artbysue
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Sue
Kidron Ohio
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2008 :  2:48:31 PM  Show Profile
I had to laugh at the comments about the yearlings-- yeah, the snip snip makes for a good attitude adjustment! :)

someone asked the breed. The mare is a TB and the stud is a Dutch Carriage Horse which is a type of warmblood. The stud is an amishman's horse and quite stunning! And to think he pulls a buggy and a manure spreader-- but very handsomely! :) I guess that is what a stud needs to keep him humble when he doesn't get the snip snip. LOL

equine and animal artist, Amish art, www.suesteiner.com www.amish-art.com
www.amulti-coloredlife.blogspot.com
http://www.cafepress.com/suesteiner

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2008 :  06:34:48 AM  Show Profile
ROFL Sue, I think from this day forward I'll be using your term...for *ahem* the snip snip.... LOL

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2008 :  10:39:52 AM  Show Profile
Too funny!

OH to see that horse pulling a manure spreader! But, in the "old" days that's what horses did. They WORKED!!! They were not just pretty pampered pets kept in a roomy stall, or left out to pasture to do nothing (Like MY horses! LOL!!). They actually EARNED their living.

With gas prices her in CA being what they are, ($4.25+ a gallon), mine just might have to learn to pull a buggy and earn THEIR keep as well! (they can also spread their OWN manure-- but in a more USEFUL way!!! (HA! HA! HA!)

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

artbysue
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Sue
Kidron Ohio
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2008 :  5:55:22 PM  Show Profile
Yeah, there is something mixed up about my horses vs the way it used to be....mine go out to pasture but want to come up to poop by the barn and pee in their stalls while I scoop the poop out and spread it on the field.....

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2008 :  6:51:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I can't wait till we live in the country and I can own my horse. I would get such a kick out of being able to ride my horse in for a bag of groceries or have the kids ride pillion down to the bus stop! I'm all for bringing back natural transportation. I used to dream as a kid about being able to ride a horse to school and to do everything! LOL

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

artbysue
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Sue
Kidron Ohio
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2008 :  8:56:39 PM  Show Profile
When my daughter was younger I homeschooled her. She had a wonderful horse. On those first beautiful days of spring when you can't stop staring out a window we would try to do school. Invaribly I would get distracted by her siblings and then the next thing I knew I would catch a glimpse of her outside riding her horse bareback thru the fields. Really I could hardly blame her since thats what I wanted to do too!

Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic foal pics! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page