Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2008 :  06:29:04 AM  Show Profile
I have decided I am going to try my first attempt at homemade pasta after I get off work tonight!!! LOL Wish me well...

Any of you ladies make pasta?

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4269 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4269 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2008 :  07:25:28 AM  Show Profile
I do. I use my kitchen aid mixer. I have the pasta attachment, so goes pretty easy, when I have the dough the right consistancy.
Homemade is so much better, I think.
Michele
Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2008 :  1:05:25 PM  Show Profile
I've made the pasta dough by hand. It's surprisingly easy!

It was my husbands project actually, but he insisted that I make the dough. He had gotten a pasta maker off of e-bay and he wanted to make raviolies. I think we were fighting at the time, because I remember throwing a cup of water at him! Don't ask me WHY I agreed to make the pasta, but I did. Maybe to shut him up. I can't remember. Anyway, after I made the dough, he was working the machine. I sat and watched and it took everything in me not to laugh!!! He was getting madder by the second because the pasta maker kept tearing open the raviolies and dropping the filling all over the place.

Have any of you ever seen a 40-something yr old man throw a tantrum like a two year old? I mean LITERALLY? He was so mad, he snatched up the pasta dough, THREW it in the pan, and SCREAMED LIKE AN ANGRY CHILD!!! I was laughing so hard I nearly fell out of my chair!!! He started laughing too.

Needless to say, we both forgot about whatever it was we'd been fighing over, cleaned up the mess, re-packed the pasta maker (which I think he RE-sold on E-bay!!) and finished making the pasta the "Old fashion" way. It turned out pretty good-- and we had a good laugh to boot!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2008 :  1:06:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Good luck with it, Jodi. Let us know how it turns out.

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

FarmWife410
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Rie
Upstate NY
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2008 :  3:20:04 PM  Show Profile  Send FarmWife410 an AOL message
I can't wait to hear how you do!!! I am thinking of trying my hand at making some too!!
Rie

~Rie~
http://whfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

juliet79
True Blue Farmgirl

112 Posts

Heather
Worland Wyoming
USA
112 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2008 :  3:27:43 PM  Show Profile
Tracy, I had to laugh reading your story! Mmm...pasta sounds really good right now!
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Drumroll please!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page