Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Cleaning Up
 Somedays you just gotta get'er done!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Somedays you just gotta get'er done! Next Topic
Page: of 2

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2008 :  8:49:13 PM  Show Profile
Sandra, I don't know if this would work, but maybe you could steam the wallpaper to loosen it from the drywall. It might leave the drywall slightly damp but it might work to loosen the glue. My bathroom had this awful old wallpaper and that is how I got it off although mine was over painted stucco. Okay, I just asked my husband and he does carpentry. He said he has the same problem you are having and has heard that steaming is supposed to work better. Please don't get overwhelmed, it took me almost 3 years to get mine done. One thing that helps is to do even a little bit every day then even if it takes months once you are done, you're done!!!!
Good Luck, monica
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2008 :  08:17:08 AM  Show Profile
Monica....thank you and your husband too! I actually have a little steamer...somewhere/ Now, where did I see it? And I like the idea of doing a little every day. I think that would take the "overwhelming" part out of it. I actually have done that before on some big projects....like cleaning. I'd set the timer for anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour each day and it's not so bad that way. Thank you so much for your info...you gals are so "uplifting"!

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Somedays you just gotta get'er done! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page