Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Interview suit Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2008 :  12:48:32 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Been a looooooooong time since I had to do this, so I have a question as the times have changed. I have a nice black pinstriped suit (small striped) for interviews and I wanted to wear a dark pink blouse underneath ( It makes my skin look good and makes me stand out). I have some nice flats with panty hose. Does this sound ok or should I just go with a white shirt underneath?

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90

aimeeravae
True Blue Farmgirl

341 Posts

Aimee
Deer River MN
USA
341 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2008 :  1:01:36 PM  Show Profile
Go with the pink. It will show you are conservative and creative. Business and colorful. Personally I think pink is the new power color.

LOVE IT!

Aimee

"Taking joy in life is a woman's best cosmetic."-Rosalind Russell
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2008 :  1:05:02 PM  Show Profile
Lol, I side with Aimee. Pink is my power color, for sure!

One thing you could do is try to get an idea how the employer expects current employees to dress and base it off that. For example, if you've been around the employees, look around and see what they're wearing, and mirror it a bit. Idk, just an idea...

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2008 :  1:17:18 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I was thinking of going stealth to the places I applied at and just checking them out. I could wear my glasses and pull my hair back and blend. For the most part, it is business appropriate, so I thought the pink would give me a little burst and they say be remarkable and memorable. And I love pink too!!!

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

kydeere40744
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

Jessica
Kentucky
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2008 :  3:35:59 PM  Show Profile
That sounds pretty good for an interview. I usually dressed a little bit better than according to what people were wearing for the company. You don't want to be overdressed or underdressed. Dress slacks are fine these days, whereas just a few years ago it was unacceptable to go into an interview without a skirt.

Good luck!! I've been there many of a time so I know what you are going through.

~Jessica in Kentucky & Farmgirl Sisterhood #137~
Be sure to visit my blog & Crafty Clipart for some of my photographs:
http://bluegrassprincess.blogspot.com/
http://www.craftyclipart.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2008 :  4:48:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Heather-

My general rule of thumb is to look as nice as you possibly can. My last professional interview I wore a black velvet skirt and a pink/purple varigated angora sweater (muted colors) that goes well with my coloring. It was winter so the heavy clothes were appropriate. I think your outfit sounds perfect. I always try to "out dress" the position I apply for by at least one or two steps. I think it shows that I am ambitious, clean cut, and worth hiring.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2008 :  10:55:35 AM  Show Profile
Yes, Heather, go with the pink! I just love your idea of going stealth ... brave of you to go right in; I would be hyperventilatng to just loiter in the parking lot at opening/closing/shift change times. Would love to see your stealth look vs. interview look; I wonder, could we tell it was you?

Jo

"Wish I had time to work with herbs all day!"
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2008 :  1:45:25 PM  Show Profile
How did the interview go, Heather (providing you've done it...?)?

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2008 :  2:39:28 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
It went ok for the first job, they liked the pink!! But I was offered that job but I have 2 more interviews this week. And the pink will be going with me- keep your fingers crossed because one of the jobs is only 4 miles away and perfect. Thanks!!!

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Interview suit Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page