Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Official Farmgirl Sisterhood Members
 Is anyone having trouble buying the new book?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Official Farmgirl Sisterhood Members: Previous Topic Is anyone having trouble buying the new book? Next Topic  

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2008 :  9:01:04 PM  Show Profile
I was wondering if anyone had tried to preorder the new book today with the Sisterhood Special? I cannot seem to put anything in my cart. What am I doing wrong?

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2008 :  11:48:53 PM  Show Profile
I would just e-mail sunny at MaryJanesFarm and explain the problem.
sunny@maryjanesfarm.com

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2008 :  05:37:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I had trouble, too. I emailed the iris email and asked them to charge two books for me. I tried twice and then had to be offline yesterday, so I hope that will work for me.

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2008 :  06:32:48 AM  Show Profile
Yup. I had the same problem, so I just called up and ordered it over the phone.....Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2008 :  06:39:07 AM  Show Profile
okay so I am not just doing something wrong...I emailed iris...so hopefully that can fix my problem thanks ladies. How have you been Janice? I haven't talked to you in a while.

Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2008 :  07:03:05 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
How lucky are we? that we can just email the farm with little issues, and they are magically taken care of.....I love that!

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2008 :  07:09:48 AM  Show Profile
yes...we are very lucky...I thought I had lost my mind.

Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2008 :  08:27:02 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Hi, Jess! Did you ever post a pic of the pink sewing machine and the cabinet you worked on?

Farmgirl Sister #50

'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2008 :  09:07:52 AM  Show Profile
you know, i dont know if I did. I dont think so. My kids bedroom is torn apart today as we are having 2 sets of full over full bunks and 2 desks with hutches delivered today for their room, so give me a few days to get their room back togetehr and I will take pics adn send em to ya.

http://hectichousehold.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sunny
True Blue Farmgirl

120 Posts

120 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2008 :  10:09:36 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your patience with our new online software (and for your faith in our ability to fix all problems like magic)! Fixing computer problems is not my specialty, but I can assure all of you that you'll get your Sisterhood discounts in spite of the passed deadline and the computer glitches! Just e-mail me directly with your full name, Sister number, and book order, and I'll take care of it the "good old-fashioned way," with paper and pen! That, I can do!

Thanks!

~Sunny
iris@maryjanesfarm.org
Farmgirl Sister #4

You never know what each day will bring, so laugh, love, sing.
Go to Top of Page

Gabe
True Blue Farmgirl

374 Posts

Gabe
Moscow Idaho
USA
374 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2008 :  11:18:27 AM  Show Profile
I'm looking into the problem. It sure is a bummer.
And I hate to be the bummer, nay-sayer tech person, but I'm not seeing it happen. You know how computers go - they always behave when someone's watching them for a problem. I just placed a fake order, all the way through, adding the book and "my" sisterhood number twice to the cart, and it all worked fine.
It may be that our shopping program was having problems Sunday only (how handy, while no one's here to check in on it); it may be related to an earlier problem that one of you (and me) saw happening, but I couldn't make it happen twice to really solve it. So, not sure yet, but looking.

Would any of you be willing to work with me to get me more info to try to make it happen again, or see where it is happening?
Go to Top of Page

Gabe
True Blue Farmgirl

374 Posts

Gabe
Moscow Idaho
USA
374 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2008 :  11:39:18 AM  Show Profile
One thing that I want to note is how adding things to the cart works, just to make sure there's no confusion regarding it.
I have it set so that when you add an item, it does not redirect you to the cart so that you have to then click back out to where you were. It simply adds the item, staying where you are. You'll see your cart total update, and the page will blink as it reloads quickly.

So I just wanted to make sure that's understood. Since the page didn't go anywhere, you weren't just thinking it was adding nothing to your cart, right?

Gabe
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2008 :  11:44:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I got my sisterhood number in there okay, but I never could find a place to put the discount phrase and it never did reduce the total price. I'm sure I was missing something, but I just couldn't figure it out.

Farmgirl Sister #50

'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Gabe
True Blue Farmgirl

374 Posts

Gabe
Moscow Idaho
USA
374 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2008 :  11:49:35 AM  Show Profile
I'm going to extend the promotion for another day (online), since Sunday was apparently not happening and some of you weren't able to get your order in then, and also to help troubleshoot this some more.

And, like Sunny said, please be sure to contact her directly if you weren't able to get your book order to work on time and especially if you're tired of messing with these silly online ordering processes :)

Thanks for your patience.
Gabe
Go to Top of Page

Gabe
True Blue Farmgirl

374 Posts

Gabe
Moscow Idaho
USA
374 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2008 :  11:59:09 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Bee Haven

I got my sisterhood number in there okay, but I never could find a place to put the discount phrase and it never did reduce the total price.

The discount phrase is entered at the end, the very last page "Review and Submit Your Order" before you actually click the "Submit Order" button. There's a field called "Coupon Code". Enter it there, and click apply. It'll update instantly.

It is a pretty goofy, difficult spot for it, for sure.
Gabe
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9323 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9323 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2008 :  04:56:05 AM  Show Profile
At first I wasn't sure how to do the discount code but as I went along it came up. I'm wondering if it went through then since others were having problems.

Denise

farmgirl sister #43

"Take a lesson from the teakettle, though up to its
neck in hot water...it sings!"

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

jbuckles775
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Jerri
Reno NV
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2010 :  10:13:23 AM  Show Profile
Farmgirl Sister - #650 Jerri Buckles
Go to Top of Page
  Official Farmgirl Sisterhood Members: Previous Topic Is anyone having trouble buying the new book? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page