Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Be Aware: You are what you eat
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Be Aware: You are what you eat Next Topic  

dg7954
True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

Diane
Doylestown pa
USA
129 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2005 :  07:05:38 AM  Show Profile
I am becoming more aware of how energy impacts every part of our lives. I am a cranial sacral therapist, and have also been interested in Quantum Physics for years. I read a book recently called, Hidden Message in Water. This is a small, but eleoquent book written by a Japanese scientist (I don't have the book to refer to, I leant it to someone), who has done studies of water crystals after he has exposed them to positive and negative thoughts. He placed water in jars, and wrote different words on the jars like love on one, and hate on another. He then examined the crystals, and it is just amazing photography of how some of the crystals look like perfect snowflakes, and the others look distorted and damaged. I really recommend this book, I think I will post it under recommendations for books. But, anyway, my point is that energy of any kind, like the energy molecules that make up food, can be damaged, diseased and distorted by the thoughts and feelings of the people handling and preparing it. After seeing the movie Supersize Me, I got to thinking that, not only was fast food, (a great example of my theory) low in nutrients, but it carries the negative energy of the preparer, if he doesn't like his job. This is more destructive to ingest than the sodium and fat. Think of all the food we eat that has negative energy, possibly, in it. Of course, this is the premise of free-range, organically grown food, but awareness of "bad vibes" in a restaurant or market, could be important. If the people aren't happy, neither is the food. I believe that food cooked with love is ten times better for you for this reason. Hence, my mother's chicken soup, the cure-all of everything. I make it now, and put all the love I can give into it, along with anything I cook for my family. So, don't worry so much about the sodium, just make sure that love is the first ingredient.

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2005 :  4:55:18 PM  Show Profile
I love this and it makes perfect sense to me. If you can remember or locate the book again I would love to know the author's name to check it out! Perhaps if I Google it...

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet."~Rumi

Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2005 :  5:00:44 PM  Show Profile
Boy tonight I am working on asides...after I posted that I remembered a story, I think I read it in one of the "Chicken Soup for the Soul" books a long time ago. A mother of a family cooked the most amazing meals, whether it was grilled cheese sandwiches (for example) or something more gourmet. She had a spice container that she kept secret, her family only saw her get the container out while cooking, sprinkle some of the spice on the food, and put it away. No meal went untouched by this spice, which she called her "secret ingredient". She never would divulge what it was, but every meal was a masterpiece to her family. I don't remember the details of the story, as it was a long time ago I read it, but her husband came to find the spice container after many years of her using it, open it only to find a slip of worn paper which read "The most important ingredient is love".

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet."~Rumi

Go to Top of Page

hapyhrt
True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

USA
129 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2005 :  03:51:24 AM  Show Profile
I've read that story before too and the sentiment behind it has stayed with me all these years.

To me, my Mom makes the best homemade chicken soup and no matter how I try to duplicate her recipe it's never as satisfying as her soup is.

I believe that Love and care makes a world of difference. Maybe that's why people still visit little Mom and Pop diners or fundraisers that promote home cooked foods! Just imagine the good that could be shared if big food companies made sure their employees were appreciated and enjoyed their jobs? Those good vibes would be a boost to a hurting society, I think!

Thanks for sharing this interesting topic with us, Diane! ;)

"Think happy thoughts...any others aren't worth your time!" Ü
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2005 :  6:01:38 PM  Show Profile
My dad and I always wanted my stepmother to make out food. Even though we could make it ourselves, exampl toasted chees sandwiches, they ALWAYS seemed better when she did it. Love is expressed in so many ways......

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

KarenP
True Blue Farmgirl

666 Posts

Karen
Chippewa Falls Wisconsin
USA
666 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2005 :  6:49:39 PM  Show Profile
I did some checking on the book Diane is talking about.
I found it at Half.com
http://half.ebay.com/cat/buy/prod.cgi?cpid=1207676263&pr=30245176
and Overstock.com
http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PAGE=ENDECA&SEC_IID=11149&N=0&keywords=The+Hidden+Messages+in+Water&x=18&y=7
I'll add this to my wishlist!
Thanks Diane!
KarenP

"Purest Spring Water in the World"
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Be Aware: You are what you eat Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page