Rebekka Mae
True Blue Farmgirl

965 Posts

Rebekka
Moscow ID
USA
965 Posts

Posted - May 29 2008 :  7:27:33 PM  Show Profile
OK Palouse Girls- where can I get raw milk around here? I know I can go to Spokane and pick it up at Fresh Abundance but that seems, well extreme, given current gas prices. I searched a raw website and saw nothing within 60 miles...

www.bebebella.etsy.com

As a woman I have no country. As a woman, my country is the whole world.

Virginia Woolf

Edited by - Rebekka Mae on May 29 2008 7:56:54 PM

Rebekka Mae
True Blue Farmgirl

965 Posts

Rebekka
Moscow ID
USA
965 Posts

Posted - May 30 2008 :  09:33:14 AM  Show Profile
Is selling raw milk illegal in Idaho? Surely there is a goat or cow here somewhere;)

www.bebebella.etsy.com

Virginia Woolf
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 30 2008 :  11:42:41 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Rebekka-

I just called the Health Department- and left a message on voice mail. However, a family I know that milks their own goats did tell me that around here the sale of raw milk is actually illegal. I'll double check on that for you though!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - May 30 2008 :  5:30:51 PM  Show Profile
Hey Rebekka - I don't know Idaho's laws but I do know it is illegal to transport raw milk across state lines (!?!) That knowledge comes from my years in the grocery department of an organic food store. Not sure if that is just for commercial purposes or what but it seems mighty silly...Years ago there was a raw milk dairy in Chewelah, the school district there even bought milk from them, never any problems but when Washington state revised their laws the insurance became prohibitive, to say the least, and they went out of business. Just ridiculous I tell ya, we (USA) are scared of raw milk but we'll eat any number of odd things in conventional food
Go to Top of Page

Rebekka Mae
True Blue Farmgirl

965 Posts

Rebekka
Moscow ID
USA
965 Posts

Posted - May 30 2008 :  7:05:00 PM  Show Profile
Thanks so much both of you...I have a few leads now- hopefully I won't have to resort to milk smuggling! I remember that raw milk dairy in Chewelah...mmmmm, those kids were lucky.

www.bebebella.etsy.com

Virginia Woolf
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - May 30 2008 :  9:56:51 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Rebekka,
Check out the website www.realmilk.com also a friend from CA is a real activist on this and has a rae milk dairy - He freezes and ships milk all over the US. www.organicpastures.com ( his name is Mark McAfee).. there is also a family in Touchet WA. they Wybenga's that sell raw milk... But definatley check out www.realmilk.com as they laws change so much and this is the most current info and producers list.. ( it is associated with Weston Price Foundation.. (www.westonaprice.org)...

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2008 :  8:04:27 PM  Show Profile
The milk-smuggling thing put me in mind of a bunch of farmgirls in aprons on the running boards of a model-T keeping a lookout for the revenue agent ala Bonnie and Clyde or moonshiners - let's hope we don't all have to become outlaws to drink raw milk.....
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2008 :  8:20:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hahaha! Amy that made me laugh!

I checked with the Health Department and yes, it is against the law in Latah County. She said she knows that several farms are selling it, but she isn't going to crack down on them. However she did sound a bit scandalized that people want to drink raw milk.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2008 :  8:57:15 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
How weired is it.. that a food in its natural form is "illegal"... that would make my granny an "outlaw".. do you know how funny that seems to me?.. Amy I think we raw milkers should all get to gether and have a photo depicting your word picture.....Love it!

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

YiberryYadeeKarin
True Blue Farmgirl

343 Posts

Karin
Spokane Valley WA
USA
343 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2008 :  9:55:12 PM  Show Profile
Isn't there a Farmgirl -- JoAnn in Colville perhaps? -- who has raw milk? (My apologies for getting your name wrong if I did -- I don't get on this site that much anymore).

Karin
Go to Top of Page

Rebekka Mae
True Blue Farmgirl

965 Posts

Rebekka
Moscow ID
USA
965 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2008 :  11:45:58 PM  Show Profile
Alee-
You are TOO CUTE! Thanks for calling, that poor woman on the phone- perhaps she thinks once I find it I mean to go feeding it to the neighborhood kids, hers perhaps!!!! Maybe I will;)

They will have wanted posters all over town Amy so we better look wild in our picture-

"Latah County Sheriff seeking milkin' posse...a gang of mama's in aprons out of Moscow spreading fresh UNPASTURIZED MILK amongst our young uns'- Reward!"

www.bebebella.etsy.com

Virginia Woolf
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2008 :  06:52:54 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
HEHEHE! We could have a Speakeasy for Raw Milk!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

QueenofQuiteAlot
True Blue Farmgirl

865 Posts

Dalyn
Milk 'n Honey Ranch Central, WA
USA
865 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2008 :  07:07:28 AM  Show Profile
I get people calling and asking me to sell them raw milk pretty often, and I won't anymore. It is illegal, and you are right, we do need have a secret speak easy! *U*
Scandalous that we don't have the right to buy milk from one another anymore to nourish our children....gets me mad when I think about it too long.
My oldest two children have severe allergies and asthma, and I bought goats to milk to provide them with milk they could drink since I couldn't legally buy it raw. Not everyone can do that.
There has to be a way to take our rights back...at least regarding food consumption! That garbage they sell commercially is what should be illegal.

Dalyn

Muckboots 'N Aprons Chapter
~Hick Chicks Soap Barn ~
www.hickchickssoapbarn.com

Homespun Raw Goat Milk Soaps 'n More

http://muckbootsnaprons.blogspot.com/
http://proverbs31nubians.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

QueenofQuiteAlot
True Blue Farmgirl

865 Posts

Dalyn
Milk 'n Honey Ranch Central, WA
USA
865 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2008 :  07:08:47 AM  Show Profile
By the way- raw goat milk is so healthful, both of those children went off ALL their medications within six months.

Dalyn

Muckboots 'N Aprons Chapter
~Hick Chicks Soap Barn ~
www.hickchickssoapbarn.com

Homespun Raw Goat Milk Soaps 'n More

http://muckbootsnaprons.blogspot.com/
http://proverbs31nubians.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Raw Milk in Moscow? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: