Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 French "thank you's" from WWII--beautiful!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic French "thank you's" from WWII--beautiful!!! Next Topic
Page: of 2

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2011 :  09:32:32 AM  Show Profile
I was so glad that Alee bumped the thread, because I cannot still believe, how beautiful that embroider was!!! My father was a ball turret gunner, but he didn't talk about it, if at all, Margo. Talk to your step grandfather and get all those memories down--these men are leaving us each and every day!

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2011 :  09:44:18 AM  Show Profile
i can't jonni--he doesn't know that I exist--my dad and mom were in high school when i was conceived and he was never told about me- my grandmother was afraid taht he would beat my dad to death or something--
but i do have a lot of his history that my dad compiled for an award ceremony and for the Sons and Daughters of Pearl Harbor Survivors........

i am in awe when i run into one of teh WWII guys still living- it brings tears to me.....

and those embroidered flags-OMG!!! how awesome--i never went to the museum in dayton but am moving back to ohio so maybe soemday!!!

Farmgirl # 2139
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic French "thank you's" from WWII--beautiful!!! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page