Page: of 2

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - May 25 2008 :  4:33:03 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Are they good with slipping? Do they have good traction? Thanks.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Brew Crew
True Blue Farmgirl

676 Posts

Molly
Arizona
676 Posts

Posted - May 25 2008 :  4:52:40 PM  Show Profile
LOVE THEM!!! $7.99 @ Target. ;)

Funny Farm ramblings http://happydalehobby.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - May 25 2008 :  7:05:47 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by catscharm74

I did get the hot pink!!! WHOO HOOOO!!!

Heather

FARMGIRL #90

Heather, Hot Pink is soooooooooooooo you! I knew you would get them!

I have been considering getting a pair, but think they look tacky (sorry, no offense meant) and the stinky feet part kinda scares me too. However, everyone keeps raving about how comfy theirs are.
Has anyone had problems with blisters forming from theirs? My daughter has a knock off pair, and got some wicked blisters.
I am diabetic, so the thought of blisters on my feet terrify me.
Normally, I wear Doc Marten's but have nothing for the summertime other than a pair of cloggy type Target shoes that hurt my feet if I wear them too long. I go barefoot most of the time.
I have funky feet too (too many years in retail, factory work and dance lessons) so the diabetic issues aside, finding shoes are a p.i.t.a. for me anyways.

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - May 25 2008 :  7:18:36 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Kate- OH YEAH!! I love pink and more pink and the louder the better but now I will have to paint my toes something pretty since people will be noticing my feet.

I am hoping these will help wth my back issues and give me a little more support. Years of wearing military boots and shoes have screwed up my feet. Plus I have wide feet with high arches.

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - May 25 2008 :  7:53:27 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
What about sizing? Do they run true? I am usually a 10W so should I just order a 10? I can still change my order if I have to.

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

nitere
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Amy
Hickory NC
USA
482 Posts

Posted - May 25 2008 :  8:03:13 PM  Show Profile
mine have run true to size and i have worn them in the rain with no slipping problems. and kate, no one in my family has gotten blisters from them. my son had a knock off pair and got blisters, but he has had three real pairs and never had a problem with them.

farmgirl sister #37

http://www.buraellen.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - May 25 2008 :  9:14:04 PM  Show Profile
Ok, thanks Amy. Good to know. My daughter has issues with her feet too, and I think we will invest in the real deal for her, and leave the cheapie pair for getting trashed at the cabin.
Ironically, we were discussing Crocs last evening at the cabin. LOL
AND I just purchased a pair of Mary Jane Doc Marten's online, waiting for delivery. Hope they fit like my boots do! Perhaps I can just buy those half socks that don't show, and use them as sandals.

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland

Edited by - kissmekate on May 25 2008 9:15:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - May 26 2008 :  03:38:16 AM  Show Profile
If we are to be earth friendly, I'd rather stick to my Birks too. I have had the same pair since 1992 and had them refirbished once since then. For sandals, you can't beat the support

I have a frined who has had her original pair since the late 60's. She gets hers fixed as needed too.

This is just opinion here, but the Crocs are too ugly and trendy for me. I prefer non-mainstream
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - May 26 2008 :  03:41:51 AM  Show Profile
Sorry, didn't read all the posts thoroughly.

Good to know Crick does to the "environmental" thing. Their program is good to know about.

I'll still stick to Birks. It's mostly the wet/sweaty factor------ and, still too trendy
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - May 26 2008 :  06:08:02 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I am thinking about getting a pair for Charlie. Can he wear them without socks? I called my Doc this morning and she highly recommends them, especially for all the back issues I have. She know I live in flip flops and was always telling me I need more support.

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

sugarplum
True Blue Farmgirl

131 Posts

RoseMarie
MS
USA
131 Posts

Posted - May 26 2008 :  06:16:19 AM  Show Profile
I love crocs, a friend of mine sells them and I have so many different colors. My favorite are the flip-flops, I wear these around the house instead of houseshoes. My husband says they are the uglies shoes he has every seen and will not wear them.

You must atleast buy one pair, then you'll be sold on them.

Hugs, RoseMarie

www.sugarplumcottage.blogspot.com

www.sugarplumcottage.etsy.com

"I try to balance my life, barefoot and with a cookie in both hands"
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - May 26 2008 :  10:42:19 AM  Show Profile
Whoops should have been more specific - I only noticed the stinky feet thing if they got wet with water from a hose and then your feet dried inside them - other than that no problems
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - May 26 2008 :  12:10:03 PM  Show Profile
I've never had a stinky feet problem, but then I NEVER go without socks. I just can't stand having my bare feet inside a shoe. It just feels icky to me. I wear cotton booties in the summer and fleece or heavy cotton socks in the winter. I get them wet when watering the garden, but cotton socks don't really take that long to dry. And cool wet socks on my feet feel great on a hot hot day.

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - May 26 2008 :  1:12:13 PM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
I love crocs or the generic kind I picked up :-p super comfy! Sorry about your toe! Fast recovery!

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."
http://ligonierfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
http://liggygirl.blogspot.com/
http://liggygirlslonggreen.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - May 26 2008 :  1:14:01 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I did something stupid with my toe- I slipped in the HEB parking lot on some water while I was wearing flip flops. I save my right foot but my left big toe took the brunt of it. YIKES!!! It isn't broken but I was told it will be a month before I can even feel normal. YIKES!!!

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - May 26 2008 :  9:08:53 PM  Show Profile
I really want to get some of the fleece lined ones before next winter..they are cute and look cozy for sure!
I have never had the stinky feet problem at all with crocs..and I wear them with and without socks depending on how cold it is out.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2899 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2899 Posts

Posted - May 27 2008 :  07:17:05 AM  Show Profile
Jenny, the reason you notice a big difference in the fake & original is there is an actual patent on the Crocs design. It is designed to absorb something like 90+ % of the impact as you walk. I have a pair & love them too, although I admit, they are ugly.
Go to Top of Page

nashbabe
True Blue Farmgirl

687 Posts

687 Posts

Posted - May 27 2008 :  08:23:20 AM  Show Profile
Yeah, the Payless Shoes ones i bought were not nearly as comfy as the crocs. We heart crocs around here. My hubby even wears some without holes in them to work. He works around all guys so no one notices anyway. He has the rx's. We pretty much live in them. I got my sister a pair of the Bistros (with the non-slip sole) as she is a nurse. Otherwise, if it's wet and you're walking across pavement which has had some cars parked on it, for example, you could slip.

Crunchy crafty goodness and psychoses...;-)http://nashbabe.blogspot.com

groovy stuff 2 buy...http://www.alittlesplurge.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - May 27 2008 :  08:43:19 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I ordered the relieft one's, for my toe and comfort.

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - May 27 2008 :  10:24:43 AM  Show Profile
Lauren picked out a pair of black maryjane style crocs. I am hoping these help with growing pains.

I purchased a pair of Doc Marten maryjanes online.

I tried the crocs on and didn't like them.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Do you wear Crocs?? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page