Linder
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Linda
Lake Forest IL
USA
592 Posts

Posted - May 25 2008 :  07:45:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Linder a Yahoo! Message
Well as some of you may know I've been building a plan to move to Chicago and make a new life with my boyfriend Dan.
The other day I got online to look for jobs and found one that scared me to death! LOL! I looked at the description and the big money they are paying and thought "Oh no, I couldn't possibly do this.." etc, etc. And then it dawned on me.
I put these ideas of what I want out to God (or the universe, whichever you prefer) and when opportunities come to me I do my darndest to throw a hitch in things! LOL! What is that about?
Just so you know, I applied for that job and the agency called me not 5 minutes later! Sheesh my head was spinning.
I made the first cut and on Tuesday they will be contacting me for a phone interview. If I make that cut they'll be flying me to Chicago for an interview. I could feasably be moving as early as the end of June if this works out and you know what? I've decided to stand out of the way for once and allow the magic that I asked for in my life to happen!
I'm so excited to see what happens next but mostly I'm excited that I've decided I'm worth this big, beautiful job and all the lovely changes that would come along with it!
Phew!
Have any of you had similar experiences? I'd love to hear them!

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom"

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - May 25 2008 :  07:49:59 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Linda, that is fantastic!!! I do believe in the energy we put out is what we get back. I am focusing right now looking for a good job with certain hours due to my need to be home for my son at night and on the weekends. I am just focusing on "8-4" and that it is a close by job. Found 3 in the paper this morning!!

I wish you the best.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Linder
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Linda
Lake Forest IL
USA
592 Posts

Posted - May 25 2008 :  07:54:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Linder a Yahoo! Message
Heather, that's awesome! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. If you could pick anything what kind of job would you be doing?

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom"
Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - May 25 2008 :  08:03:36 AM  Show Profile
Linda you are getting closer just a hop and jump on down to Ky for our sale and gathering would love to have you

Farm Girl #96

http://www.picturetrail.com/misswilmasplace

http://misswilma.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - May 25 2008 :  08:07:10 AM  Show Profile
Good for you, Linder!!! It's very easy to talk yourself out of things, isn't it? Remember, you can do anything--you've already done most of it! Sounds like a wonderful opportunity, and even if it this one doesn't work out (which I'm hoping it will!!!) now you know how viable you are to the market!!!!

Best of luck, please keep us posted!

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - May 25 2008 :  08:07:42 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Something with a desk job- I have worked my tail off physically for years. This job is in HR and doing a lot with people. I am a people person and I can get things done.

I hope we both get what we want!!!

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Linder
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Linda
Lake Forest IL
USA
592 Posts

Posted - May 25 2008 :  08:54:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Linder a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Jonni I really appreciate your kind, encouraging words!
I'm so happy that I'm becoming more aware of how I can sabotage myself and more importantly moving into the space where I allow things to traspire naturally. Quite a concept! LOL!
And Miss Wilma, I can hardly wait to take a road trip down to KY. It's at the top of my list!

Go to Top of Page

Linder
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Linda
Lake Forest IL
USA
592 Posts

Posted - May 25 2008 :  08:56:48 AM  Show Profile  Send Linder a Yahoo! Message
Heather we WILL and it'll be wonderful. We deserve it!

Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - May 25 2008 :  09:21:23 AM  Show Profile
Hurray, we will keep the lights burning, you will love the girls and all of us are looking forward to meeting others

Farm Girl #96

http://www.picturetrail.com/misswilmasplace

http://misswilma.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Big Life Changes! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page