shepherdess
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Robin
Eatonville Washington
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2005 :  08:08:51 AM  Show Profile
could someone tell me how to go back to JUST reading the forums. I have been getting all the emails and it has become overwelming.I cannot figure out how to switch back. I want to be able to go in and read the forums at my own speed. Please email me privately because i am not reading the forum emails right now. THANKS SO MUCH

Farm Girl from Western Washington
" From sheep to handspun "

Carol
Moderator/MaryJane's Design Diva

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2005 :  1:04:30 PM  Show Profile
Hi Robin. You were "subscribed" to the whole forum, meaning you would get an e-mail alert every time someone posted. I just went into the subscriptions and "unsubscribed" you. You can do this with your own accounts by clicking on the "my subscriptions" link in the upper right corner. While I don't think many people are interested in seeing all posts (you can more easily manage this by clicking on the "active topics" link and seeing things since your last visit), you can use subscriptions to just get alerts to one of your posts. For example, if you've asked a question on one of the topics and you're interested in seeing any answers, just "subscribe" to that topic, then if you get to a point where you've fulfilled your interest quota, you can merely "unsubsctibe" again.

Thanks!
Carol
Go to Top of Page

shepherdess
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Robin
Eatonville Washington
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2005 :  11:26:02 PM  Show Profile
Thanks so much for your help

Farm Girl from Western Washington
" From sheep to handspun "
Go to Top of Page

lareyna
True Blue Farmgirl

242 Posts

Arlene
Valley Ford Ca
USA
242 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2005 :  3:00:44 PM  Show Profile
Hi Carol, I can't see any link that says "my subscriptions" please unsubscribe me to all,,,,,,,thanks so much

http://morkielove.blogspot.com/
I was Country before Country was COOL
Go to Top of Page

Carol

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2005 :  3:07:56 PM  Show Profile
Hi Lareyna.
It's right up there in the top right corner, by "home, profile," etc. You probably have to be logged on to see it, so maybe that's why you didn't. I unsubscribed you to quite a few forums -- that was probably generating a lot of e-mails!

Thanks!
Carol
Go to Top of Page

lareyna
True Blue Farmgirl

242 Posts

Arlene
Valley Ford Ca
USA
242 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2005 :  10:14:07 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Carol, I can't stay logged om, I have to enter on every page I am on, I have tried to use the suggestions, I give up

Go to Top of Page

Carol

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2005 :  10:40:42 AM  Show Profile
Hi Lareyna.
I'm sorry you have that odd problem about logging on when you go from page to page. That has to be some setting in your browser, and not a function of the forum. Do you have anyone who could troubleshoot for you by looking at your browser settings?
Carol
Go to Top of Page

Judes
True Blue Farmgirl

156 Posts

Jude
OH
USA
156 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2005 :  12:17:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Judes a Yahoo! Message
Lareyna-This probably is related to your browser settings, as Carol mentioned. Look in your systems preferences to see how you have your "cookies" set up. If you have your preferences set to not accept cookies, then it will not allow your password to be remembered. (Cookies are little files saved on your computer, by your computer that allow you access to different websites etc...They are created when you join a website, or shop on an online store. When you next log onto that site, the website can detect the "cookie" and doesn't require a password, visa versa.that's the easiest way to explain it.) Often, for computer safety reasons, people choose to not accept cookies...but there is a medium setting that should allow you to choose what Cookies you accept, and which you don't. That's my best guess. I hope that helps in some way! -Judes

http://schoolstreet.typepad.com
www.jac.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

lareyna
True Blue Farmgirl

242 Posts

Arlene
Valley Ford Ca
USA
242 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2005 :  2:29:08 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for all of the suggestions, but I have already tried all of them and anyway it wasn't like that until just recently

Go to Top of Page

beckels
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

becky
warrington pa
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2006 :  8:35:56 PM  Show Profile
I have clicked on the button to unsubscribe - (a tad to many emails) and I dont think its working or I didnt do it right (a great possibility)
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2006 :  9:25:07 PM  Show Profile
Becky - have you been able to resolve the subscription issue? I just wanted to check in and see if I could help...

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page
  Technical Support: Previous Topic To many emails Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page