Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Hug your Kids today
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Hug your Kids today Next Topic  

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4268 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4268 Posts

Posted - May 22 2008 :  04:45:01 AM  Show Profile
We have had a tragedy in our small town. A 16 year old, driving to school, lost her life on Wed. Words can't say how much this has affected the entire county. It is just so so sad.
My boys witnessed this, my 16 year old is wishing he would not of. The girls parents were grateful, that there was someone with her that she knew. She fought to live, but did not make it.

So hug your kids today, and everyday.

Michele

corporatefarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

389 Posts

Tamara
Pikeville TN
USA
389 Posts

Posted - May 22 2008 :  04:56:35 AM  Show Profile
Oh Michele how sad not only for the family but for your son as well. My prayers are with all of you.

Last week I posted about my son, who was hit head on by another car. I am so thankful that his life was spared and the fact that the injuries are not major.

Tamara
http://smallfarm.about.com small farms give big benefits
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - May 22 2008 :  06:32:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Michele,I am so sorry that your son was there. Please know I am thinking of your community.
And thank you for the reminder, I will go hug my kids now for sure.

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

Rich or Poor, It Dont matter We're all the same everybodys hungry in a different way....

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

www.justanotherhousewife.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Tammy Claxton
True Blue Farmgirl

1559 Posts

Tammy
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
1559 Posts

Posted - May 22 2008 :  06:47:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Tammy Claxton an AOL message
Oh Michele, how sad. I'm sorry that your son had to witness that. Thank you for the reminder. I hug my kids evryday and tell them that I love them everyday too. Even my older kids. I think that everyone needs to know that they are loved everyday.

Crafty Bay Farmgirl Chapter

"What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger"

Farmgirl #152

http://countryintheburbs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 22 2008 :  06:54:17 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I am so sorry for the tragedy in your community. I hope your sons find peace again soon.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4745 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4745 Posts

Posted - May 22 2008 :  07:13:53 AM  Show Profile
Michele, Give both of your sons a big hug for me. What a terrible thing this has been for everyone. I have been praying for them all.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4745 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4745 Posts

Posted - May 24 2008 :  07:13:51 AM  Show Profile
Michele, You told me today is the funeral for the young girl who died in the accident. Please let her family know the farmgirls thoughts & prayers are with them at this difficult time. We're praying for your sons as they get through this difficult day too.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - May 24 2008 :  07:42:23 AM  Show Profile
I am soo sorry -I can't begin to imagine the pain everyone isa going thru.
Tamara, i'm sooo glad your son is okay!

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars,or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit." Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - May 24 2008 :  2:00:57 PM  Show Profile
I am praying for your community and the family of the young girl who lost her life. Hope your sons are dealing with it ok, although I know it was something they will never forget.

My quilting and life blog!!
http://downtoearthliving.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4268 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4268 Posts

Posted - May 25 2008 :  4:28:37 PM  Show Profile
the funeral was oh so sad, but beautiful. It was held at the school, for the many many people that attended. In a way it was a beautiful sight to see the long procession of every one walking to the grave site. The cemetary is next to the school. I think the worst part was the parents telling us they were sorry that our boys had to witness the accident. Oh gosh. Tough week.
The boys seem to be doing okay. Quiet but okay.
Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers for all.

Michele
Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - May 26 2008 :  09:29:56 AM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Michele, My prayers are with your family and the girls. Even though it is tough for your boys they did an awesome thing by staying with her. It may also make them think when they are driving to be cautious. When I worked at our high school we had a number students who died during my 10 years and each one was so sad. A young life taken so early. We all need to remember to hug and kiss and tell our loved ones how much we love them EVERYDAY!!!!! It may be the last time we see them.

http://www.bboopster.blogspot.com
3 Blue Star Mother and Proud of it!
Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Hug your Kids today Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page