Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 My 1957 Trailer...NEW SOTF TRAILER PICS!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic My 1957 Trailer...NEW SOTF TRAILER PICS! Next Topic
Page: of 4

La Patite Ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

623 Posts

Jenn
CA
USA
623 Posts

Posted - May 20 2008 :  3:29:53 PM  Show Profile
Oh MaryJane you've gone and done it - got me thinking (again) about my dream of tootling around the country and the Sisters website did nothing to disuade my daydreaming. The worst part - Ebay has dozens of pre-1970 trailers for auction. And - at good prices too. Some in better shape than others of course. But the one with the tourquise (sp?) trim, oven and stove about sent me over the edge.

Glad to see y'all coming to Ventura in 2009. Are you having a trailer display too? Would love to come and check out the group. Maybe other Ventura Farmgurls would too.
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - May 20 2008 :  7:52:41 PM  Show Profile
Oh Jenn, it would be wonderful to see you in Ventura, CA! Yes, you will have to come by and say hey and see all the 150+ trailers! If you became a Sister on the Fly you could even tent with us! I am helping plan that Giddy Up! If you have any questions just put a shout out there to me! Katmom-Grace is coming!

Thanks Bunches farmgirls for all your posts!!! Little ButtonWillow is jumping up & down on her "tires" with all this attention!

Now off to eBay to check out those cuties!!!

Hugs, Maryjane Lee
Farmgirl Sister #44

http://thebeehivecottage.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

cathy cobblestone
True Blue Farmgirl

194 Posts

cathy
greensburg ky
USA
194 Posts

Posted - May 20 2008 :  8:02:32 PM  Show Profile
Oh Mary Jane - that is the cutest thing ever!!! I know you all had so much fun - especially fly fishing. I would love to try that sometime. LOOOOOOOOOOVE Your Ride!! Makes me want to go find one to decorate myself - better yet - I'd love to come and visit you and just take a ride in that Little ButtonWillow of yours. You are to much fun! Have loads of laughs and good times in your precious lil' travel trailer. Happy Travels to ya! Cathy

Today is a gift, live it!
Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - May 20 2008 :  8:17:33 PM  Show Profile
My sister-in-law fixed her trailer up really cute like yours! It just amazes me. I look at one of those old things and don't know WHAT to do with it! My husband bought a REALLY neat old motor home a few years ago and I had dreams of "girly-ing" it all up, but he ADAMENTLY refused to let me even hang new curtians!! So, it's HIS domain (for NOW....he..he..he..).

Besides, I've never really gotten to ride in it even, let alone stay in it somewhere--- the farm and all the critters keep me home-- but SOMEDAY, my passion for the farm and the living things that roam on it will wane (hmm....) and I WILL get my hands on that Motorhome of his!!!
Thanks for sharing. I LOVE It!!! (PS-- I couldn't resist the Jane Austin Quiz. I'm "Elizabeth Bennet!") ~~~ Happy trails to you! Tracy
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - May 20 2008 :  11:00:21 PM  Show Profile
Hey miss wilma & Jenn and any others who suffer from "wunderlust" & 'itty bitty trailer fevor',,,,you are always welcome to join in the fun w/the "sisters", you don't even need a trailer, tho that is half the fun.
Maryjane is coming up to Spokane in June & we are camping over in McCall, ID. We are the ying & yang, she is sweet country chic & I am mid-century,post modern in our trailers, that's what makes it such fun. We all have fun decorating our trailers to our personalities...
Yep, I will be there for the big Giddy-up in Ventura in 2009....I know Maryjane & I would love to meet up with any of you (hint hint, Jenn) while we are there.
Marjane, I showed my DH the pic's of you & your DH & Buttonwillow, I just might have him pursueded into buying a 2nd trailer(canned ham)...
Miss Wilma, I had the good fortune to meet Becky & her sister Maurrie @ the Walla Walla get together. Both are super nice ladies. So what are you waiting for? go get that trailer...
oh & by the by, don't shop ebay, check out your local craigs list and even the Sisters on the Fly forum for vintage trailers for sale. If all fails, while out & about, if you see a vintage trailer, just knock on the door & ask if it might be for sale, I actually have a friend who did that, she left her phone # with the couple and got a call back several days later & shortly after that was the proud new owner of an old trailer. Just be aware, most older trailer do have issues, after all they are old. The biggest problem is usualy water leakage, but that is a fixable issue to say the least. So no more excuses get to crackin' and get your self atrailer & come fish w/maryjane & me...
more ying & yang...Maryjane is a fly gal & I am a lake/stream gal...but we both have fun none the less.

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
www.katmom44.blinkz.com

Edited by - katmom on May 20 2008 11:04:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

La Patite Ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

623 Posts

Jenn
CA
USA
623 Posts

Posted - May 21 2008 :  09:01:12 AM  Show Profile
Grace, you and MJ are sooo sweet. I'm seriously considering registering for Sisters so i can be notified of the trips. Can't go on a lot of them because of DD, but a few. Not a fly gal, but do like to fish and ride and shop and be outdoors. Not too many of my lady friends like that, even sis. They are more resort hotel types. So it would be nice to team up with gals who like to be outside.

I read on another vintage trailer site to stay away from ebay also. The site mentioned leins and title issues affecting the insurability. Just curious as to your reasons why.

Well gotta stop daydreaming and get back to work.

But, I know I'll be looking every time I'm on the road.

Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - May 21 2008 :  12:27:39 PM  Show Profile
Hey Jenn, you can surely go to the Giddy Up "Califorian Drean'in" in April 2008! We have sisters from all over the counrty come to it and this time it will be your in back yard! Hope you join!

Hugs, Maryjane Lee
Farmgirl Sister #44

Edited by - Maryjane Lee on May 21 2008 12:28:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - May 21 2008 :  2:10:14 PM  Show Profile
I love your little trailer! That is so cute. The way you have it decorated is perfect. MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - May 22 2008 :  7:54:32 PM  Show Profile
Jenn, I find that the trailers are more expensive on ebay & unless it is in your community where you can see it, it's sort of a crap-shoot...
So go ahead & join up, a lot of the gals do local get togethers as well as the bigger trips posted on the SOTF board. One of the local Washington gals has a "Circle-Up" at her place in NW Washington & she does it every year & put's out an email to the Wash. gals to invite them. So there is no cost 'cept, your gas & food.
And like sweet maryjane said, , in 2009 SOTF will have their major event right there in your neck of the woods, Ventura, up at the fairgrounds...so you can imagine all the fun, food & shopping that will take place.
Most likely I will fly down & stay at my mom's house in Newbury Park and use my sisters 5th wheel to camp in for that trip. It will also give me a chance to catch up w/the SOCAL Gals & my old firends....
So what are you waiting for, go join up and then have fun scouting for that perfect trailer. Put the word out to all your friends that you are looking for a late model small trailer, you might just be surprised to find out that someone might know of one for sale. Also check Craigs list and the classified, ya just never know where that special little trailer might be...the hard part is comming up with the perfect name for it! lol! I call mine "lil Twinkie" cuz it reminds me of the white creamy filling in a Twinkie bar...
So what are you waiting for missy, 'get er dun!' you'll be glad you did.
Oh, and not all the gals have vintage trailers. Some have van conversions, some have 70's & 80's trailers and some even have brand new trailers. It's all about the fun.
Also- get something you are comfortable towing. My motorhome is 21' and drives like a dream & yes I use it for SOTF events, and my trailer is 13' feet, but the actual trailer is 10' front to back window- so you learn to pack light & minimal... I tow it w/my Jeep Grand Cherokee.
So have I convinced you yet?
hugz,
>^..^<

mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
www.katmom44.blinkz.com
Go to Top of Page

La Patite Ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

623 Posts

Jenn
CA
USA
623 Posts

Posted - May 23 2008 :  4:06:21 PM  Show Profile
Alright Alright Grace

I signed up yesterday, but haven't heard back yet. Also spoke with the guy who does maintenance on my stock trailer. He said no to ebay too. Said 2 customers of his spent a lot and got garbage. Better to buy locally where you can go check it out. Gave me some other tips too. Talked with a friend about Sisters (thought she may be interested) and now I think everyone in town knows I'm looking, but that's Moorpark - ya know

I'm selling my 16' stock trailer before I get too serious about the camp trailer (anyone interested?)to make room and talking with a few people who fix up the vintage trailers, just to see what I would be getting myself into if I went that route.

No problem towing a trailer w/ the SUV and don't mind driving a motorhome, mom and dad had a 40'er and we pulled the 16'er. My challenge is backing up a long trailer. My 12'er is a dream, but I always had trouble with the 16'. So, I decided no trailer bigger than 16' - I'll just practice

Anyway I'm on the hunt now - that's half the fun. DD thought I was crazy until she saw Maryjane's 1957 cutie and the Sisters website. Now - she thinks she's driving this process. I told her NO WAY - IT'S ALL ABOUT ME - and if your good maybe I'll invite you along. 15-year olds - sheesh.

I'll keep ya posted.
Go to Top of Page

Linder
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Linda
Lake Forest IL
USA
592 Posts

Posted - May 23 2008 :  5:05:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Linder a Yahoo! Message
Wow MaryJane, what a great blog you have. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your trailer! Are they hard to find? My sisters and I would die for one of those. How many can it sleep?

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom"
Go to Top of Page

Linder
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Linda
Lake Forest IL
USA
592 Posts

Posted - May 23 2008 :  5:10:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Linder a Yahoo! Message
BTW, your family picture is outstanding! What a beuatiful bunch of people!

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom"
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 23 2008 :  5:42:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I would love to someday have a little trailer too! I like someone said- it seems a bit like playing house!

Did your trailer come painted that color or did you fix her up?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Linder
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Linda
Lake Forest IL
USA
592 Posts

Posted - May 23 2008 :  6:21:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Linder a Yahoo! Message
OK, I gotta admit to catching a bee in my bonnet so I checked the local Craigslist.org postings and this is what I found. With a little love...

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/rvs/691722922.html
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/rvs/690060832.html

I tell you what, after looking at what's out there I am even more appreciative of the gorgeous trailer that you have MaryJane. Did you redo the inside or was it that pristine when you got it?

Go to Top of Page

lavender gal
True Blue Farmgirl

64 Posts

grace
wantagh ny
USA
64 Posts

Posted - May 24 2008 :  07:05:50 AM  Show Profile
Oh I sooooooooooo want one! Too Cute!

[purple][i]Herbs are my Heartsease [i][purple]
Etsy Shophttp://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=98790
Vintage Lace & Lavenderhttp://vintagelaceandlavender.blogspot.com/
[u]Grace All Over http://allovergrace.blogspot.com/[u/]
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - May 26 2008 :  6:09:04 PM  Show Profile
Yeah Jenn! I am thrilled you joined!!! YooooooHoooooooo! You will LOVE Sisters on the Fly! WE are going back to the Kern River in September to play and flfish! Hint......!

Hey Linda! Love the little trailers you are looking at! These little cuties are sooooooo much fun!

My trailer sleeps 5!!!!!!!!!!! Heehee! That is what the borchure says!!!! It could fit a double bed in there, it has a bunk over the bed and the dinette area turns into a bed! To funny huh? But it fits me just fine but but when hubby comes, it is tight! I shoo him out in the early morning!!

Thanks for visiting my blog to!

Hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! We just got back from the Colorado River...home for a little bit then off to katmom-Grace's in WA! WooooooHoooo one more time! xo

Hugs, Maryjane Lee
Farmgirl Sister #44

Go to Top of Page

Renee M. in Michigan
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Renee
Allendale MI
USA
54 Posts

Posted - May 26 2008 :  8:54:06 PM  Show Profile
I can't wait to show my husband your pics -- he's gonna wee. We LOVE vintage campers that haven't been "modernized" too much. Yours is for sure a keeper. Could it be any more charming? No, I don't think so. You've done a terrific job perserving the character and "feel" of this era camper while making it cozy, inviting, and well, I need to stop typing now because the drool is getting my keyboard all wet. . .

Thanks for sharing,
Renee M. up in the mitten

No woman ever made history by following the rules.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - May 26 2008 :  9:39:13 PM  Show Profile
Maryjane,
Yours sleeps 5 ??? wowzer!
Boy are you in for a surprize when you camp w/me....mine says it can sleep 4(they better be some really small people! lol) I sleep comfy, 2 will be intersting---did I mention you are the guinea pig??? haha! we'll have to do "scissors-rock-paper" to see who gets the bankette/bed & who gets to little sofa/bed...as for the so called Bunk, there is no way I would trust it except for maybe a 10 lb child. so I tossed the Bunk attachments. 20 more days.

mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
www.katmom44.blinkz.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - May 26 2008 :  9:48:51 PM  Show Profile
YEAH JENNN! You go girl!
Let MJ & me know when you get your SOTF#...
How kooool!
Don't be afraid about buying a trailer...mine was a major fixer-upper and a lot of SOTF gals buy fixers. The most important thing is to make sure it is road worthy. There is a Sister up in VTA and one in Thousand Oaks. Once you have access to the forum/members list you can find them and contact them to pick their brain on their trailers.
Oh, and Dale lives in Pt Hueneme....she bought her trailer from another SOTF sister.
Oh, by the by...do they still turn off the lights & roll up the streets @ 8pm in Moorpark??? LOL!
I was so bummed when the Kmart went out,,,it wasn't much, but it sure beat having to go over the hill to Cam....T.O. or Simi....and we were elated when the Target-Kohls & Michaels plaza came in.... Anything new out in MRPK?
hugz

mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
www.katmom44.blinkz.com
Go to Top of Page

La Patite Ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

623 Posts

Jenn
CA
USA
623 Posts

Posted - May 26 2008 :  10:08:10 PM  Show Profile
Grace,

We have a few new restaurants that stay open until 9pm. WhooHoo
After that it's only fastfood. I'm trying to remember when you moved -I think the Do-It Center was here, but they close at 6:00, Home Depot put their project on hold 'cause of the economy, OH! we're getting an English store kinda like Trader Joe's I think and a Wal-Greens. Drug stores are like pizza joints here - one on every corner. Don't think we need that many, but you know the City Council. Gotta get their tax money and totally disregard the fact that the town can't support this many retail stores. Have several still empty - I can't stand that.

I'll let you know what I hear from Sisters. I'm figuring they're away for the holiday.
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - May 27 2008 :  1:45:30 PM  Show Profile
Renee you are so funny! I love that this trailer still has it's vintage charm and has not been changed. My husband wanted it road worthy for me to travel so the underside is completley new...axle, leavesprings, tires, bearings, brakes, electric brake lighting, new tongue...all trailer talk girls! This little gal has learned alot since buying her first trailer! xo

Hugs, Maryjane Lee
Farmgirl Sister #44

Edited by - Maryjane Lee on May 27 2008 1:46:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - May 27 2008 :  4:36:11 PM  Show Profile
Oh how fun this has been to read. And you gals hooked one, proably more than one.
yes, I still have our lovely canned ham. We haven't worked on it yet but have collected a few things here and there for restoring it. It will be loads of fun, have to finish some projects in the house. Priorities priorities.......lol
Happy traveling,
cs

listening to the quiet moments
Farmgirl #39
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

annefannie
True Blue Farmgirl

60 Posts

Ann
Corona California
USA
60 Posts

Posted - May 27 2008 :  7:40:42 PM  Show Profile
Maryjane, your little vintage trailer is just adorable! Had so much fun with you this past weekend!
Love, Ann

Anne Fannie
Farm Girl # 189
http://annefannie.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5669677
Go to Top of Page

Cindy MooLou
Farmgirl in Training

10 Posts

Cindy
Idaho
USA
10 Posts

Posted - May 27 2008 :  7:46:08 PM  Show Profile
Hi MaryJane,
Your "Willow Button" has personality. I have been earnestly seeking a small 50's model like that for the past two years.
Fish on!
Cindy
Go to Top of Page

Jeanna
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Jeanna
Franklin NC
USA
267 Posts

Posted - May 28 2008 :  04:55:59 AM  Show Profile
Oh MaryJane,
I want one! What a cute trailer. You are so lucky.

Jeanna
Farmgirl Sister #41

If both of our troubles were hung on a line--You would take yours and I would take mine.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Across the Fence: Previous Topic My 1957 Trailer...NEW SOTF TRAILER PICS! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page