Forrester Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

703 Posts

Ann
Belmont MI
USA
703 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  08:58:42 AM  Show Profile
I wouldn't normally post a forwarded e-mail, but this one was pass worthy!!!

This is SO good. Please read this to the end and watch the video....

A son asked his father, 'Dad, will you take part in a marathon with me?' The father who, despite having a heart condition, says'Yes'. They went on to complete the marathon together. Father and son went on to join other marathons, the father always saying 'Yes' to his son's request of going through the race together. One day, the son asked his father, 'Dad, let's join the Ironman together.'

To which, his father said 'Yes' to. For those who didn't know, Ironman is the toughest triathlon ever. The race encompasses three endurance events of a 2.4 mile (3.86 kilometer) ocean swim,
followed by a 112 mile (180.2 kilometer) bike ride, and ending with a 26.2 mile (42.195 kilometer) marathon along the coast of the Big Island.

Father and son went on to complete the race together. View this with music

PLEASE WATCH THE VIDEO IT PUTS A WHOLE NEW VIEW ON THIS STORY!! It isn't very long!!

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=8cf08faca5dd9ea45513

This inspiring video and song can make us cry, but do we really get the message. Our Father is the One who runs the race and we are along for the ride. Our Father has provided our salvation through Jesus Christ's death on the cross. We need to only accept what He has done and ride along with Him. Like this son, we will celebrate in what He has done for us when we cross the finish line together. Praise God!!!

Ann
Forrester Farm
http://picasaweb.google.com/FORRESTERFARM/FORRESTERFARMWEDDINGS

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  09:00:46 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Ann- I watch the Ironman every year and this is my favorite father/son. They make me so proud and happy when I see them. It is so sweet and touching. Thanks for reminding me.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  09:13:02 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
What a sweet story! Very inspirational. I had those happy tears in my eyes watching the sheer joy and determination on both of their faces. What an amazing team1!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

emsmommy5
True Blue Farmgirl

1547 Posts

Angie
Buckley WA
USA
1547 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  09:58:49 AM  Show Profile
Sat and cried through the whole thing. Thank you for sharing that, it certainly puts life into perspective this morning.

Farmgirl #208

What are you doing with your dash?
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Inspiration! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page