Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 my latest knitting project
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic my latest knitting project Next Topic
Page: of 2

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2005 :  09:50:46 AM  Show Profile
I hand wash mine in warm water with homemade laundry soap (I think any gentle liquid laundry soap would work) and lay them out on a towel to dry. I have seen the felted socks before. I learned the hard way to make my two grown sons socks only out of washable wool blends or acrylic...that way no baby booties by accident.
I have always wanted some of those sock blockers..they look cool and would sure be handy. I am just too chicken to wash them in the machine after all that work.

Jenny in Utah
Put all your eggs in one basket..and then watch that basket!! Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

BGKnits
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

Bonnie
Cedar Rapids IA
USA
9 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2006 :  12:00:42 PM  Show Profile
Geez, I would love to have a pattern for a felted scuff/mule slipper. I've been searching all over for one. Would you be so kind as to e-mail me the pattern?

I work at an arts and crafts store and I teach knitting and crocheting there. We just recently started stocking wool yarn, so am anxious to have a felting class for some of my students. Any help would be VERY welcome.

quote:
Originally posted by Aunt Jenny

Have any of you knitted with a red heart yarn called babyteri?? It is so neat! I got some awhile back and when I needed to knit a baby sweater for a niece who is expecting soon and knows it is a girl I got out the free pattern that was being given away at the store I bought it at and a skein of pink and one of white (I have another white and a blue for another baby) and I have a sweater about 2/3 done. It is so much like chenille when knitted! I LOVE it! For a fun texture and a good price it is fun to work with!! I think I may actually finish it before the baby is born..a plus!!

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things

Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2006 :  12:44:46 PM  Show Profile
There's a Fiber Trends pattern for knitted and felted clogs. I think you can find it if you do a search. I'll try.

Marcia

"I suppose the pleasure of country life lies really in the eternally renewed evidence of the determination to live." Vita Sackville-West

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2006 :  3:45:58 PM  Show Profile
I am looking for my pattern for ya too Bonnie...

Jenny in Utah
It's astonishing how short a time it takes for very wonderful things to happen...Frances Burnette
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Daisy
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Daisy
Thistle Sprig Farm NW Indiana
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2006 :  4:11:05 PM  Show Profile
yesterday I knitted my first glove! It was so much fun!! I am always amazed at the brilliance of these patterns!
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2006 :  4:16:16 PM  Show Profile
Can't wait till I am good enough to knit all these fancy things. I'm still at the very beginner stage. You girls keep me motivated.

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2006 :  12:38:21 PM  Show Profile
Daisy,
Gloves! I am impressed. I've never tried gloves. I do love to knit socks though. They are really my favorite. Right now I'm working on an Aran sweater with an online group. It's a Follow the Leader Knit-Along learning to design and fit a top-down Aran knit to fit yourself. Definitely a learning experience.

"I suppose the pleasure of country life lies really in the eternally renewed evidence of the determination to live." Vita Sackville-West

Go to Top of Page

Daisy
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Daisy
Thistle Sprig Farm NW Indiana
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2006 :  1:25:05 PM  Show Profile
Wow! Now see I'm impressed with people who can knit sweaters! All I've knitted are hats, scarves, socks, felted bags, and now gloves. I just can't seem to make the sweater leap! Maybe one day!
Go to Top of Page

BGKnits
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

Bonnie
Cedar Rapids IA
USA
9 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2006 :  4:01:25 PM  Show Profile
Thanks all for looking for me, I just can't wait to get started. I talked to some of my students yesterday and today and they are so excited about trying some felting projects. I've got quite a library of knitted and crocheted patterns, so if anyone is looking for something in particular, I might be able to find it for them.
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2006 :  11:54:00 AM  Show Profile
Just went to my first knitting class at the local quilt store. A sock class! What fun!! It's taught by a guy named Steve who really knows his stuff and we're making socks with self-striping yarn. I love that stuff. I'm gonna make a baby hat out of it. I think it'll look cool.

Farmgirl hug,
Patricia

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

BGKnits
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

Bonnie
Cedar Rapids IA
USA
9 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2006 :  03:49:56 AM  Show Profile
That striping sock yarn is really nice, isn't it? I've even used it for sweaters and scarves. Daisy, making a sweater isn't that difficult. Try a raglan sleeve sweater first. They're fun to make and really pretty. If you're interested in a pattern for a child's sweater, I have a really old pattern that works up beautifully. You can use either sport weight or worsted weight yarn. It gives you the measurements and number of ounces for both! Have a good day everyone!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic my latest knitting project Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page