Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Cleaning Up
 My living room looks like I take in Laundry
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic My living room looks like I take in Laundry Next Topic
Page: of 2

Suzan
True Blue Farmgirl

659 Posts

suzanne
duncannon pa
USA
659 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2008 :  08:59:11 AM  Show Profile
Since my husband retired at age 55 (5 yrs ago) and I am still working I leave the baskets of folded laundry set and he puts away! I love it! He has never been too domestic...
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2008 :  09:10:07 AM  Show Profile
Jamie, I wonder how many loads you can get done while the Olympics are still on???? You could be in gold medal contention in the laundry competition!!!
Sharon

Farmgirl Sister #74

Life is messy. Wear your apron!
Go to Top of Page

simplyflowers
True Blue Farmgirl

489 Posts

Jamie
Locust Grove Virginia
USA
489 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2008 :  6:49:24 PM  Show Profile
We're getting to bed late tonight! We went out for 'adult time' and have just returned....he went to go to bed, however I hear he is putting the laundry away while I'm here infoing the farmgals!!! I like this!!!

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Clemys Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Linda
MA
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2008 :  9:30:54 PM  Show Profile
Laundry Monday seems to overflow to other days of the week for sure.

Until last Fall, we had to take all laundry to the basement two floors down. Two flights of stairs and one more landing to the basement, six times, for one load oflaundry to be complete.

After persuading DH were not getting any longer, we had a stacking washer / dryer installed on the second floor (where we live while the first floor is under revovation).

I was a giddy as a new mama with the washer/dryer set. Taking such good care of it and making a little area for laundry supplies. SHelves were added for storage and finally room for the wooden ironing board, assorted woven baskets and collection of vintage irons. The two favorites are the old pop bottle with the sprinker top and large jar of assorted clothespins.

Amused friends gave me a "shower" of lavendar scents to use while ironing, soap alternatives for washing clothes and some incredible homemade soup shavings for delicates. The old fold out wooden rack is getting quite a workout.

Just a smidge of space next to the kitchen, but to me, it's pure heaven.

There are clotheslines strung on the upper porch for those days that catch the sun. Heavely scented clothing is the reward --- and a great night's sleep.

Aunt Clemys Farm Girl
Farm Girl #300

Kansas to Massachusetts
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Cleaning Up: Previous Topic My living room looks like I take in Laundry Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page