Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 We just moved to Ukiah CA from San Diego
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic We just moved to Ukiah CA from San Diego Next Topic  

dkgold
Farmgirl in Training

23 Posts

diane
Ukiah ca
USA
23 Posts

Posted - May 15 2008 :  3:31:31 PM  Show Profile
Hi Farmgirls,
Are there any farmgirls living in the Ukiah, Willits, Redwood Valley area? I'm still getting to know the town and area. We are loving it so far, even more than we expected.

Husband is happily employed and I'm lucky enough to be able to be home for now. One day I hope to have the 'small farm dream' come true, and this is a better area to find one I think than San Diego, where we moved from.

Anyway, hi out there.

Diane

"I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck." ...Emma Goldman

Edited by - dkgold on May 15 2008 5:25:24 PM

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - May 15 2008 :  3:35:53 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Diane and welcome!! Where in San Diego were you? I lived in Chula Vista and Oceanside, Near Camp Pendleton. Welcome to MJ's.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

dkgold
Farmgirl in Training

23 Posts

diane
Ukiah ca
USA
23 Posts

Posted - May 15 2008 :  3:53:14 PM  Show Profile
Hi Heather! We lived in University Heights in the old part of town. Did all my gardening in pots for the last 11 years! So I'm looking forward to some land of my own. Thanks for the welcome.

Diane

Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - May 15 2008 :  8:52:16 PM  Show Profile
Hey, Diane, I moved to Spokane from San Diego, Normal Heights/North Park (so your neighbor) 3-1/2 years ago...don't have "property" but have my own little corner of heaven in my city lot with enough space to garden for myself...I just loved my Normal Heights neighborhood, but just couldn't afford to live there, I was renting and I figured I need a place to call my own, well, my own and the bank's...welcome the The Farm - you'll love it here!

We come from the earth, we go back to the earth, and in between, we garden!
Go to Top of Page

La Patite Ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

623 Posts

Jenn
CA
USA
623 Posts

Posted - May 15 2008 :  10:28:33 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Diane,

My sis and I were just up in your neck of the woods (sortof). Spent the weekend in Mendocino after a week long conference in San Fran. You chose a beautiful area. I live in Ventura County so I don't get up there much.
Go to Top of Page

dkgold
Farmgirl in Training

23 Posts

diane
Ukiah ca
USA
23 Posts

Posted - May 16 2008 :  11:58:42 AM  Show Profile
Thank you for the warm welcomes Judith & Jenn. I loved San Diego, but already feel like I've found my true place here in Mendocino County. It is truly heaven-- yikes, even though it is over 100 degrees here this week. I knew the summers were going to be hot, but didn't expect them to start in May!! I'm enjoying THE FARM alot already, finding tips on composting and lots of other things I'm planning on doing. It's great to be home.

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - May 16 2008 :  4:36:54 PM  Show Profile
WElcome Diane..you sure moved to a pretty area!! My oldest son lived in Ft. Bragg about 7 years ago and we got to visit..what a pretty area...I love northern CAlif. Sounds like you made a great move! (I am originally from CA....but further south near Pismo Beach)
Wow...you are sure getting the hot weather..it is to be no hotter than 77 here this weekend...I wonder though...

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic We just moved to Ukiah CA from San Diego Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page