Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - May 14 2008 :  09:22:46 AM  Show Profile
Good day at the thrift, but guess thats not real big news. But you know some days are better then others. This was a better then average day. Still looking for more things for outside but not finding anything yet, but I will, just hope its before it snows.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - May 14 2008 :  09:26:35 AM  Show Profile
Beautiful things as always. Thanks for sharing!
Take care,
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

It's never too late to be what you might have been.

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - May 14 2008 :  09:35:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I love that picture, too, Nancy Jo. And will you come and decorate the front porch at the farm when the house is finished?

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

okiequilter
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Cathy

USA
249 Posts

Posted - May 14 2008 :  09:46:00 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for sharing, Nancy Jo. It always inspires me to see your warm, inviting little corner of the world!

Cathy (okiequilter)

www.AuntDaisysCottage.blogspot.com

A friend loves at all times.
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - May 14 2008 :  10:05:48 AM  Show Profile
nice finds nancy jo .. i LOVE the print! xo

True Friends * Frannie

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - May 14 2008 :  10:07:50 AM  Show Profile
Oh Wow.. Great deals!.

I really like that jar too & the Silver Server is Really pretty! That War & Peace is a fantastic Find!!

Reminds me too Nancy Jo!
I haven't been Thrifting at all lately BUT my Son jeff & i did make it to the Library Monday Afternoon.. They always have some books for sale you know.. & i found Three old John Steinbeck Books! not 1st additions.. But nice & old..! And the pages are Hand Cut.. 'Grapes of Wrath' , 'Winter of our Discontent' & the last one has several stories in it..One being 'Cannery Row' Which I LOVE!!

So.. I reckon we have to find our way of scoping out these deals as best we can don't we.. !

Kathie.. Farm Girl Sister #29

"In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself"..

Edited by - Kathie on May 14 2008 10:10:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - May 14 2008 :  10:22:12 AM  Show Profile
Janice,
Just let me know when you are ready and I will be there. Jack and Dave will come to if thats ok. We can stay in the trailor you are fixing up with the MJ bedding.

NANCY JO

Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - May 14 2008 :  11:28:05 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
You'll be the first guest(all three of you)! :D

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - May 14 2008 :  2:19:47 PM  Show Profile
Once again Nancy Jo, you have brightened up my day. I have tried, unsuccessfully, several times to post some pictures of my stuff but no luck so far. I must be really numb when it comes to computers. Last time I tried posting it took four tries and then, miraculously, the picture appeared. I'll have to rest up and try again....I especially love the pillowcases. It certainly is true, the fabric used in most cases today seems pretty wimpy!
I just returned from an exciting heel ride with my daughter. First we went to the beach. it was perfect, dead low tide, sun shining down and just a hint of a breeze. I got about six bags of rocks. I always have some cloth bags I made in the car, just in case. Years ago I used to travel around with a shovel, a couple of buckets and jugs of water for collecting plants on the side of the road. Rainy days were always the best, it makes the soil so much easier to dig...and after that we went to the nursery, just to look, ha ha ha, came home with violas, a pincushion plant , a beautiful shrub and several herb plants. I can't dig holes any more, my knees protest too much. Fortunately Susannah is always willing to pitch in and do the hard stuff...
Whoops, rambling off topic again. I just get so inspired by all your pictures, I have got to get the screens up on my porch so i can enjoy it.....Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - May 14 2008 :  4:28:34 PM  Show Profile
Karin,
What kinds of plants are you finding along the roads to take home, and I need to know what you are doing with the rocks.You even have bags for them, this must be serious!
Get some one oh around 12 to help you figure out the picture thing. My Grand daughter set me up. I'm still amazed that pictures get on my site. She showed me how to do it here to, but I have only tried it a couple of times.
NANCY JO

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9403 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9403 Posts

Posted - May 15 2008 :  03:27:01 AM  Show Profile
You sure got some great finds at the thrift. Might have to take a trip there myself today. It has been a while since I've gone. What better way to spend a day off?

Denise

farmgirl sister #43

Kind hearts are gardens
Kind thoughts are roots
Kind words are blossoms
Kind deeds are Fruits

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - May 15 2008 :  04:44:49 AM  Show Profile
Nancy Jo - I love the embroidery towels you found for yourself to embroider. You are right about the older fabric being so much nicer. Those are really beautiful and you will have fun with them!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

palmettogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

571 Posts

sue
camden south carolina
USA
571 Posts

Posted - May 15 2008 :  06:07:38 AM  Show Profile
everything looks so pretty. we are trying to make our back porch acquire the same ambience that your's does! (dick and i aren't quite as creative so it takes us longer!!) i really liked that picture that you embroidered of the sewing basket with the buttons....that is such a cute idea! have a great day!!
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic LOTS OF GOOD THRIFT STUFF Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page