Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - May 10 2008 :  3:47:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Do you keep a special letter box? I don't have one yet, and if I can't find one to buy I am going to build one this summer. My ideal letter box would have a compartment for pens, a compartment for letters, a compartment for envelopes and stationary, and ideally I would love to find a seal and sealing wax to put in there as well! I love the idea of seals and sealing wax and would be tickled pink to receive letters with such on them!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com

vintagegrl
True Blue Farmgirl

280 Posts

Jeanette
NH
USA
280 Posts

Posted - May 11 2008 :  04:32:57 AM  Show Profile
I do have a letter box that I bought years ago. Through several moves I've lugged it along, because I love the idea of writing and receiving letters. I use to have sealing wax and seals, but those didn't survive the moves :(
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - May 11 2008 :  05:20:48 AM  Show Profile
I have a box with just greeting type cards in it should I need one. Then I have a full top drawer in a little oak chest that I keep writting paper, pretty note cards, and all little type do -dads that you might add to the mailing in there.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - May 11 2008 :  10:43:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I am glad I am not the only one that has a stationary stash! I love the idea of having a delicate box to bring out to write letters, cards, and thank yous with. It seems to add a little extra oomph to the act of writing a letter :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9324 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9324 Posts

Posted - May 12 2008 :  04:31:32 AM  Show Profile
Alee,
I have a little lap desk that I keep some of my things in for writing. I know thw Victorian trading co. sells seals and sealing wax.
I would love to get some but have not as yet. Also, Michaels carries it too.
I have a separate little decorative tin tub that I keep the letters I have received in.

Denise

farmgirl sister #43

Kind hearts are gardens
Kind thoughts are roots
Kind words are blossoms
Kind deeds are Fruits

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

La Patite Ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

623 Posts

Jenn
CA
USA
623 Posts

Posted - May 15 2008 :  2:25:42 PM  Show Profile
I keep my letter box on the desk where I pay my bills. My x-FIL, who is a wonderful wood worker, made it for me years ago. I love it because it has so many compartments I rarely have loose papers floating around.
Go to Top of Page

farmgirlkate
True Blue Farmgirl

167 Posts

kate
bryan TX
USA
167 Posts

Posted - May 26 2008 :  5:23:27 PM  Show Profile
I have a vintage-type picnic basket I keep all my pretty papers, pens and inks in. I sort of made it up myself after seeing something similar at the Victorian Trading Co. website. Do we have a penpal forum? Is there a place where we can actually sign up to write real honest to goodness snail mail letters to each other? I think letter writing is an art form and a rapidly declining one!

katie

"It's never too late to be what you might of become"
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - May 27 2008 :  07:02:15 AM  Show Profile
I have a a box that I keep notecards, ribbons, stickers, special pens, etc. in. It is somewhat like a little suitcase.:) Perfect for storing just what I need.:)

Kate, there is a penpal thread going on in Across the fence. I'll check and see if I can find the link for you.:)All you do is sign up and they will pair you up with someone else interested in some good old fashioned letterwriting!
hugsjess

When life sends storms, remember to dance in the rain!

Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - May 27 2008 :  07:33:09 AM  Show Profile
Hi Kate,
Heres the link for the penpal forum. http://www.maryjanesfarm.com/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19997

Have fun
Jess

When life sends storms, remember to dance in the rain!

Go to Top of Page

SusieQue
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Susie
Greenville Ga
Georgia
603 Posts

Posted - May 29 2008 :  12:45:12 PM  Show Profile
In my scrapbook nook I have all my stuff there. I have a desk, computer, several organizers and a another small desk. This is my place to keep all my letter stuff, scrapbook material etc. Susie's Little Corner!
Go to Top of Page

Moonsanity
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Brenda
Michigan
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2008 :  07:02:32 AM  Show Profile
SusieQue I need to do that! My daughter and I haven't been scrapbooking too long-- a year or so-- but I would love to combine all of that together. We also want to start making homemade cards too. I need to think of a way to make us a "corner".

I have a small drawer in my dresser that I keep greeting cards, wrapping paper etc., but it's overflowing. LOL

~Brenda
Farmgirl Sister #207
Journey of Grace and Whimsy
http://grace-whimsy.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

SusieQue
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Susie
Greenville Ga
Georgia
603 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2008 :  3:14:06 PM  Show Profile
Its really nice Brenda - you can leave everything when you get tired and go back to your little corner whne you are ready. We have an open loft that is decorated into an old fashioned bedroom with family antiques and my childhood stuff....I went to the other corner of the loft and made my little work area. Its out of the way of everyone else. I do want to do homemade cards also. Let me know when you create yours and how you like it.
Go to Top of Page

farmgirlkate
True Blue Farmgirl

167 Posts

kate
bryan TX
USA
167 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2008 :  8:56:17 PM  Show Profile
I'm late in getting back but thanks everyone for finding the link for me!
kate

"You only have what you give...""
Go to Top of Page
  Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Letter Box Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page