Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Hey Kentucky Girls...Watch your Speed--FYI
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Hey Kentucky Girls...Watch your Speed--FYI Next Topic  

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - May 08 2008 :  11:01:03 AM  Show Profile
and anyone travelling through our fair state between 5/19 and 6/1.

My boss is the F.O.P Attorney and attorney for KY State Police and they just sent us a "courtesy" email stating the following:

KSP Just received $220K from Transportation to run a "speed blitz" 5/19 to 6/1/08. Every trooper is eligible to get some of this money. The amount they get is based on the number of citations they write. THEY WILL BE WRITING TICKETS! I doubt any warnings will be written during this period so please watch your speed, wear your seatbelt, and please don't drink & drive!

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 08 2008 :  11:10:35 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Wow! That's a great idea to slow the highways down! I am guilty of having a lead foot at times so even though I am not in Kentucky, I will remember that things like this do happen in every state and watch my speed! :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - May 08 2008 :  11:13:01 AM  Show Profile
I know, Alee...I'm somewhat of a lead foot myself, though oddly enough, after getting hit by the SUV, I take it pretty easy now.

I know folks think Attorneys are sometimes "iffy" but I tell ya, perks like this little fyi and being able to "fix" a speeding ticket here and there are very nice perks....not that I've ever taken advantage of that :)

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - May 08 2008 :  11:18:55 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for the warning, Jonni. I'll sure pass this along to the old dh(as the 'front seat driver'), since he's the one with the lead foot! :)

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - May 08 2008 :  11:43:59 AM  Show Profile
LOL Janice, he has the lead foot as the front seat driver. Girl you are too funny.
Hey Jonni, good warning for those that drive through your state.
Some day, some day........dreamin

listening to the quiet moments
Farmgirl #39
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - May 08 2008 :  11:52:56 AM  Show Profile
Carol come on!!!! BUT NOT TOO FAST :)

I thought it would be helpful, for sure. When they are out, they're out thick and cash is involved so...

Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - May 08 2008 :  11:58:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
And going through West Point, as I do when I go to the farm is tricky. They have one officer who hates everyone who doesn't live there! And it's so small, believe me, he know who you are! HA!

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

handyam
True Blue Farmgirl

394 Posts

Ada Mae
Greensburg KY.
USA
394 Posts

Posted - May 09 2008 :  7:04:22 PM  Show Profile
Jonni--THANKS for the information. I hate to drive the speed limit!! Guess I had better (I've never had a ticket in my 43 years of driving--although I certainly deserve one (several)!!

www.adasadorableaprons.blogspot.com

This is the day that the Lord has made.
Go to Top of Page

kydeere40744
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

Jessica
Kentucky
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - May 09 2008 :  7:17:24 PM  Show Profile
Icky...just the weekend that I'm going to be traveling. Would you know that the two times I got a speeding ticket, I was not speeding? First time, a car had passed me flying...the cop thought it was my car that sped by the time he caught up with me many miles up the road. I fought the ticket and would you know that the judge didn't even show up for court that day? Yeah - no joke. Since I showed up to fight it, and I was out of town, and he wasn't there, they took it off my record. The second time, I was behind a car stopping and going down the country road looking for horses I guess, I dunno. Anyways, the car finally pulled over and I passed it going 5 miles the speed limit, but the cop claimed I was going 10 miles over. Umm ok? I got out of that one too....oh yeah, did I say that I failed my drivers test the first time for going 3 miles below the speed limit when I was 16? Yelp!

~Jessica in Kentucky & Farmgirl Sisterhood #137~
Be sure to visit my blog & Crafty Clipart for some of my photographs:
http://bluegrassprincess.blogspot.com/
http://www.craftyclipart.com
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - May 09 2008 :  7:17:38 PM  Show Profile
You're very welcome, Ada Mae. I've had a couple of tickets, but like I might have mentioned, it's always nice to know an attorney who used to be a policeman ;)....

Be careful, Ada Mae Leadfoot!!!!

Go to Top of Page

handyam
True Blue Farmgirl

394 Posts

Ada Mae
Greensburg KY.
USA
394 Posts

Posted - May 10 2008 :  6:17:14 PM  Show Profile
I have already begun practicing!!! We went to Edmonton this afternoon on the Louie B. Nunn Parkway. Speed limit is 70. I didn't get above 72 (I think). A state trooper had a truck pulled over, blue lights flashing. I thought "that could have been me if I hadn't read your info on this wonderful site". Thanks again.

quote:
Originally posted by KYgurlsrbest

You're very welcome, Ada Mae. I've had a couple of tickets, but like I might have mentioned, it's always nice to know an attorney who used to be a policeman ;)....

Be careful, Ada Mae Leadfoot!!!!

www.adasadorableaprons.blogspot.com

This is the day that the Lord has made.
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - May 10 2008 :  6:22:56 PM  Show Profile
The troopers get part of the money??? Holy cow!! I'm going thru KY in just a few days and I'll be SURE to mind my p's and q's!! Matter of fact tho, a LOT of states are cracking down right now! Today, in MT, I've seen more staters (troopers) than I've ever seen! WA was chock-a-block full of them too and all of them writing someone up!! But about WA, our company got an email from someone saying to watch out for the near future.

But honestly, I do drive close to the speed limit anyway...I've found that the extra speed doesn't really get me there THAT much faster due to needing to brake longer, etc to slow down or stop. I try to drive as legal as possible. Not to mention, the price of fuel and trying to make each gallon go a bit further.

Winona ;-)

When you lose, don't lose the lesson!!

http://goneriding.wordpress.com/

Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - May 10 2008 :  7:05:09 PM  Show Profile
Good for you, Ada Mae!!! It's good to have friends :)

Winona, you be careful...especially around the state police posts--they hang pretty thick for about a 30 mile radius of their posts. Which part of KY are you passing through?

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Hey Kentucky Girls...Watch your Speed--FYI Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page