Page: of 2

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2014 :  09:18:57 AM  Show Profile
Yep Bonnie I thought she was a cutie back then and now she is all grown up and is a big cutie. Thanks for updating the picture. I am still praying for a great outcome.Keep us posted. Hugs to you both.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats

Edited by - wooliespinner on Jul 17 2014 09:19:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2014 :  09:58:05 AM  Show Profile
How is Mandi doing today? Any word on the blockage and treatment?

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2014 :  10:52:58 AM  Show Profile
Had to go to work this morning, but now I am home- with my baby girl! NO SURGERY! Praise The Lord! The fluid and antibiotics got her system moving again, so now they are believing it's some sort of infection that inflamed the digestive tract. A few meds, bland diet and making sure she keeps on the upswing. Thank you all so much for your concern! One happy furr baby momma here!

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2014 :  11:18:42 AM  Show Profile
I hope all goes well with Marly. MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com

"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2014 :  11:23:10 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, MB!

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2014 :  11:44:25 AM  Show Profile
I am so glad she did not need surgery! Hopefully all will be right with Marly in a few days. Thanks for the update Bonnie.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2014 :  1:55:04 PM  Show Profile
I'm glad she feels better. You can't keep a good boxer down.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2014 :  5:29:23 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Cindy! I saw your handsome boy on your blog! <3
Thank you, Linda for your kind words also.

Edited by - Beemoosie on Jul 17 2014 5:33:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2014 :  06:41:11 AM  Show Profile
HI Bonnie,
Yes we do love our animals. I wasn't allowed to watch lassie when I was growing up because it upset me to much. Hope all goes well. Nice to see your post its been awhile.
Nancy Jo

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9388 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9388 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2014 :  10:19:21 AM  Show Profile
So glad to hear Mandi is doing better and NO surgery, YAY!!

hugs,
Denise
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2014 :  4:25:18 PM  Show Profile
Hello there, Nancy! It is so nice to be back!
Thank you ladies for the kind words. She is quieter today, which is probably normal, but it makes me fret! I think the rough week caught up with both of us. She hates the pills; 5 a day. It took me an hour after work to get her to swallow two! She's on a bland diet so I can't sneak them in a slice of cheese! Still so thankful she didn't need surgery!

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2014 :  5:42:10 PM  Show Profile
Praising God for no surgery and for things looking up! Will continue to pray for both you and your fur baby!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2014 :  6:00:39 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, Shannon! Nothing like having praying friends out there!

Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2899 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2899 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2014 :  7:32:26 PM  Show Profile
Oh Bonnie!
I SO love a boxer; she is a beauty!
When I give pills, I open the dogs mouth, shove the pill as far back as I can, shut their mouth and blow HARD on their nose. Sounds harder than it is, and the blowing makes them swallow.
Worth a try!

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.” – R.R.
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2014 :  04:05:40 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Lisa! Last night would have been comical if I wasn't so concerned. I had the pills stuck inside some of the soft food the vet gave her; by the time we were done the food was all over her, me and the kitchen! My husband didn't nick name her flubber for nothing! Lol! Practice will make perfect I hope! :) we will have to try blowing on her nose!
I like your quote btw!

Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2014 :  08:39:06 AM  Show Profile
Well I am glad she is doing better. I don't know why I said her name wrong. But I know better now. LOL!
Bingo is an AmStaff looking much like a Boxer but not so short nosed. We do love our Animals don't we. Nancy Jo named Bingo. MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com

"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2014 :  10:25:19 AM  Show Profile
Our optimism waned this weekend as she ate pretty well for a couple days but then stopped again. No bowel movements and acting sluggish again by Sunday night. So DH took her to the vet this morning and we opted for an exploratory surgery yo hopefully find out once and for all what's going on. Should be happening as I type. Sad, nervous momma here.

Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2014 :  4:28:24 PM  Show Profile
The vet called while they were in surgery; Her GI tract was full of cancer. They gave us a few options, but we felt the most humane was to let her go to sleep right there. You know, she came in my room while I was getting ready for work, hopped up on my bed and put her head in my lap. I had the fleeting thought that this was goodbye. Very sad but thankful for the short 6 years I had with this devoted, lovable silly clown of a boxer! :'/

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2014 :  4:35:53 PM  Show Profile
Oh Bonnie, my heart is so sad for you. Hugs.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2014 :  7:54:10 PM  Show Profile
(((hugs)))It's so hard losing such a devoted friend. My heart aches for you.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2014 :  3:32:49 PM  Show Profile
Thank you ladies. Been a tough week. It's nice having other fur baby mammas to share with.

Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2014 :  5:30:39 PM  Show Profile
Bonnie just read your most recent post. I am so sorry you had to let your baby go.I feel your heartache.The vet had to put my coon/shepard cross we rescued to sleep last Sept. due to cancer.He went through 2 surgeries and it still came back. I still ache for that big lug.
You did the best you could for her and she knows it. Big hug and prayers for all of you.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2014 :  2:58:03 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, Linda. Can't believe how much I miss my girl!
I really appreciate you sharing your experience with me. The house is surely not the same without her in it.
(((Hugs)))

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Introducing.... Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page