Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 05 2008 :  7:38:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I feel like it was a busy day today. Hubby and I cleaned house, started sorting things for garage sale before the big move, went on errands twice, made sugar cookies, washed the dishes, played kick ball with Sky, gave Nora her bath...phew!

What did you all do today? I love hearing about your days!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - May 05 2008 :  7:41:20 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Charlies stayed home today- he broke out in a rash yesterday, I think from some new sunblock I tried, so we took oatmeal baths, played a lot and were basically bums all day. I had a bunch of stuff to do but decided it was a Charlie and Mama day!! I have one more final tomorrow and then I am going junking!!!

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - May 05 2008 :  7:47:21 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
I had the day off from my day job -So I continued to work in the dirt, I moved a couple plants and bushes that needed to be relocated, painted a little on the outside of the house.. did 3 loads of laundry and hung them to dry....took the dog for a walk, wrote my column for the local paper and met a girlfriend for coffee...... fixed dinner and am now heading back out to water the flowers.... I love days like this..... OH, OH, Oh... I also found an old wood window frame and painted it and hung it on the back fense.. by the picnic table....

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - May 05 2008 :  7:51:05 PM  Show Profile
Work, work....and then home. I had family in last week and we did something all 4 evenings (M-Thurs) and by the weekend, I was pooped! I had to work outside because we've had so much rain and now it's time to plant other seeds....so I didn't do the cleaning or the laundry I wanted. Justin had a mini-operation on his foot, so I know tomorrow will be touch and go for him, so I'm not counting on any progress there, either.

I worked in the yard tonight a bit, planting some "Bees Friend" down by the blackberry thicket, and then fixed myself a nice dinner (last nights lemon-spinach-risotto and grilled chicken) and a glass of French white wine and me, and 3 dogs sat outside and watched the birds and relaxed. Wow. That was nice!!!!

Tomorrow will be different, so I made sure to savor it while I could, I guess.

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - May 05 2008 :  8:03:17 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Oh Jonni- can I get the recipe for the Risotto- that sounds yummy and I have a lot of spinach left over!!

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - May 05 2008 :  8:04:26 PM  Show Profile
Gladly..it was wonderful and I even cut down the recipe. I'll email it to you tomorrow at work...it's on my computer.

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - May 05 2008 :  8:08:55 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks!! YUMMY!!! I just bought some rissoto but didn't know what to do with it. And the more greens I can stuff into Charlie and me self, the better.

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - May 05 2008 :  8:12:03 PM  Show Profile
You can really dress it up anyway, Heather. One of my favorite ways is with chicken stock, asparagus tips, fresh herbs (your choice), lemon juice and zest, and parmesan. I really think you can do just about anything and it would taste wonderful. The arborio rice has such a "creamy starch" that it almost makes it's own sauce, so you can really fool around with it. I always serve a nice herbed fish or chicken on top, or you can make the risotto your main dish if you add plenty of veges.

Edited by - KYgurlsrbest on May 05 2008 8:12:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - May 05 2008 :  8:14:37 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
All this talk of food at 10:15 a night is dangerous for my thighs!! HA!!! Looks like I will be walking an extra mile tomorrow. I can hear the pasta calling to me now. OH my!!!

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

kydeere40744
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

Jessica
Kentucky
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - May 05 2008 :  8:16:05 PM  Show Profile
Today was a relaxing day for once here. We've been running around like a chicken with its head cut off. I had a fair board meeting tonight and a doctor appt earlier, and we worked out in the yard. The weather has been beautiful the last few days. Tomorrow I'm going to plant the flowers I need to plant out front. We need to get our garden planted now the first chance we get.

~Jessica in Kentucky & Farmgirl Sisterhood #137~
Be sure to visit my blog & Crafty Clipart for some of my photographs:
http://bluegrassprincess.blogspot.com/
http://www.craftyclipart.com
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - May 05 2008 :  8:16:44 PM  Show Profile
I know...I have another one of those great little goat cheeses wrapped in a fig leaft, soaked in brandy, in the fridge. There are some "everything" flatbread crackers, too....hmmmm. Nope, I'm going to hit the hay soon and don't want anything in my tummy. I think I lost a lb.

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 05 2008 :  9:34:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
mmm... Jonni! You are making my quick spaghetti today look like a poor cousin's dinner! LOL Can I hire you to come cook for us?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - May 06 2008 :  05:45:06 AM  Show Profile
I'd love it, Alee....it would be dream to come in to someone's place and cook for them!!!

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Busy bee day Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page