Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Need some advice Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - May 05 2008 :  05:16:10 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Remember last Fall I was having a problem with my A and P professor saying I didn't complete the service learning project (he said I lied and cheated) and he had said some pretty rude things to me in my emails. I decided, after going back and forth with him, just to take an F and move on. My college knows about it and were cool (the professor was from a different college). I am re-taking the course this summer.

Well, I just got an email from my husband on the ship saying this guy is sending horrible emails to the command about me. I quickly wrote him an email saying first, he needs to deal with me, Period. Secondly, if he didn't stop harassing them, as they just left of deployment, I would take legal action. This guy is a jerk and won't let it go. I told him I move on, so should he. What a jerk!! Any ideas how to get him to stop? I don't know what his problem is, but this needs to stop.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90

Peanut
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jennifer
Waverly Virginia
USA
603 Posts

Posted - May 05 2008 :  05:21:07 AM  Show Profile
This is a college professor?? Wow. He sounds a bit, um... unhinged.

Tell your husband to save those emails and please print out that one and any that you received last fall. Take them to an attorney and he/she will tell you if you have a case and/or how to proceed. This consultation shouldn't cost too much.

My blog: http://thecottonwife.wordpress.com/

"John Deere. We stand behind everything we sell. Except the manure spreader."
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - May 05 2008 :  05:21:43 AM  Show Profile
Wow, Heather, this guy is really out there. I don't understand why he would even contact your husband. That is just weird. It sounds like this guy is obsessed. First, telling him you would take legal action was exactly as you should do. I would also contact his superiors as well if it doesn't stop. I wonder if his emails to "command" are a problem for them and possibly they would do something about it?

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - May 05 2008 :  05:31:02 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Let me remind you- my proctor was a Chief from my husband's detachment but other than sending the guy the tests and the Chieft proctoring me for the tests, he should deal with everything with me.

This guy is unhinged. I talked to him on the phone and he was a jerk and a little weird. I just want him to leave everyone alone. It is over. I took the F, Texas State knows about it and what happened and they were like "no big deal" The fact he is looking up information on me and my husband just creeps me out. He has my email address, so there is no reason for him to contact anyone else.

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 05 2008 :  05:36:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Heather I agree with the other ladies. I would for sure forward all emails to the Dean in charge of his department at BOTH schools that he works for along with a letter detailing the abuse he flung at you during your semester. I have had to do this with a professor once as well. It was in a poetry class and the teacher was taking poems from the class, writing them on the board, and then ripping them to shreds. Even saying things like "Elementary kids can write stuff like this- better even" luckily it wasn't my poem that he picked on- I don't know what I would have done. Probably said some pretty regrettable things, I am sure.

Unfortunately, college professors don't have to pass a personality test :( But the Deans are usually pretty responsible and the only way for them to know about a bad professor is if they get enough reports in, or a report with lots of evidence like the emails. If the Dean of the college the teacher works in isn't helpful, then move up to the the Dean of Students. Most colleges don't want a bad professor sullying their name though. In my experience they work pretty fast to discipline someone who has gotten out of line.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

4forMe
True Blue Farmgirl

166 Posts

Dawn
Easton MD
166 Posts

Posted - May 05 2008 :  05:40:39 AM  Show Profile
This guy doesn't know where you live, does he? He sounds really creepy, and I think you need a paper trail of proof that he is harassing you. I'm not trying to frighten you but he sounds a bit unstable, and your husband is away so I think you should be extra cautious.

Sewing, knitting, gardening mom of 4.
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - May 05 2008 :  05:59:41 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I already delt with his department head and the school doesn't seem to care. I am going to go over their heads right to the President if this keeps up. I have gone to 3 different colleges and this is the only one that seems to have any problems. He lives down in Houston and being this is a new address, I am not worried. That is why I have an 85lb boxer. I think they guy is just so wrapped up in his work that he can't see anything else. I complete the class last August and I haven't heard from him since October of last year. He just can't go behind my back, for what ever reason. I don't know what his purpose is. He got paid for being a jerk, just leave me alone. I am going to contact my department head at TX state. She is great about helping out.

FYI- It's North Harris Community College in Houston, Be Wary of them!!!

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - May 05 2008 :  06:01:06 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Part of the other problem is I ain't exactly a quiet, nice gal when people start messing with my family or my mucking up my name. I want to call but I know my sailor mouth will get the better of me. Most people don't intimidate me.

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - May 05 2008 :  06:13:15 AM  Show Profile
I don't know much about the military, so I'm not sure what individuals the crazy prof is emailing and how much sway they hold over you and your husband...but is there any way to contact the "command" privately and make sure that they know about the crazyness?
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - May 05 2008 :  07:53:01 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Well other than the command coming down on my hubby (which would really tick me off), there is nothing they can do. I am the one who took the class, no hubby. I think this guy thinks he can harass me using the military but I don't fall under their jurisdiction. This guy is just nuts and I am going to take care of it but it is mostly annoying. Thanks for all the advice!!! Once I here back from hubby, I will get the CMC's email and send him a note just so he is aware I know what is going on and to apologize for this jerk.

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Back Home Again
True Blue Farmgirl

584 Posts

Audrey
Albuquerque New Mexico
USA
584 Posts

Posted - May 05 2008 :  10:11:44 AM  Show Profile  Send Back Home Again an AOL message
Heather,

I definately agree with Alee. If you have already connected with the Dean about this or the Department Head and they actually said "no problem" .... You definately need to go to the President or Board of the school. This behavior by this Professor is TOTALLY unacceptable and unprofessional to put it lightly. As a retired teacher I am shocked by this behavior. It is NOT something the Department Head should have taken so lightly. He is now harrassing you and that is something that needs to be stopped immediately!!! I would not email..... I would make an appointment directly with someone over his head and if that doesn't work definatley go to an attorney. It sounds like this lack of concern by the College would be a law suit in itself.

Audrey
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - May 05 2008 :  10:20:36 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I heard some pretty bad things about the college district (of course, after I had already taken the class) from some other students online that live in Houston and went through that college to get their Associates. So apparantly, this is normal behavior for them. I am just not a gal to let it go because I hate seeing other people get run over!!!

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Peanut
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jennifer
Waverly Virginia
USA
603 Posts

Posted - May 05 2008 :  10:52:00 AM  Show Profile
You're right to pursue this Heather. Next time he might go after someone without your guts and bravery.

My blog: http://thecottonwife.wordpress.com/

"John Deere. We stand behind everything we sell. Except the manure spreader."
Go to Top of Page

Linder
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Linda
Lake Forest IL
USA
592 Posts

Posted - May 05 2008 :  3:46:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Linder a Yahoo! Message
I'm with the girls Heather. Go straight to the people in charge with documentation in hand and demand satisfaction. Pardon my attitude but forget being nice...this guy is harrassing you AND your husband and that is completely out of line.

I think you will find that the school will have to respond or be liable for the professors actions.

Sheesh, what a jerk!

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom"
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Need some advice Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page