Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 05 2008 :  6:22:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I wouldn't say my back is "out" exactly- but it sure is sore! Not from lifting anything or twisting weird. At first it just felt kind of fatigued but by this afternoon there was a definite soreness there. I finally got it popped and it is starting to feel better. I really need to do some exercises to strengthen my lower back. Guess I need to start doing my yoga again!

Anyone else have a weak back? I find myself wiped out on days like this. It drains my energy just dealing with it. It probably hasn't helped that I haven't eaten much today. :( Somedays I just plain forget to take care of myself! LOL

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - May 05 2008 :  6:26:10 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Alee,
I have never had back troubles, but I hear they can be aweful... Sorry you were down today! R

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - May 05 2008 :  6:28:26 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Yes! I was injured in the Navy about 10 years ago and have had a bad back ever since. I truly believe in yoga for back strengthening (or pilates or whatever form you choose) and core strength and lifting weights to build up all of your muscles. Swimming is fantastic too!! I keep my rice hot pack for "those" days, especially during my girlie days of the month, it gets bad. I walk it off and it helps.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - May 05 2008 :  6:34:59 PM  Show Profile
Hey Alee, sorry you are having a back problem today. I get it sometimes and have to "pop" mine too ...hope you feel spritely and bouncy again soon *~ hugs ~*

Annika
Farmgirl sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
http://innermountainmudhens.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoonsgarden.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - May 05 2008 :  7:01:25 PM  Show Profile
A warm bath with fresh rosemary does a nice job, Alee, and then stretch yourself slowly. Justin has lower lumbar issues (compressed disks) and that's what we do when he's "down in his back". He also has these horse pill ibuprofens...but...I wager you're not there yet :)

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 05 2008 :  7:43:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh the doctors have tried to give me all sorts of muscle relaxants and junk, but I hate taking them.

When I was in high school I was in a weight lifting class and a poor spotter thought I was doing box squats wrong, grabbed my weight belt and pulled me down. It twisted my back and I have had to go to physical therapy.

To be fair though, I have been really bad about rehabilitating my muscles. If I did my back exercises like I should- I would be perfectly fine by now. Carrying Nora around on my hip doesn't help either. LOL

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - May 05 2008 :  8:06:39 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I also forgot to mention that building up the quads are super important and having flexible hamstrings and hips is important. Once I incorporated a lot more hip opening exercises, I saw quite an improvement. I could only twist to my left a little but with the exercising, I could almost do a normal twist. The other worse thing you can do is sit around. Now don't go running a marathon or picking up milk bottles crates ;) but keep moving. Hope you get to feeling better.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - May 18 2008 :  03:45:42 AM  Show Profile
I have a weak upper back from a fall on my face/neck a few years ago

Any heavy lifting will trigger a migraine now so its a vicious circle

Sure wish I had daily access to a pool like I did in college

Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - May 18 2008 :  10:15:12 AM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
I hurt my back last year at work by having to restrain children with behavioral problems at my job. Started with severe pain in my left ankle. Got so bad I could barely walk. After months of them treating an unstable ankle. (I tried to tell them there was nothing wrong with my ankle) I switched doctors and they looked at my back and decided I had a pinched nerve in my lower spine. I took anti inflammatories for a month, I then had colitis attack so I had to take other drugs. Finally I ended up with epidural shot in my spine, but it seems they are wearing off too. I have started a walking routine and stretching. It really helps. Last Thursday after to much activity, my back decided I was done for the week. Spent Friday on the couch in a semi-coma and slept all day. ALL DAY and NIGHT. Yesterday I had to get my plants planted so I did some yard work but today I will sit and lay around so that Monday I can start my work week over. My DH has said enough 12-14 hour days so I have to sit my boss down and let her know. Not an easy task when someone depends on you the way she does on me. But the bright side will be more time at home with DH for the summer!!!!!! My doctors advice, Find my six pack underneath all that extra jiggle. I hate to say it but I'm sure he's right. Darn it that means more exercise.

http://www.bboopster.blogspot.com
3 Blue Star Mother and Proud of it!
Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Sore Back Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page