Page: of 2

n/a
deleted

60 Posts

Tammy
Port Orford Oregon
60 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2005 :  09:50:23 AM  Show Profile
Jenny I agree I don't think I would care for mixing chicken and beef.

Last nights Ziploc/tidbit soup came out better than I could of ever expected. It was a beef base and it had cut up steak, roast, taco & burrito ground beef, wild mushrooms, corn, zucchini, garlic, onion, potatoes and carrots from the roast, and more. It was wonderful and my family and parents just raved. It’s amazing how good it all tastes when you put it together, I didn’t add any herbs, salt or anything to it because I figured I did all that the first time I cooked it and it came out GREAT!

When I feel spring coming I have to plant or I’ll go crazy!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

60 Posts

Tammy
Port Orford Oregon
60 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2005 :  09:51:51 AM  Show Profile
Oh Susan, I almost forgot the won ton wrappers I uses were about 3" or 4" square, not the large 6" square.

When I feel spring coming I have to plant or I’ll go crazy!
Go to Top of Page

ladybugsmom6
True Blue Farmgirl

128 Posts

Tami
Horicon WI
USA
128 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2005 :  4:37:39 PM  Show Profile  Click to see ladybugsmom6's MSN Messenger address
Supper was soo yummy tonight. I either cook up a storm, or very little, I love to cook once and eat three or four times! But tonight, my hubby was sick along with my kids so instead of the turkey dinner I had planned and cooking in the crock pot, I made Chicken soup. Half a bag of wide egg noodles( I sure need to learn make my own, maybe Grandma will teach me!) 2 cups of the broth from the pot, a cup of celery 2 cups of carrots, a cup and half of left over corn and a cup of broccoli, to make it healthy I tossed in some garlic and grated some ginger root into the pot too. It was good that everyone ate and enjoyed supper tonight.

-Tami
livin' right and loven' life!
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2005 :  4:55:54 PM  Show Profile
Must be a good soup night. Here: Tortellini vegetable soup and homemade croutons. Probably everyone here makes a version of veggie soup. Mine: Saute onions and garlic; stir in herbs (basil, oregano, thyme) then add chopped celery and carrots. Add chicken stock or broth; add some tomatoes (actually, I used some Trader Joe's Roasted Red Pepper Tomato soup that I had left); bring to simmer; add dried Barilla tortellini; simmer till tortellini is done. Croutons: heat melted butter and olive oil in a broad fry pan, stir in cubes of a good, day-old, crusty Italian bread; cook on top of stove until beginning to golden; then spread onto a baking sheet, sprinkle with grated parmesan and put in oven for 12 or so minutes at 350. Oh, what a good combo! In the winter, I often throw in a frozen cube of pesto for full, hearty flavor.
Go to Top of Page

lareyna
True Blue Farmgirl

242 Posts

Arlene
Valley Ford Ca
USA
242 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2005 :  5:27:53 PM  Show Profile
Yum, stew, I also like to cook once and eat thrice!!! Threw everything in the fridge into it, even leftover steak from my BD dinner on Sunday, lots of veggies, the last from the garden, including tomatoes and some banana squash,,,,,delicious

http://bumpercrop.blogspot.com/
I was Country before Country was COOL
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2005 :  06:54:53 AM  Show Profile
Hooray! I can tell my husband that I am not the only one that likes to cook a lot at once and eat the leftovers different ways. The poor guy, his mother would cook say 2lasagnas on monday and then the family would eat lasagna for 2 weeks in a row! At least I am fortunate that he never says to me, "oh my mom made that better"
Ahyhoo, I have always loved to cook but now even more so since I started selling Epicue spices and dips. (www.epicureselections.com) the dips and spices have no MSG, no gluten and little or no sodium. It is such a treat to be able to use products in my kitchen that are peservative free. Of course I try to grow a lot of my own herbs but this year was very wet and I didn't have such a great crop of anything.

"I wanna touch the earth, I want to break it in my hands, I want to grow something wild and unruly"
Go to Top of Page

lareyna
True Blue Farmgirl

242 Posts

Arlene
Valley Ford Ca
USA
242 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2005 :  09:02:55 AM  Show Profile
My stew was so big I canned the leftovers,never did that before

http://bumpercrop.blogspot.com/
I was Country before Country was COOL
Go to Top of Page

mdotterer
True Blue Farmgirl

78 Posts

Marlene
Pleasant Hill CA
USA
78 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2005 :  4:53:03 PM  Show Profile
It's clean out the frig night for me. I have a batch of veggies that needs using, so I'm thinking of chopping them up and mixing them with some onions, garlic and olive oil, and roasting them. Some eggplant, squash, bell peppers - I think that's it. I thought I'd make some pizza dough and top it with some leftover spaghetti sauce, mozzarella and the roasted veggies.
Should be an adventure!
Go to Top of Page

ladybugsmom6
True Blue Farmgirl

128 Posts

Tami
Horicon WI
USA
128 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2005 :  5:11:29 PM  Show Profile  Click to see ladybugsmom6's MSN Messenger address
NOw canning leftovers, thats sounds just like me. I like to cook once but the kids love the soup on the first night, tolerate it the second, and by the third refuse to eat! So if I make enough, I can it up, or if not quite that much I freeze it and then on a hard day, I just have to thaw!

-Tami
livin' right and loven' life!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic So, what's for dinner? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page