Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic juicer recommendation?? Next Topic  

Pammy
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Michigan
USA
66 Posts

Posted - May 02 2008 :  11:07:23 AM  Show Profile
My naturopath has recommended that I get a juicer to make celery juice, it is supposed to help with my stiff joints. Anyway, does anyone have a juicer? and what would you recommend? She did say Champion makes a good one. I don't know if there is a juicer attachment for my Kitchenain mixer, I will have to research that. Thanks, Pam

corporatefarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

389 Posts

Tamara
Pikeville TN
USA
389 Posts

Posted - May 02 2008 :  11:11:45 AM  Show Profile
Champion is the best. But I went with the Jack LaLahne (?sp) one which was cheaper. We have had it 4 years now and I love it. Simple to use, easy clean up and the price was right!

Tamara
http://smallfarm.about.com small farms give big benefits
Go to Top of Page

Pammy
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Michigan
USA
66 Posts

Posted - May 03 2008 :  07:39:55 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Tamara, we had to go baby shower shopping last night and found a Lalane one in Bed, Bath and Beyond, there was another but it was 50.00 more. After seeing your recommendation I felt we would give that one a try.
What all do you juice?
Pam
Go to Top of Page

corporatefarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

389 Posts

Tamara
Pikeville TN
USA
389 Posts

Posted - May 03 2008 :  10:03:15 AM  Show Profile
We do a variety of juices - Celery, Apple and Pear is one of my favs. We also do a beet, apple, pear that I like a lot. Really it is up to you. Mix and match to try and get the flavors you like. Recently due to work schedules we haven't juiced every day like we use to. I can tell a BIG differance in the Fibromyalgia and the Arthritis. The more raw fruits and veggies the better!

Tamara
http://smallfarm.about.com small farms give big benefits
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2900 Posts

Posted - May 03 2008 :  3:27:13 PM  Show Profile
I have Jack LaLannes too.. Very nice
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - May 03 2008 :  8:59:04 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Pammy, I have the champion. I was diagnosed with Lupus a few years back.. and went through some drug therapies before finding a naturpath... and I satrted Juicing -and adding Clorophyll to my diet ( either blue green algae or Barley green... which helped the stiff joints and pain So much... I juice carrots, apple, and celery.......YUM! Happy Juicing

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

Sunny
True Blue Farmgirl

120 Posts

120 Posts

Posted - May 05 2008 :  09:49:16 AM  Show Profile
Hi Pam and everyone,

I also like the Champion, and I found that if I cut the celery into short sticks, the strings didn't get so wound around the round grinder blades. The Champion is a good price, and it makes nut butter and frozen fruit "ice cream," yum!

I really like the Green Power, too, but it costs a lot more, although less than the Norwalk.

Happy juicing!

~Sunny

You never know what each day will bring, so laugh, love, sing.
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic juicer recommendation?? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page