Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 The problem with cruise control . . .
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic The problem with cruise control . . . Next Topic  

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2008 :  4:00:29 PM  Show Profile
Is when you are distracted talking to your teenaged sons and you don't realize your foot is still on the gas . . . and the only way you realize it is when the cop pulls you over for going 12 miles over the speed limit! Dang! And here my oldest was nagging to drive (he has his learner's permit) and I didn't let him because I wanted a relaxing drive home. Grumble, grumble. I set the cruise control so I WOULDN'T accidently speed. Guess it didn't work! So much for my clean record. $144.00 ticket. Whine!!!!!

Hugs & blessings (grumpy blessings,though . . .)

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.

palmettogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

571 Posts

sue
camden south carolina
USA
571 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2008 :  4:22:24 PM  Show Profile
i swear there must be something in the air......as soon as my daughter got her permit, i was driving her to school to show her some things before she got behind the wheel (the road is very busy in the morning) and lo and behold i pulled out after a tractor trailer who was going fast.....i just "drove with the traffic" while talking to her and next thing you know I'M getting a ticket. i told her "don't you dare laugh when the officer comes back to our car!!"
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2008 :  5:00:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh No! I am so sorry your cruise control didn't help you out today! I use cruise a lot as I have a lead foot. I just don't think about it- just wanting to get where I am going and then...oops! Gotta use the brakes!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

chicken necker
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Sherry
Eastern Shore Maryland
USA
509 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2008 :  7:31:09 PM  Show Profile  Send chicken necker an AOL message
LOL. Thank the Heavens for Cruise control or my lead foot woulda had a bizillion tickets by now. Hint: set Cruise control. Take right foot off gas and rest it aside the AC vent, works everytime on my trips to NC!
Sorry about your day...

FarmGirl Sister #123

Crafty Bay FarmGirls Chapter

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2008 :  7:44:28 PM  Show Profile
Ooh, ouch! That's a spendy lesson. Sorry...

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2008 :  6:33:23 PM  Show Profile
Note to self: remove foot from gas while cruise control is on! LOL! Sue, I can so relate to you . . . I had to race my son into the house so I could "break the news" about my ticket to my hubby before he did. The entire family found it all far too amusing!

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2008 :  6:37:26 PM  Show Profile
Oh, no! Don;t you hate it when your kids have something on you? Mine enjoy it all too much when I get caught doing some silly thing. Grrrrrrr. At least you got to your dh first. I'm sure that your son could hae made it sound much worse!

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

Wherever you go, there you are.

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
www.madrekarin.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2008 :  6:59:33 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Karin, I so k now what you mean... I have 4 boys.. and my "claim to fame" is them telling there buddies that I am the only person they know who "ran themselves over with a truck"... So my problem obviously wasnt the cruise control, but the brakes on an old farm truck. I had driven it down to check on a fense that we thought was open... My two youngest sons were in the bed of the truck with the dogs... nice summer day... the dirt road we were one was on an incline - I got out of the truck putting it in what I thought was Park - and went to check the gate... I heard the kids screaming, I looked back told them to lay flat in the bed.. I got to the door of the truck, grabbed a hold of the steering wheel, just to be sucked under the truck.. Luckily for me when i grabbed the steering wheel the truck wheels went into the very sandy soil and pinned me between the sand and the truck tires..... my oldest of the two youngest ran back to the house called his dad and his dad called the local volunteer emts....YOU WOULD THINK.. I would get a little sympathy... but they were all laughing so hard - based on the story my son told them..... that it took much longer to get me out.. as they were busy snapping pictures............. arent they all funny! My boys literally squeel when they tell the story.................SO.... Grrrrr is right.. I will be 99 and they will still be telling the story.... Oh.. hey no broken bones, but literally a tire indent that lasted about 4 weeks.... UGH!!!!

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic The problem with cruise control . . . Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page