dg7954
True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

Diane
Doylestown pa
USA
129 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2005 :  9:14:42 PM  Show Profile
Gee, I was dying to hear some, "this place is so familiar to me and I have never been here before" stories. I just love this topic. I thought when I checked this, there would be all these cool stories about people who just connected at their first encounter, or a battle with a relative or neighbor that feels old and familiar. I have been told more than once that my daughter was my mother in many other lives. When she was four, she told be out of the blue "you know, I used to be your mother." It blew my mind.

Have you ever felt a familiarity with a country or a culture you have never visited? Does your home, your attire, your little likes and dislikes lean towards England, or France, or Native American, or somewhere else? Do you have a "type" of person of the opposite sex that you are particularly attracted to that resembles a lot of other people you have had attraction to in your past as well?

I have heard that a love or revulsion of a fragrance or type of food (spices and herbs especially) can mean a strong tie to another life. I absolutely despise Cilantro, I can't even stand the smell of it, and also know that I was Asian in many other lives. Another great story (well, I think it's great) is that I have a friend who is a well known photographer for Life Magazine, National Geographic, well, you get the idea. He has been obsessed for the last fifteen years with the Hopi Native Americans. He has worked with them and photographed them to better their lives and situations. He found out in a past life regression that he was a soldier who fought Native Americans out West, and was partly responsible for killing a Hopi tribe and burning their reservation. There are so many stories like this one. Doesn't anyone have any to share? If you never have considered this before now, think about how you are in your major relationships, if they are amazingly good or amazingly bad. Perhaps the reason does not lie in this present life. I don't wish to offend anyone's belief system if reincarnation does not enter into how you perceive the universe to be. But, if you have ever wondered about anything that feels like this topic, then let her rip.

SDPogue
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Sara
Pullman Washington
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2005 :  11:15:46 PM  Show Profile
Really interesting topic idea. I'd love to hear some stories. Not really sure I have my own - or at least at this moment I can't come up with any.
Sara

See what I have been up to in my community. www.geocities.com/sdpogue
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2005 :  7:03:39 PM  Show Profile
One story I heard is not about me, but about the young daughter of a friend of mine. She was 4 and working out in the yard with her daddy one day. They were talking about a trip that they were going to take to Colorado.

Her daddy asked if she was excited about going to see the mountains and the Wild West, and she said very matter of factly, "Well, I was there once in '35". That is the exact way she worded it...a four year old. We all wondered where that came from.

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2005 :  11:26:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
My family has always been very supportive of each other but I thought that even familial closeness was a bit of a stretch during these two incidents:

My uncle was going to through a pretty heinous divorce with "The Person" (yes I substituted "person" for the word that I really call her as it is neither nice nor polite). Anyway my branch of the family had not heard about it yet and then one day my dad quit work early for the day (something he never does) and went home and called his youngest brother and said "What is wrong I know something just happened" and I guess my Uncle had been having a particularly horrible day because SHE was doing some pretty horrible things in the divorce.

Then the next incident happened a few months later. My grandmather (their mother) had been extremely sick with cancer for about a year and she finally passed away. We had not had a chance to calll anyone yet when the phone rang and my dad answered. It was my uncle and he said "Mom died just now didn't she?"

Neat but weird eh?

Alee
Go to Top of Page

dg7954
True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

Diane
Doylestown pa
USA
129 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2005 :  06:49:41 AM  Show Profile
Not weird at all. I felt my mother with me as I walked into the hospital where she had died. Her last words to me had been, "I love you." She had orchestrated her death to happen at my home, so that I could spend her final night on earth with her and make sure I got her to the hospital. I knew when she died. It was eight o'clock in the evening. I walked to the hospital (I lived three blocks away) and felt her with me on those dark streets. She has never left me. I speak to her all the time, smell her fragrance, and know she knows everything I am doing on this side.
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2005 :  11:02:21 AM  Show Profile
My sister-in-law -- Zuri who is seven now said to her Mom one night before bed that when she picked them to be her parents she first o\looked at China and she looked at Iraq ans then she saw this couple in the US and decided that would be the right one. She was about 4 when she told this to her Mom.

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2005 :  6:53:00 PM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!!!

I have a friend in Dallas who was driving in her car and had her 2 year old daughter in the back seat. The child's name is Cecil. All of a sudden the toddler started telling her mother about "the little village in Mexico that she had lived in" and gave great detail.

My friend was just stunned. She said that it was not like her daughter was making up a pretend story.

The child never mentioned it again.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

Park Avenue
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

Michele
Paradise Valley Alberta
Canada
57 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2005 :  06:45:01 AM  Show Profile
I totally believe in all of this stuff. I have a daughter who is very intuitive. She is 17, and told us the time that her grandmother would die, as well as other things.

I feel totally at home when I am in a heritage park. Probably around the turn of the century. I feel so calm there.

I also really tend to pick up on the feelings of those around me, sometimes carry negative energy around, and feel ill, till I clear it.

I don't talk much about any of this, as we live in 'the rural alberta bible belt" and alot of this stuff isn't looked upon fondly. But it surprising when you do open up about it, how many others believe the same things.

Michele
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2005 :  07:47:54 AM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!

It's me again. I definitely believe in "all of this." In the past 10 years, I have had a dream or sometimes it is just a scene that pops into my head when I am awake, and it is always the same thing. I see a woman with long black, straight hair who is riding a horse bareback across an area that looks like New Mexico with mesas and plateaus etc. This always has a very familiar feel as if it is me, and the feeling always seems to be with me.

I visited New Mexico a few years ago for my brother's wedding and thought that I would have this "feeling' while I was in this setting, but I did not so I must conclude that the setting in the dream or scene is elsewhere. When I see photos of modern Native American women with their long hair and riding their horses, I always feel an instant kinship.
Connie
[8D

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2005 :  09:24:58 AM  Show Profile
Wow Connio,
I also have a dream or vision (since I've been around 14) about a woman (me) sitting on a bed or sofa looking out through lace curtains into the late afternoon sunshine. I have red or auburn hair piled on my head and I'm wearing a high collar lace blouse. I get the feeling (don't know why) that it's in Ireland. I seem to be so content and at peace. I know I have to go to Ireland to check this out.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

verbina
True Blue Farmgirl

231 Posts

randi
n.j
USA
231 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2005 :  4:52:04 PM  Show Profile
hi! crazy, but i drowened in another life . thats all i got to say on that. but i very much do believe. randi
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2005 :  07:25:56 AM  Show Profile
When I was in 8th grade my parents decided to take a road trip to New England to check out antique stores and moving possibilities. We were having a rather uneventful but good time when we stopped at this antique shop near Bangor, Maine. As we walked around and no one was really paying attention to each other I walked over to the shop keeper and started asking him very strange questions. Was there a door behind this very tall cupboard?(Yes) Had the door to the basement been moved? (Yes) Have you found the carving by the floorboard yet?(Yes) Do you know that there is a loose floorboard with some things stored in the floor? (No) By this point I had walked across the room to the place , knelt down and he handed me a something to pry it up with. Inside lay a parcel of letters tied together , a silver baby's rattle and spoon with the finger loop (1800's) and a what looked like a diary or journal of some sort. At this point I think it was all too strange for my father because he started saying "It's time to go, we have to get back on the road NOW" and things like that. I wanted to stay to read the letters and journal and see what story they had to tell. The stunned shop keeper kept looking at me saying "You never lived here? Ever?" and all I could do was shrug. As I turned to leave he spoke quickly to my Mom and then turned to me. He gave me the rattle and spoon and said he thought I should have these. I slipped them into my pocket with a confused "Thanks" mumbled and we left. My brother began chanting something about how weird I was and it distracted my parents but we NEVER spoke of this from that moment on in the trip.Years later my Dad brought it up when he saw me using the spoon and rattle with my son. He asked me did I know how frightened he had been when that all happened and I asked him why? I was just curious not scared. He replied with a shake of the head and a smile"I guess that's what makes you YOU , and not me." Do I have any idea how I was connected to that place? No and I probably never will but it certainly explains my lifelong love affair with New England. Strange I know, but also true.

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2005 :  08:30:55 AM  Show Profile
Wow! Bramble I just love this story. It seems like a book or a movie, so unreal. Don't ya just want to go back there and try to feel it again there might be more to it, aren't ya curiuos. I would just have to know. What an amazing experience.

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2005 :  08:30:58 AM  Show Profile
Wow Bramble! Have you been back to the store as an adult? You may find out more now. So interesting!

May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently through the world and know its beauty all the days of your life. ~~Apache Blessing
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2005 :  09:18:55 AM  Show Profile
Bramble, your story gave me the goosebumps! I would do as Clare said and go back and explore that area and store again...That is just amazing!

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2005 :  11:34:20 AM  Show Profile
I did try to find it again when I was on a ski trip in college but had no luck. The people in the area I asked said that those kind of shops come and go and they remember there had been a fire at one. We drove around and looked at alot but I suppose because I was TRYING nothing was ringing any bells.What I wish is that I had had the presence of mind to write to the shopkeeper and ask about the letters and diary contents. But at 14 how many of us would have been that together? I remember feeling awkward, embarrassed and didn't really understand what had happened at the time and my father's strange behavior probably only enhanced that. I had already started to love old things so I didn't want to throw the spoon and rattle away but I'm glad my Mom kept them tucked away for me.I do remember thinking "Baby stuff?!!! I would have rather had the book!" Thank goodness 14 year olds don't ALWAYS say what they are thinking, that was incredibly generous of the store owner to have given away two obviously old and potentially profitable items for the store.

On another note of strangeness...I frequently know who is calling on the phone before we pick up! My son has grown up with it so it's not odd to him but the other day a friend was here and I told him to get the phone it was his Mom and he couldn't get over it. I don't think about it, it just sort of comes through sometimes, usually with people we are close to. We don't need no stinkin caller ID, they have me!( I don't work all the time though!)Weird, huh?!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2005 :  11:48:14 AM  Show Profile
Consider it a gift, Bramble! Wonderful stories that are being shared here, too!

May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently through the world and know its beauty all the days of your life. ~~Apache Blessing
Go to Top of Page

RachelLeigh
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

Rachel
Rainier WA
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2005 :  11:51:03 AM  Show Profile
That is absolutely fascinating!!! I have very short seconds where I feel like I've been somewhere before or I've experienced something before but nothing so concrete as Bramble's story...that's just awesome!

blog.myspace.com/rlph

Colliehaven's Farmgirls - southern IN chapter
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2005 :  11:51:35 AM  Show Profile
Bramble,
That is such a cool and amazing story. I had one daughter who use to insist that the old house (1870's) that we lived in in upstate NY was haunted. She used to give me the shivers, cuz I figured she was right. Some of us are just more in tune to vibes or past histories.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

lamarguerite farm
True Blue Farmgirl

649 Posts

missy
Battle Ground Wa
USA
649 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2005 :  12:34:59 PM  Show Profile
I'm very mixed on the idea of past lives. I know it's not biblical but I have these really wierd feelings inside when I listen to Celtic music. I get goose bumps, and sometimes feel like I'm welling up with tears. It is a feeling of being "familiar". It feels as though I have all this emotion from it that bubbles over and I'm not really sure why. It's even hard to explain and it's definately not the same as just "feeling moved" by the music.- Ugh! I guess there just aren't words to describe it! I am also drawn to books, movies, history, and objects from pioneer times. Makes you wonder?!!! I wonder if it is possible to experience these things due to genetics from ancestors?!? Just have lots of uncertainties(sp?).

Blessings,

Missy

If you have a dream, even if you don't feel qualified to accomplish it, just try your hardest.-Maggie Jensen
Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2005 :  2:49:54 PM  Show Profile
Yes Missy,
I also share your "Celtic shivers" and openly weeped the first time I heard a tin whistle play on the radio when I was just 17 years old. I was quite shaken by it at the time, too, because I had no idea what was happening to me. Nor did my family.
That moment also caused me to remember another, sitting on my grandfather's lap as a youngster looking at a National Geographic issue featuring rural Ireland and somehow knowing it was familiar to me. I thumbed those pages of green pastures and endless stone walls and seaweed and sheep and women in woolen shawls to shreds!It was as though the faces were familiar to me as well. I couldn't have been more than 8.

In 1996,I fulfilled a lifelong desire and traveled with a girlfriend (of full Irish heritage), to Ireland for 10 days.
I have full German/Swiss blood back as far as our family tree goes to the early 1700s. Not a trace of Celt.
But, I sobbed like a helpless baby, face down in the cool green grass, overlooking the Cliffs of Moher when I arrived there.
My Irish blood girlfriend thought I had lost my marbles.
Simply uncontrollable and unexplainable and familiar.
I cannot describe the emotion as anything but relief.
Like I said in the Movies forum, I havent felt so at home any where on this planet as I did there. I cried again when it was time to come home.......and my kids were here!!!I wish that I had a vision or a recurrent dream that I could add. I waited to feel something powerful at the standing stones, in the castles...nothing.
The pubs gave me the only powerful feelings on my trip...and that was always the next day!
Anyway,I cannot ever deny what I felt.....
I would love to know more. Hence my return to the island by book or movies. Still searching for another spark.

"If more of us valued good food, cheer and song above hoarded gold,the world would be a merrier place."
J.J.R.Tolkien

Edited by - BlueEggBabe on Sep 29 2005 3:40:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

ByHzGrace
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

348 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2005 :  4:10:18 PM  Show Profile
I don't believe in reincarnation.
If reincarnation is real, and there are six billion people on earth who presumably were reincarnated somewhere, sometime....or numerous times, certainly some definitive proof could be had and tested under controlled conditions. But then as far as believability as a measure - the Incarnation and Virgin birth take some imagination, no?

I do believe in the breaking of bonds of time and space such that all times being contained are within this present moment.Like when I tell a story about when I was 16, I must remember what it is to be 16. But this is not looking back; it is bringing me into the present. Have you ever read about Michelangelo that he approached a block of marble believing that the perfect sculpture he sought to create already existed in the unhewn stone. Does this make the artistic act one of discovery, not creation when the long hours of work are devoted to revealing what is already there?

The answer bramble sought is already there prior to her discovery of it?
What happens in the flash of her understanding?
Does she suddenly catch up with a truth already known?

Can we draw not only on information in our past, as "remembered" in our DNA, but on information in our future?
Go to Top of Page

Park Avenue
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

Michele
Paradise Valley Alberta
Canada
57 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2005 :  5:20:47 PM  Show Profile
Wow Bramble, what a cool story. I love it!
Michele
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2005 :  6:59:32 PM  Show Profile
Ok, I am looking for a place to move as my BF and I are breaking up(story is on the thread called sad if you want the details). Anyway, I was surfing the net looking for homes and I cama across this farmhouse someone has started to restore. Good location town wise, railroad tracks 2 blocks away (not so good). On a street with other restored homes, mostly Victorian, so I drive by the house and I have this really weird pull, like I'm supposed to be in this house. I almost cry thinking about NOT having it. It needs more work and I haven't even seen the inside. DIRT cheap. It feels so familiar. As soon as I can I am setting up an appointment with my realtor to see it.

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2005 :  7:46:18 PM  Show Profile
Sounds wonderful Kim...

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2005 :  7:57:18 PM  Show Profile
I'll keep you posted on what I find. You never know though, Meadowlark, I may end up in Kansas!! Still waiting for the job postings to come through.

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic No Takers????? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page