CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2008 :  05:51:04 AM  Show Profile
any other farmgirls or their honies, children or other close family members use the Insulin Pump to help control their diabetes? It would be interesting to hear how you/they are doing with it.

I'll have mine tomorrow morning .. and then forever on! I've heard fantastic things in what i've read .. but only one 'personal testimonial'. (the man who runs our local nursing home has been on one for years .. loves it!)

be back tuesday night! xo

True Friends * Frannie

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2008 :  08:07:20 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
*hugs* I know it will be great for you Frannie!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

cathy cobblestone
True Blue Farmgirl

194 Posts

cathy
greensburg ky
USA
194 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2008 :  10:30:53 AM  Show Profile
Good Sunday afternoon Miss Frannie! Actually my sweet papaw, Ronald, has had an insulin pump for several years. It has been really good for him - he still has to be very careful with it - cause actually it is still up to him to do all the monitoring regarding his dosage - at least that's how his works anyway. But it keeps him from having to give himself FOUR shots a day - and that has got to be worth it right there. So I wish you well, I'm sure you will do fantastic with it. I'll be thinkin' of you and wishing you the best! Cathy

www.cobblestonefarms.blogspot.com

Today is a gift, live it!
Go to Top of Page

corporatefarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

389 Posts

Tamara
Pikeville TN
USA
389 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2008 :  10:53:04 AM  Show Profile
Hi Frannie - My day job is in dialysis. Everyone I know of that has recieved a pump has really liked it. Best of luck and lots of {{{{HUGS}}}}

Tamara
http://smallfarm.about.com small farms give big benefits
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2008 :  1:30:54 PM  Show Profile
My son-in-law has type 1. He has had a pump since he was 17 and he is now 30. This year he got a new pump that is said to be the best out there. His supplies are expensive, but he fought and got most of it covered by insurance. I think it has made his life a lot easier, and safer, as it monitors blood sugar levels very accurately.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

22shortie
True Blue Farmgirl

329 Posts

rebekah
sulphur la
USA
329 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2008 :  3:48:20 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations on the pump mis Frannie! My DH has had Type one diabetes since he was 11 and had to give himeself insulin injections for the past 18 years, at least twice a day. Anyway, we were able to get him put on an insulin pump just a couple of months ago. It has done wonders for him! It took a few days but almost immideiatly he was a different person. He is much less irritable and tired, and has more freedom to go about his work and travels without worrying about brining along insulin and needles. It does take a little while to get used to, and learn how to use the pump because it's Supre "hi-tech" but it's worth the effort to fihure it all out. What great news! I'm so happy for you! I hope it does as much for you as it has for him! Let us know how it all goes!

Fresh and creative projects popping up on my blog daily! Stop by and check out what I'm up to today!

http://pumpkinseed-unscripted.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

theoanne
True Blue Farmgirl

282 Posts

teddie
CARROLLTON GA
282 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2008 :  8:13:42 PM  Show Profile
Frannie,
It took me a few years,but I talked DH into a pump. (He has been type 1 about 27 yrs,) That was in 2002. His sugars have improved so much from fluctuating from way lows to WAy TOO HIGH. Usually it was high.( think 500 plus) He still does not do exactly as he should,but it usually keeps him below 200. The technology is not a problem as he is a computer programmer. I just can't seem to get him to check his sugar at a regular time and to count carbs. He tends to guess at the carbs and sometimes forgets to give the insulin until he starts to feel funny. This is frustrating to me since I'm a nurse,but the sugars are much improved. Recently they have come out with a model that has a continuous glucose monitor attached. It signals you when you are low or high. Since it is time for an upgrade I'm trying to get him to go with this model. He is such a wonderful DH and I want to keep him around for a long time.
I'm sure you'll be able to figure it out. Just behave and use all that knowledge. You can even sneak in some occasional chocolate if you keep up with it ( smile)
Your going to really enjoy no more shots I know. This will help you have lots more energy for those Grands and all your searches for more primitives.

TEDDIE

Too blessed to be stressed!
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2008 :  2:47:13 PM  Show Profile
gurlz .. thanks for all the advice and encouragement. i will get this thing all figgered out sooner or later (ha! probably later!) i'll write more of it later. xo

True Friends * Frannie

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic do YOU use the PUMP? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page