CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2008 :  10:00:45 AM  Show Profile

while at glovers' station .. i shopped in my own booth too.
couldn't resist bringing home these two little patchwork quilts

this sweetie is 'playpen' size ... i would love to know all
the stories behind each fabric pattern .. and the woman
who made it and who it was made for!

close up of some of the patches . . this is in great condition ..
waaaaaay toooooo nice to cut up for dollies!

so is this one! i actually got this in OHIO on my last visit (toledo) .. and put it in the shoppe .. but when visiting it .. it needed to 'come home' i love the colors .. they go so well with that great set of mixing bowls that i got from cathy cobblestone two visits ago! will use this on my kitchen table for awhile!

not THIS one is a CUTTER .. can hardly wait to use pieces of the
indigo blue and that yummy big burgundy quilt back!!!

speaking of which .. i found a very thick quilt at glovers station yesterday ... i LOVE the colors .. they actually aren't as bright as this photos shows (i took it in the sunlight) .. i'm making dolly dresses out of it TODAY!

and just look at all the 'guts' inside the quilt .. oh .. and it was quilted with LOTS of big stitches .. looked cute .. but i snipped them all last night so i could get to the layers. there is yet another layer that i made 'underoos' out of. olde fabrics have such a wonderful feel to them!

this think blue/white striped blank was inside too .. along with a pink one and another white one .. the fabric is so delicate and time-worn! will make some doll clothes from these fabrics too!

had such a nice talk with friend, carol who was 'watchin' the shoppe yesterday. she told me the sad story of losing a baby colt that very morning! it had climbed UNDER an electric fence .. for the life of them .. they cannot figure out HOW it did that! poor little thing lived a few days .. but never fed from it's momma again. they called the vet .. the colt got meds and shots .. but they just don't know what happened to his little brain and insides from the electrical shock .. and goodness knows .. he was probably stuck under that fence for awhile .. (he had cleared it when they found him). carol and her husband 'milked' the momma horse and tried to feed him from a bottle. he jus' gave up.

gosh! what a sad story to share with you all .. but it's 'life' and sharing is what makes friends.

well, we did get on to more pleasant subjects about town and life on her horse farm.

THEN .. i headed for (be still my heart) Cathy Cobblestone's .. pictures of her ADORABLE shoppe comin' next! xo

True Friends * Frannie

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Across the Fence: Previous Topic SHOPPIN' MY OWN BOOTH! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page