Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 Want to make the ultimate health popsicle?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Want to make the ultimate health popsicle? Next Topic  

dg7954
True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

Diane
Doylestown pa
USA
129 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2005 :  9:13:19 PM  Show Profile
I love the pomegranate juice called "POM." During this very hot summer, I made popsicles out of it. Not only were they great treats, but kids really liked them too. I could never get my Godson to drink POM, but he loves the popsicle version, and nothing could be better for him. It is so wonderful to see him grab one and finish it. I have a little victory party every time he hands me back the stick. Not to sound like Martha, but it's a good thing.

Edited by - dg7954 on Sep 21 2005 05:27:40 AM

ivmeer
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Amanda
Pawtucket RI
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2005 :  09:49:47 AM  Show Profile
That sounds amazing. Pom is really expensive, but when you consider the price for a box of popsicles, it sounds like it would be perfect.
Go to Top of Page

Susie Q
True Blue Farmgirl

122 Posts

Susan
So. California
USA
122 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2005 :  12:12:33 PM  Show Profile
Check if there is a middle eastern store in your area. Ours carries a canned pomegranate juice that is much cheaper than POM and just as good.

Edited by - Susie Q on Sep 23 2005 12:12:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

LJRphoto
True Blue Farmgirl

760 Posts

Laura
Hickory Corners MI
USA
760 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2005 :  3:43:35 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Susan, I will have to look. Maybe my Meijer carries it in their "international" aisle. I LOVE Pom but the price is prohibitive.

Diane, do you end up with stains? I'm trying to imagine what my kids would look like after snacking on that dark red popsicle. Maybe the health benefits are worth it.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect." -Mark Twain

http://ljrenterprises.blogspot.com/

Edited by - LJRphoto on Sep 23 2005 3:45:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

dg7954
True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

Diane
Doylestown pa
USA
129 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2005 :  5:27:07 PM  Show Profile
I usually put kids in a stain safe area and take off a shirt or dress that I would hate to see destroyed. So stains with kids really haven't been a problem. Now, my husband.....I would equate it with a wine stain, but really not as bad as a wine stain because if you get to it right away it does rinse right out. I have actually had worse luck with those awful Hi-C pops. Now they are not worth it.
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Want to make the ultimate health popsicle? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page