CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2008 :  06:02:12 AM  Show Profile
YA-YA'S .. i jus' came across my picture file from my visit last Christmas 'back home' ... my bestest 'gal pal' cyndi is not only a dear and sweet friend .. (and she will make you pee your pants laffin' when she gets into telling one of her life-stories!) .. but she is an artist extraordinnaire!!! i swear .. the girl can create ANYTHING!!! her home is ADORABLE .. and she has a phenomenal collection of wonderful antiques and superb hand-dids. i took quite a few photos ... so .. if you'd like to see them .. E-MAIL me with Cyndi's Treasures in the subject line .. and i'll add you to the list.

i do have to down-size them quite a bit .. sooo .. it might take a few days to get them all to you .. and i'll try to just send 5 or 6 each e-mail so they won't take long for slower computers to show them.

her collections are wonderful! xo, frannie

p.s. here's a small sample:

a wooden 'penny' doll that cyndi has dressed in a vintage slip, skirt and shawl. (not sure .. but it wouldn't surprize me if she didn't make the bunny .. and if she didn't .. she sure could have!)

one day .. cyndi and i went to an antiques show .. there was a halloween 'black cat' (olde .. paper mache) .. oh lordy! we both wanted it so bad we coulda' torn it apart grabbing for it .. but when we did 'gently' turn it over and saw the price tag to be almost $400. ... we 'gently' and 'quickly' put it back on the shelf! Cindi looked at me and said: "we can make those"!

and THIS was the true beginning of my understanding of Cyndi's incredible creative talents! And make black cats we did! and witches and halloween goblins and santas and easter rabbits and every imaginable character you could conjure up. She gave classes in making the 'olde timey' paper-mache 'candy containers. then on her own .. she expanded it to 'full characters' .. the pumpkin man above is but ONE of her incredible creations! she's known all over for her 'santa's'!!!

AND .. she made this little Americana boy from a class taught by extremely talented Pat Castka who came to our Crooked Tree Hollow doll club to teach a couple times!

gurlfrenz, this is jus' the 'tip of the iceberg'!

let me know if you'd like to see more! xo, frannie

p.s. it made me smile to see 'my' rag chillun all over cyndi's house too! here's a little angel-chile i made many moons ago!

True Friends * Frannie

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Edited by - CabinCreek-Kentucky on Apr 23 2008 06:06:00 AM

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2008 :  11:30:14 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Oh MY.. How cute are theses????? I write an article for our local paper during the summer months for farmers market and I usually get "busted" for the amount of times I say.. "people are brilliant".. but it has become a core belief of mine.....just one more example of what I mean!!! thanks for sharing.

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2008 :  3:19:23 PM  Show Profile
The dolls are lovely!

~*~Dream all you dreamers~*~

View my work:
www.bigtownfarmer.com
www.pumpkinpatchparlor.etsy.com

And Blogs:
agriculture: www.bigtownfarmer.blogspot.com
art: www.queenofcrows.blogspot.com
animals: www.big-luv.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2008 :  4:53:05 PM  Show Profile
gosh .. i'm getting so many 'e-mails' from the ya-ya's saying they want to see MORE MORE MORE .. that i've just decided to send them to EVERYONE! it will take me a little time to 'down-size' them though. her home is so dang CUTE! she has such a way with 'displaying' and USING her things!

she's never been real 'commercial' about selling .. but she could make a lotta' pennies if she did! but then .. maybe some of the creativity spark might go out .. if she did! she is such a love!!! and i swear .. about the funniest gurlfren i've ever had! all our friends always said that 'cyndi and frannie are connected at the hip'! cyndi was a TRIPLET .. the only surviving one at birth .. sometimes i think she has their energy too. and TALK .. the chile can tell you story after story after story .. incredible childhood recollection and hysterical way of 'telling a tale'. I have actually seen a room full of women in TEARS and about wettin' their underoos at her stories .. and i've seen this happen LOTS. i really miss her! xo

True Friends * Frannie

adopt a 'rag-chile'

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2008 :  4:54:53 PM  Show Profile
hank usta' jus' shake his head in disbelief. he said that when cyndi and it got together .. we both talked AT THE SAME TIME .. and how did we ever hear each other??? i told him .. we never skipped a beat! we heard and understood each other perfectly as only true women friends can.

True Friends * Frannie

adopt a 'rag-chile'

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Cyndi's Treasures Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page