Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Keep the farm and have Kentucky bluegrass too!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Keep the farm and have Kentucky bluegrass too!!!! Next Topic  

Forrester Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

703 Posts

Ann
Belmont MI
USA
703 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2008 :  10:52:19 AM  Show Profile
Nance in France - you have been popping into my mind. Brenda in Ohio - you too! Just pondering....could it be possible for my husband to accept a great opportunity in Kentucky and for us to still keep the little slice of heaven that we call home in MI? To "keep house" in 2 states without going nutty? I've found a little "cottage" in KY that needs work but is so cute and within our budget. All things are possible - but not all things are wise!!!!
Ann

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2008 :  11:12:30 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ann, which part of Kentucky are you looking at?

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2008 :  11:48:03 AM  Show Profile
yay, Ann!!! Sounds like heaven to this Kentucky girl. And, if the price is right, see if you can swing them both!

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

Forrester Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

703 Posts

Ann
Belmont MI
USA
703 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2008 :  12:11:17 PM  Show Profile
Work would be in Louisville. Life - where we plant our feet :)! I've had many people tell me that Oldham County will be the best school system. The little "cottage" is in Henry county though. Any feedback on that issue?

Love what I just saw on Beemoosies blog:
Tuesday April 22, 2008

Today's Psalm:
Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.
Psalm 27:14 / KJV

He is in charge and will give wisdom!!!
Ann

Edited by - Forrester Farm on Apr 22 2008 12:15:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2008 :  12:20:45 PM  Show Profile
For 6 years we kept two households and it worked great. They weren't in different states but opposite ends of one state. One house on weekends, holidays and any extra time we could spare and one during the week. Actually it helped us keep our sanity as we both disliked the weather where the weekday house was. 18 months ago we moved full time to the weekend house when DH decided he had had enough of the corporate world. AHH peace at last.
Hugs, Kathy
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2008 :  12:23:55 PM  Show Profile
Henry County is lovely, Ann...as far as school systems, I don't know--it's about an hour from me down 71 on the way to Louisville. I would imagine that it is a smaller school system, but probably still fine--Henry is still pretty rural and has lovely farms.

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

Forrester Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

703 Posts

Ann
Belmont MI
USA
703 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2008 :  12:50:38 PM  Show Profile
I don't want to be foolish or selfish in wanting to hold onto our home in MI. If it doesn't sell, we would have to look at alternatives anyhow. Going thru this process of getting the house on the market has been sooooo healthy though. It is interesting how much a family can accumulate without intending to!!! It has been fun to give away and sell some things. There is a freedom of living light that comes with it all!
Ann
Go to Top of Page

kydeere40744
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

Jessica
Kentucky
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2008 :  2:40:58 PM  Show Profile
Ann - Henry County has some beautiful country side & farmland. I know a few folks you could possibly get in contact with in regards to farming stuff in Henry & Oldham County. They could possibly tell you a little about the school systems as well. Both counties are small town rural communities and have beautiful scenery. The schools are smaller than say Lexington or Louisville.

Keep us updated on this big change to coming down here to good ole Kentucky!

~Jessica in Kentucky & Farmgirl Sisterhood #137~
Be sure to visit my blog & Crafty Clipart for some of my photographs:
http://bluegrassprincess.blogspot.com/
http://www.craftyclipart.com
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2008 :  06:25:47 AM  Show Profile
ANN .. SOOOOO happy to hear your move to kentucky might be getting closer! if it is 'do-able' .. try keeping both .. you'll know soon enough if it is working.

we had a lovely 1800's home in the city of Denver, Colorado .. and when we moved back to Annapolis, Maryland, we decided to keep it and rent it out .. IN CASE .. we might want to return to Colorado. We had a good friend 'over-see' it and we rented it for quite a few years (enough to jus' about pay for it!) Then we saw that our future would probably remain in 'Bay Country' .. and decided that if we ever really wanted to move back to Colorado .. we'd just take the money saved from the rent all those years .. and buy another home there.

Well, time passed, grandchildren started getting born and raised in the Maryland area .. and we decided our future was 'on the water' .. hank is SUCH a water-person!! We lived in a private cove .. just our own home .. on 600 feet of river front which led to the Chesapeake Bay. Hank 'sculled' every morning of his life that the river wasn't frozen and got a sail boat that gave us many happy hours on 'the water'. Sooooooooo .. it was obvious to us that the 'mountains' of Colorado was no longer calling our name.

Well, as you'll see as life travels on .. you will change from time to time in what you love in life. The grandkids got bigger and bigger .. AND THEN .. our youngest daughter started having her children (only five years difference in our two daughter's .. but our eldest started early having babies .. and our youngest daughter started late.

LIFE took her to Toledo, Ohio where her husband's family lives and where his career in politics took off. Sooooooo .. after the first set of grandes were pretty much grown .. we retired and moved to 'my' dreamhome .. a LOG CABIN. Honestly, i do wish it were in OHIO (as much as i love Kentucky) .. cuz' then we'd be even CLOSER to our younger grandes .. but .. that SIX hour drive doesn't ever stop me from hitting the road to see them.

Soooooooo .. perhaps if you really love your Michigan home and even 'think' you might want to return to it .. give it a 'go'. You can always 'shift gears' down the line.

Remember, you kids are welcome to come stay here in your quest for a new home. We are an hour south of Louisville .. which may be further than you want to drive .. but it sure is lovely in Green County, Kentucky. xo

True Friends * Frannie

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Forrester Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

703 Posts

Ann
Belmont MI
USA
703 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2008 :  07:50:23 AM  Show Profile
Thank you for all of the great feedback all!

Frannie, we still may take you up on that offer. I've chatted with your friend Brad too. He's offered to show us around. What a great guy and so willing to help! In his words, "Any friend of Frannie's is a friend of mine". So thank you!!!!

It is an interesting time. The house is on the market, the co. in Louisville would like my husband to start in June, but realizes that we still have a house here, the local farmer's market begins in June - I still have my seasonal spot - and there are so many baby perennials popping up in my garden - that I started from seed last year, there are weddings to arrange flowers for here in MI, and I'm speaking at a women's retreat this weekend.

It is odd to be in a place of major transisition, yet trying to stay grounded in what we have already built up here, because of not knowing what the summer will bring.
Life is adventurous!
Ann
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2008 :  4:58:53 PM  Show Profile
well sweetie .. just the fact that you know that LIFE IS ADVENTUROUS .. will make everything turn out jus' right!

enjoy every moment .. and hank and i look forward to meeting you and your family someday! xo

True Friends * Frannie

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Keep the farm and have Kentucky bluegrass too!!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page