Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Books
 Book Ideas
 TaxDay's passed & I want a MaryJane Business book!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Book Ideas: Previous Topic TaxDay's passed & I want a MaryJane Business book! Next Topic  

chessie
True Blue Farmgirl

403 Posts

Karen
Vista CA
USA
403 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2008 :  5:57:16 PM  Show Profile
Over the years I have purchased books on small business, women in business, herb business, small farming, etc... I get more from MaryJanes lifebook than from some of these books.
the newest one on my shelf is a country living book called "Crafting a business" - making money doing what you love.
I realise now that I want a MJF workbook on business. About Ethics, survival, stategies, profiles - all of it, but from MJF
Yep, that's what I want.
Love, Karen

www.edgehillherbfarm.com "where the name is bigger than the farm, but no one seems to mind"
blog http://edgehillherbfarmer.spaces.live.com/default.aspx?wa=wsignin1.0
happy farmgirl #89

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2008 :  6:43:04 PM  Show Profile
I'd buy one for sure!!

Farmgirl Sister #98
Check out my new online store
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

carycamille
True Blue Farmgirl

163 Posts

Camille
Cathlamet Washington
USA
163 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2008 :  1:12:04 PM  Show Profile
I'll second that!

Camille
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2008 :  6:55:15 PM  Show Profile
We can just watch what she does -- and how we respond to it. We have, right here in this community, a free Harvard Business School "case study," the famous method used in the MBA program there. It's remarkable that MJ is candid about things that didn't quite work as planned, such as the magazine, so if we pay attention, we can get quite an education.

But you're on to something. I think it would be a fabulous project. I doubt she has the time to pursue it, but I'd certainly encourage her to consider something along those lines.
Go to Top of Page

ontargetlisa
Farmgirl at Heart

7 Posts

Lisa
Sandusky Michigan
USA
7 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2008 :  12:10:57 PM  Show Profile
I want one too! Most new businesses are started at home, and many many many by women. It would be a great book!

Let's make the world a more beautiful and healthy place!
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2008 :  08:06:48 AM  Show Profile
MaryJane is an amazing business woman. After our wonderful "Camp out" at her place in May, after the others had gone, my husband, son and I had a chance to "talk business" with her. She was so encouraging to me with my business endeavors, had great advice and also for my 16 year old son who so wants to be a farmer. She is not just a woman of creativity and adventure, she also so knowledgable and knows the ups and downs of business and the importance of taking a chance. I would be the first in line to buy a business book from her.

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2008 :  09:31:14 AM  Show Profile
Great idea! I love it! She would write a great business book for sure!!

Chelsey

Farmgirl Sister #283
Go to Top of Page

BarnChickCecily
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

Cecily
Corydon IN
USA
673 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  12:00:07 PM  Show Profile
I would definately buy one... it's my dream to own my own business, but don't know how to go about it.

Farmgirl Sister # 241
www.thebarnchick.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2008 :  2:28:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Fabu idea, who better to guide us on our farm business journey! No rest for you MJ, lol

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Badgebadger
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Bookclub Coordinator
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2008 :  2:52:46 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like a wonderful idea. If she could include how to budget as part of her business things, I wouldhave to be first in line! :O)

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Go to Top of Page

lara916
True Blue Farmgirl

170 Posts

Lara
Washington State
USA
170 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2008 :  5:31:35 PM  Show Profile
Great idea!

Farmgirl Sister #327
Go to Top of Page

Thistlewoodmanor
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Deb
Geneva IA
USA
51 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2008 :  10:54:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Thistlewoodmanor a Yahoo! Message
I agree. She is an inspiration to me and I would love to more about the how she developed her business while being a single mother.....that had to be hard and I'm so glad she has someone to share the struggles and joys with now!

www.thistlewoodmanor.typepad.com
Go to Top of Page
  Book Ideas: Previous Topic TaxDay's passed & I want a MaryJane Business book! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page