Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Howdy Ya'll Next Topic  

imafarmin
Farmgirl in Training

12 Posts

Janet
Grants Pass OR
USA
12 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2004 :  08:06:51 AM  Show Profile  Send imafarmin a Yahoo! Message
Howdy everyone! Found MJ's way cool mag and forum a couple months back and been lurking on/off here for a bit now as time permits. I have recently made a move from FL to OR and am just now coming up for air! So much fun reading all the posts from like-minded souls!

Ima not farmin yet, but in a couple of months will be on the farm, woohoo! Can't wait to get farm critters...goats, chickens, maybe some turkeys, angora rabbits... and start enjoying the pleasure, and mischief (!) they bring and the fun hobbies from the milk and fiber. Right now I have a cat as my only critter, veggies in containers to sate my gardenin bug, and am harvesting wild blackberries and plums here. The growers market is just down the road where I buy organic veggies that I'm not growing.

I've had the homesteading, small farm bug for about 10 years now and have lived in the country that long as well. Before that I was living outside Dallas, Tx. where I grew up. So glad to be out of the city living the simple life that I love so much!

I loved that link someone, Clare I think?, posted about the floral subscription service, what a great idea! Therese, would love to pick your brain more about that business if you're game :-). The possibilities are endless on making money from home, just gotta find yer niche :-).

Looking forward to getting to know you all better!

Janet

Burst your bud of calm and bloom into hysteria :-).

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2004 :  08:42:24 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Janet!!! Hope to hear more from you and your ideas about the farm life you will be living.
Join in lots!

Gardener, Stitcher, Spiritual Explorer and Appreciator of all Things Natural
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2004 :  2:32:53 PM  Show Profile
Hello Janet I too am very new to this forum, and I am also from Dallas, Texas where I lived for far tooooo long. I recently purchased a small (6.5acres) site about 30 miles west of Fort Worth. I am also very interested in turning my place into a cut flower farm so Therese (and others), I am researching this topic but would also apppreciate practical tips.

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

imafarmin
Farmgirl in Training

12 Posts

Janet
Grants Pass OR
USA
12 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2004 :  12:10:51 AM  Show Profile  Send imafarmin a Yahoo! Message
Howdy ya'll :-)
Thanks for the welcome :-)

Connio, I know what ya mean about living there way too long, I was there for 33 years and watched the countryside there give way to a melding of dallas/ft.worth with no land left inbetween :-( .

Congrats on getting out and into a place of your own!

Burst your bud of calm and bloom into hysteria :-).
Go to Top of Page

Rhonda Perich
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

Rhonda
Grand Junction CO
USA
16 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2004 :  12:34:02 PM  Show Profile
Hello Janet....I ahve relatives in Grants Pass. Bob and Virginia Steimer and they have two dd who live there. One is named Glory and she teaches school. I love the Grants Pass area. That was always my favorite vacation when I was a kid. What a small world sometimes !
Hugs, Rhonda
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Howdy Ya'll Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page