Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Any smokers out there?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Any smokers out there? Next Topic  

dg7954
True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

Diane
Doylestown pa
USA
129 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2005 :  8:01:46 PM  Show Profile
I guess I read the topic too quickly, but I read "any smockers out there?" and I thought it was " any smokers out there." Anyhow, while I'm on the subject, how many smokers are out there? I am a major health nut. I am a vegetarian, work out regularly, take vitamins, eat organic, and most importantly, consider myself a very spiritual person who is interested in always learning more and expanding my knowledge. Bottom line--I smoke. Not only do I smoke, but recently I have met three other women very similar to me who do all of the above and...they smoke too. What is that about?

If you are another health nut, spiritual being who smokes please write me because this is turning into a life study.
Diane
dg7954
Farmgirl at heart

susan kate
True Blue Farmgirl

109 Posts

susan
Western Washington
109 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2005 :  9:56:20 PM  Show Profile
Hi Diane, I have a one-cigarette-per-year habit. Isn't that ridiculous? I will get a craving about one time per year, find someone to bum one from, smoke it, and be so disgusted that I don't crave it for another year. Come to think of it, I am behind. I think it's been two years now. Anyhoo, I have had health nut, spritual being type girlfriends who smoke. It's a Twilight Zone kind of thing to see 'em light up.

For a tip on quitting, see the "Banana" post above in this section!

And also, welcome!
Go to Top of Page

dg7954
True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

Diane
Doylestown pa
USA
129 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2005 :  9:00:40 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Susan Kate, I have been conflicted about smoking for years. I have quit and gone back over and over again. And you are the type of smoker smokers like me truly envy. It blows my mind when anyone says, "Yeah, I smoke every once in a while." That barely computes in my brain. I did read the banana post, and thought it would be wonderful if all I had to do was eat a couple of bananas and be cured of my addiction. I believe, however, I need something more effective--like heroin.(did I spell that correctly?} I don't know what the spiritual, health nut thing is, but it's worth wondering about.

Thanks for the tip and welcome to you too!

Edited by - dg7954 on Sep 20 2005 9:01:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2005 :  09:07:46 AM  Show Profile
Diane, YOUR IN DOYLSTOWN!!!!!! Sorry to yell I just got so excited. I went to CB West High school!! Thats my home town!! My mom lives in Warrington and Dad in Warminster. I miss it there. What part of D-town are you in. I'm so excited, can ya tell?

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Go to Top of Page

dg7954
True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

Diane
Doylestown pa
USA
129 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2005 :  3:02:15 PM  Show Profile
Honey, not only I am from Doylestown, but I love your Aunt Rose! She told me yesterday that you were Sqrl, and I was going to write to you tonight, but you beat me to it. Isn't that amazing?

Well, so much for coincidence, it doesn't exist, everthing happens the way it is supposed to.

My daughter is 19 and went to Kutz, then Tammenen(don't know if I spelled that right). She was homeschooled after that but she knows alot of people that I bet you know.

Getting back to your Aunt, we have just discovered each other and I just love her. We have had so many great conversations, and she by the way is the person who got me to this website.

Please tell me about yourself if you want. If you are anything like your Aunt Rose, I know I will love you.
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Any smokers out there? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page