Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic do you wear a wedding ring? Next Topic
Page: of 2

nashbabe
True Blue Farmgirl

687 Posts

687 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2008 :  2:46:33 PM  Show Profile
Yep, simple solitaire, with a super secret, super long acronym engraved inside. It's engraved in his band, too. :-)

Crunchy crafty goodness and psychoses...;-)http://nashbabe.blogspot.com

groovy stuff 2 buy...http://www.alittlesplurge.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2008 :  3:52:12 PM  Show Profile
We will celebrate our 30th anniversary in August and we still wear our original very thin gold wedding rings which have dents and dings in there as they were not too expensive. My grandmother and grandfather were from France and married in the swiss alps and I inherited her engagement ring... a very plain gold band with two rubies side by side. I wear that when we go out because I'm terrified of losing a ruby! We're talking about getting gold bands to commemorate our anniversary this summer, but I like my original because you can see where dh and I have worked our fingers off! Susan
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2008 :  4:00:01 PM  Show Profile
I had my original rings up until about 5 years ago - had them rebuilt twice because I kept wearing off the prong and making the center diamond loose. Then when we had only one child left at home, we were at the mall one day just browsing in the jewelry store looking at the pretties. When we got home that day, I noticed dh was really quiet. I asked him what was wrong and he said "I was just trying to figure out how to convince you to let me buy you the new wedding set that you liked." Boy was that humbling - I never realized I was such a tightwad! I was so used to finances being so tight when we had all the kids at home, I hadn't realized I didn't need to be quite such a martyr anymore! Needless to say, I gave him "permission" and we went back and bought them the next weekend. I never take them off and they serve as a reminder to me that I am important to him, more so than exactly how many dollars we have in the bank.

Farmgirl Sister #98
Check out my new online store
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba

Edited by - mikesgirl on Apr 17 2008 4:01:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

theoanne
True Blue Farmgirl

282 Posts

teddie
CARROLLTON GA
282 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2008 :  6:54:28 PM  Show Profile
This is the second marriage for both DH and I. We got married at 50, so, he wanted to get things just right so I would not turn him down. We had been dating for 3 yrs when he totally surprised me at a restaurant one night. He had been listening to several conversations I had had with friends over our dating time and he paid attention to things I said. He even got the size right by picking up another ring I wore and tried it on his finger to see where it fit. Then he had the engagement ring sized to that spot on his finger.
When he handed me the box at dinner I was totally surprised. Inside was a 1 carat marquis cut diamond solitare ( my favorite) He had it set in platinum so it would never wear out or get thin. The 1 carat was to make sure he got my attention. Well it got my attention all right and I said yes! Our bands are plain matching platinum.
I know he did this partly because he wanted to get my attention and also because he knew if I picked it out that I am the tightwad and would never let him spend what he did.
I have to admit I love it and would never trade it ever!! Mostly I wear the set,but if we are gonna be outside hiking or working then I just wear the band. I don't wear any other jewelry. Not much of a bling person. I do have a necklace from him and 2 necklaces my sons have given me. I wear these to church.

Sure have enjoyed these stories. Frannie Your so sweet. You always know how to pick a subject to get us talking.

Teddie

TEDDIE

Too blessed to be stressed!
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2008 :  7:25:38 PM  Show Profile
Yes I wear a wedding ring. The same one I have had now for 42 years. It is a wide gold band. Tom had two and lost them both, so I gave up on that!! For our 25th anniversary he got me a band with 12 small perfect diamonds. I wear them both all the time. I am not a jewelry person at all. That and earrings is all I ever wear. Oh, and my watch. Everyone else in my family loved/loves jewelry. I just always think of so mnay other things I could spend the money on!

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2008 :  06:34:52 AM  Show Profile
My husband and I both wear rings that are supposed to signify our marital status, but somehow neither of them is actually the wedding band anymore.

His wedding band started to bother his hand and he's ended up wearing an odd ring that a friend of ours gave him several years ago because it was too big for her finger. Sometimes he can't find it and he'll ask me, "Have you seen my wedding ring, the one that's not really a wedding ring and some other woman gave it to me but it means that I'm married to you?"

And when he stopped wearing the wedding band we bought, I decided to stop wearing mine and go back to wearing my "engagement ring." It's a plain gold cladagh ring that he gave me as a Christmas gift when we'd been dating for a year. We both knew that it was really an engagement ring, but we never admitted it out loud. I wore it every day for 6 years, and I was rather sad when I had to replace it with the wedding band.

So, we both wear wedding rings of a sort. One of these days, we're planning to sell the wedding bands that we picked out hurriedly when we were throwing our wedding together. We'd like to get a pair of special rings that match and that we both like.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9325 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9325 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2008 :  11:38:07 AM  Show Profile
On and off I wear mine. I have allergies and if anything gets under the band I break out. I have an engagement ring but it is a solitare diamond and gets caught on a lot things so I rarely wear that unless dressing up. My husband does not wears his anymore as it doesn't fit. We have his put away. We decided that they are important to us but are only an outward sign to others. So neither of us is offended if the other is not wearing their ring(s).

farmgirl sister #43

Kind hearts are gardens
Kind thoughts are roots
Kind words are blossoms
Kind deeds are Fruits

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic do you wear a wedding ring? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page