True Blue Farmgirl

403 Posts

Karen
Vista CA
USA
403 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2008 :  8:55:01 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to All! so glad you are here, karen

www.edgehillherbfarm.com "where the name is bigger than the farm, but no one seems to mind"
blog http://edgehillherbfarmer.spaces.live.com/default.aspx?wa=wsignin1.0
happy farmgirl #89
Go to Top of Page

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2008 :  07:03:11 AM  Show Profile
Hello! My name is Caron and I am new to this forum and to maryJane's farm! I found the magazine in a bookstore when I sat down at the magazine section because my foot was injured and hurting.I loved the magazine and have ordered the back issue package and bought the ideabook.
I love to garden, cook, read, and tend to my "daughter", a basset hound as well as my sweet husband. I am known in my neighborhood as the "lady who always wear an apron". Recently I went to a neighbor's garage sale and she said "I know you from somewhere". I told her I live right down the street, and then she said "oh! The lady in the aprons! I didn't recognize you without an apron!" Ha ha!

Nice to meet ya'll!

Caron
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2008 :  1:19:39 PM  Show Profile
A big welcome from Georgia, I'm new here too but can tell you ,you will just love everyone they make you feel like family!
Go to Top of Page

BarnChickCecily
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

Cecily
Corydon IN
USA
673 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2008 :  05:34:41 AM  Show Profile
Welcome all you new Farmgals! If you would like a forever farmgirl penpal, come on over to the "across the fence" forum, under the topic "Penpals thru Snail-mail. Hope to see you there :o)
Go to Top of Page

msjocee
True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

Josie
Canyon Country CA
USA
129 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2008 :  10:15:37 AM  Show Profile
Hello All! I to am a new farmgirl. My mom found the magazine and thought I'd like it, can I just say I have yet to put it down! I just ordered Maryjanes first book and it will be here monday!! Iam in sunny and HOT southern Cali. I would love to find some "farmgals" near home as well. I have 2 boys aged 6 and almost 10. I have taught preschool for 18 years and married my hs sweatheart. okay enough about me :)
Jos
Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2008 :  10:29:30 AM  Show Profile
Hi Bethellen! Nice to see a Missouri neighbor here! I'm pretty new to MaryJanes Farm myself. There's a stitching forum here if you haven't already checked it out. Nice to have you here!

Diana
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!
Go to Top of Page

smirking sparrow
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Jessica
Cookeville TN
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2008 :  10:36:00 PM  Show Profile
Hi, all you farmgirls! I am brand new to the site, and have loved reading through but a few of the many exciting threads here.

I live in Cookeville, TN, where I am pursuing a degree in Studio Ceramics. I live with my wonderful husband, Ben, and our "kids": 4 dogs, a cat, a lovebird, and several fish. We are in the beginning phases of simplifying our lives by growing a small garden, making our own cleaning products, and are just really trying to focus on the important things rather than pursuing the commercialized "American Dream". I have always enjoyed making things of all sorts by hand, and feel that I possess the farmgirl spirit!

This website appealed to me for many reasons, one of which is the immediate sense of what a warm and kind community it fosters. For all of the yucky things associated with technology and the internet, what a wonderful opportunity it holds to connect with others in such a way.

I am sincerely excited about getting to know as many of you as I can!

Looking forward to this journey,
Jessica

"I believe in God, only I spell it Nature."
-Frank Lloyd Wright
Go to Top of Page

Txfarmgal
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

AK

USA
585 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  10:12:04 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by gardencottage

and so excited to be here!
I am looking forward to getting to know you all { if that's possible} and learn some things and make some friends...

I am Kelley and I live in southern California in my little garden cottage longing for the day when I can move out to the country!
The Lord is teaching me to be content and do what I can where I am at so I am working on that! Ü

I live in with my dh of 20 years and my two teenagers: a ds, 17 and a dd, 15 and our 2 dogs and rabbit!

I love making soap and toiletries and scented items and growing flowers and stitching and cooking and baking, reading and even watching a good movie now then...

Blessings to all!

It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.
~Laura Ingalls Wilder

Welcome Kelley~~!! ((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))) you will fit right in here and we are glad you stopped in. hugs

AngiKay

For he is faithful that promised. Hebrews 10:23

check out Texas 4H! http://texas4-h.tamu.edu/
Go to Top of Page

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2008 :  2:13:39 PM  Show Profile
Hi Kelley! Isn't this wonderful! It is my first day and I am thoroughly enjoying myself!

Chelsey
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2008 :  2:57:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Welcome to the Farm Chelsey! It sounds like you fit in just perfect around here! Dig in and stay a while :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2008 :  1:08:43 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Kelley!! It's great to have you here!!! I look forward to more of your posts!! Have a great day!

Chelsey
Farmgirl Sister #283
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2008 :  2:26:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Hi Kelley, welcome! Welcome Jessica, you both will love it here. Hi Chelsey*waving*!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Badgebadger
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Bookclub Coordinator
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2008 :  2:54:12 PM  Show Profile
Hi Kelley!
Welcome to MJFarm.Looking forward to getting to know you and hope youll have fun in our sistership here! :)

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Book Ideas: Previous Topic New to the farm... Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page