Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise
 MJ products at my grocery store!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic MJ products at my grocery store! Next Topic
Page: of 2

susan kate
True Blue Farmgirl

109 Posts

susan
Western Washington
109 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2005 :  3:28:15 PM  Show Profile
I just noticed them today in the bulk section with a sign saying "new products"......choco chip cookie mix, black bean corn something, frittata mix, bacon egg mix, a corn salsa mix. They looked yummy!!! I was in a big hurry or I would have bought one to try out. I did not see any recipe cards around. I'll ask next time which could very well be later today or tomorrow since I practically live there.

Has anyone tried any of these?

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2005 :  6:16:19 PM  Show Profile
try the black bean and corn chowder..it is wonderful!!! Lucky you..I wish they were in my grocery store. the store near us...7 miles north..that did carry them was out last time I went in!!! So I will mail order.

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things
Go to Top of Page

lamarguerite farm
True Blue Farmgirl

649 Posts

missy
Battle Ground Wa
USA
649 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2005 :  7:32:47 PM  Show Profile
Susan- Which store did you see her product? I noticed you are in Western Wa. I would love to be able to get her products locally!!

Blessings,

Missy

If you have a dream, even if you don't feel qualified to accomplish it, just try your hardest.-Maggie Jensen
Go to Top of Page

susan kate
True Blue Farmgirl

109 Posts

susan
Western Washington
109 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2005 :  9:43:01 PM  Show Profile
Missy - It was Central Market in Shoreline (North Seattle). MaryJane's website has a store locater and I found this one that is closest to you. The nearest to you in WA is Olympia.

People's Food Co-op
3029 S.E. 21st St.
Portland, Oregon 97202
503-232-9051

Products available:

MaryJanesFarm Magazine
Do-it-Yourself Bulk

Susan
Go to Top of Page

susan kate
True Blue Farmgirl

109 Posts

susan
Western Washington
109 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2005 :  9:54:10 PM  Show Profile
Aunt Jenny, it was Southwestern Couscous which I will try and let you know how I like. The blackbean chowder sounds great also.

Susan
Go to Top of Page

lamarguerite farm
True Blue Farmgirl

649 Posts

missy
Battle Ground Wa
USA
649 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2005 :  10:47:17 AM  Show Profile
Thanks so much susan for getting a location for me. How nice of you! Can't wait to go find it!!!!

Blessings,

Missy

If you have a dream, even if you don't feel qualified to accomplish it, just try your hardest.-Maggie Jensen
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2005 :  10:54:20 AM  Show Profile
Susan, The corn salsa is excellent too. I love it with tortilla chips.

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.
Go to Top of Page

Mrs Tiggywinkle
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Sara
Spokane WA
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2006 :  9:45:18 PM  Show Profile
I'm new to the forum, but wanted to chip in- the bulk products are available @ Huckleberry's in Spokane, but as Susan Kate mentioned, there aren't recipe cards for them.

Could the recipes for bulk products (both regular & bakeover instructions) be posted on the website? I'd love to get some mixes & start experimenting w/bakeovers!

Love, Sara

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
Go to Top of Page

Mrs Tiggywinkle
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Sara
Spokane WA
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2006 :  3:22:28 PM  Show Profile
Help, farmgirls! I went to Huckleberry's & got some garlic pesto mix & some orange walnut scone mix from the bulk bins. I'd like to make some bakeovers, but they didn't have the recipes for mixing the dough. What do I need to add to how much mix to make the bakeovers of my dreams? And how can I turn the scone mix into scones?
Thanx,
Sara

Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2006 :  11:48:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Mrs. T, just call the Farm and talk to Julie Bell, or if you are too shy email her and ask for the recipes. If it's their product they should be happy to give it you.
Go to Top of Page

Mrs Tiggywinkle
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Sara
Spokane WA
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2006 :  4:16:11 PM  Show Profile
Good idea! Thanks, Diane. I'll call her tomorrow. Maybe she can fax them to me.
Love, Sara

Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2006 :  12:26:29 PM  Show Profile

Dear Mrs. Tiggywinkle! Greetings from Cindylou here at MaryJanesFarm! I'm so glad you've brought this to our attention. I called Chris at Huckleberry's in Spokane. Apparently, the store had new generic brand labels made for the bulk bins (some of which have the directions, but not all). They took the MJF labels off, which included the directions. Farmgirl power to the rescue!! I will send new MJF bulk labels so Chris can get them on the bins. Be sure to take your notepad to jot down the directions for future use. In the meantime.....

BakeOver instructions for Organic Garlic Pesto Fry Bread ~ ~

Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
Cut 3 T. butter into 1 1/2 cups dry bread mix.
Add 1/3 cup water.
Form a ball and roll out a 9" crust (for an 11" crust, double the recipe.)
Place on top of 4 cups sliced fresh vegetables sauteed briefly (3 min.) in 1 T. butter/oil in 9" non-stick oven-proof skillet.
Bake 20 minutes.
Turn contents of skillet upside down on plate.
Serves four.
The delicious aroma will bring 'em running to the kitchen!!

Organic Scones with walnuts and orange peel~~

Skillet bake:
In a bowl, combine 1 cup Scones mix with 1/3 cup water.
Mix thoroughly.
Dough will be stiff.
Drop spoonfuls of dough into a non-stick skillet - oil is optional.
Cover. Bake on LOW heat for about 5 minutes. Flip. Repeat. Serve!!
Makes twelve 2" scones (2 standards servings.)
These are easy and elegant!!

Now, that I've made myself hungry, I'll go have lunch with Julie Bell!!
Julie Bell will fax you some more BakeOver ideas. You can also find BakeOver ideas and instructions on page 88 in "MaryJane's Ideabook, Cookbook, Lifebook for the farmgirl in all of us."
Have fun cooking!!
sunnily yours,

MaryJane's Left-Hand Farmgirl
Cindylou
cindylou@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

Mrs Tiggywinkle
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Sara
Spokane WA
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2006 :  5:14:59 PM  Show Profile
(((Cindylou))) Thank you so much! Guess what we'll be having for dinner tonight!
Glad Huckleberry's will get it all fixed- then we'll have even more well-fed farmgirls.
Thank you again!
Love, Sara

Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2006 :  11:11:45 AM  Show Profile

Hi Sara! You're most welcome!! Let me know how your BakeOver turned out! You really CAN use anything you have on hand ~ one of the best ones I ever made was when my cupboard seemed bare. I had part of an onion, red pepper, garlic, some frozen corn, and a little bit of cheese. That didn't seem like enough so I put a layer of MJF Black Bean Flakes over the veggies and topped it off with MJF Organic Corn Bread. It was delicious!! Have fun creating your own "gourmet" delights!
love ya,

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2006 :  10:28:35 AM  Show Profile
Sara,

Bummer!! I was just at Huckleberry's last weekend, but DH was rushing me and I didn't see them. I am definitely going back next Saturday!! Yippee!

Where in Spokane are you? I'm just over the border.

Debbie

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2006 :  10:49:38 AM  Show Profile

Hi Debbie ~
Greetings from Cindylou here at MaryJanesFarm! My sister always says that we gals are really the hunter gatherers because we take time to "shop" and pick and choose only the best items!
You'll find 15 MaryJanesFarm products in the bulk section at Huckleberry's ~ on the right hand side of the store towards the back. They also carry 14 of MaryJanesFarm products in single serving size packages if you'd like to try a few before investing in a bulk amount. These can be found by the deli take out counter, right across from the bulk department.
I hope you and Sara make connections!! It's always fun to meet a farmgirl at heart friend!!
sunnily yours,

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2006 :  1:39:39 PM  Show Profile
Hi Cindylou,

Thank you. Can't wait til Saturday!! I appreciate the info. I do want to get together with some other farmgirls. Think it would be so much fun. And I can't wait to meet you all down in Moscow this summer at the Farm Fair. I am definitely coming this year.

Debbie

Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2006 :  1:51:21 PM  Show Profile

Hi Debbie,
Great!! I was hoping you'd be able to come down since you are a neighboring farmgirl . Our Farm Fair celebration will be on July 1st and 2nd. That Saturday night we'll have a Farmgirl Campout ~ it should be oodles of fun! Plan on showing your farmgirl style by wearing your favorite apron! We'll make the wheat fields look like a colorful quilt!
Have fun at Huckleberry's!
Sunnily yours,

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

Mrs Tiggywinkle
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Sara
Spokane WA
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2006 :  5:12:28 PM  Show Profile
Hi Debbie-
Sounds like we should make a date to meet @ Huckleberry's! I live on the cliff above Doomsday Hill. (If you run Bloomsday, you've probably seen me waving from the deck. That's my contribution )

I've made one bakeover so far- blueberries, cranberries & apples & pecans w/the walnut orange scone topping. (or bottom-ing when it's done) It was totally fab!

Tonight I'm going to do turkey, red pepper, onion & 'shrooms w/the garlic pesto topping. I'm having fun w/this!

Love, Sara

Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2006 :  1:44:21 PM  Show Profile
Sara,

We will make a date to meet at Huckleberry's! This weekend DH & I are going to the Travel & Adventure Expo at the convention center & then I'm taking him to Clinkerdagger's for his birthday dinner (that's where he wants to go). But I will email you so we can meet. Ooh we can have a nice salad, or a scone or some cappucino! And talk about being farmgirls.

I can't wait to try the bakovers. Even though we're off white flour, I think they are whole wheat, aren't they? Yum.

I'm supposed to do Bloomsday this year with some gals from the gym. They said they only run the first 3 miles! What - are they nuts? I'll try but I may be walking by so I'll be sure to look up and wave back at you. I will email u so we can set up a day to meet at Huckleberry's.

Debbie

Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2006 :  2:49:53 PM  Show Profile
Sara & Cindylou,

Well I got to run into Huckleberry's real quick on Saturday and found the bins with MJs mixes!! DH doesn't like to shop - go figure - so I felt kind of rushed. But I did get some things. I hope they'll add more.

Sara,

we will make a date to meet there.

Debbie

Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2006 :  3:15:27 PM  Show Profile
Does anyone know if there are bulk MJ products anywhere in Provo or Orem Utah??? Just thought I would ask since I think I will be up there this week one day.

Jenny in Utah
It's astonishing how short a time it takes for very wonderful things to happen...Frances Burnette
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2006 :  3:42:49 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jenny!
No ma'am, there are not any stores in Provo or Orem that carry MaryJanesFarm food in bulk. There are a quite a few food co-ops that do, but none in Utah. If you have favorites, you can order 3# bulk packages directly from the farm. It's always best to try a package first, to be sure all your growing boys like it!! It's way more cost effective to buy in 3# for your dinner budget.
Have fun cooking!
sunnily yours,

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2006 :  3:46:40 PM  Show Profile
I am pretty sure that is what I am going to start doing that. The garlic pesto fry bread was a hit..so was the scone mix and the peasant tomato soup too. I don't know if they like the black bean and corn chowder since I never share it!! heehee(my favorite)

Jenny in Utah
It's astonishing how short a time it takes for very wonderful things to happen...Frances Burnette
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2006 :  11:03:31 AM  Show Profile
Jenny & Frannie,

You both said you liked the garlic pesto fry bread. Is it easy to make? I didn't get any of that this past weekend, but I do want to try it. Let me know.

Debbie

Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2006 :  1:56:15 PM  Show Profile
YES!!! and it is wonderful!! either as little "fry breads" pan fryed or as a crust for the bakeovers..good stuff!

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic MJ products at my grocery store! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page