Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise
 MJ products at my grocery store!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic MJ products at my grocery store! Next Topic
Page: of 2

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2006 :  2:16:21 PM  Show Profile

Debbie and Jenny ~
I just love how you all help each other out!! Debbie ~ I'm pleased to hear that the new MaryJanesFarm labels were on the bulk bins. And Jenny ~ I had Sweet Corn and Black Bean Chowder for lunch today here at the farm ~ it is one of my favorites, too!
Try this farmgirls ~ make the Garlic Pesto Fry Bread into a 6-8" flat bread ~ a pancake griddle works well. Lightly brown on one side, flip, and lightly brown the other side. Then make home made pizzas by brushing the bread with olive oil. Add tomato sauce or pizza sauce, mushrooms, olives, red peppers, artichoke hearts, etc. Top with grated cheese and heat under the broiler until the cheese is melted and everything is warm. My grown kids love them!!
Happy eating!
sunnily yours,

MaryJane's Left-Hand Farmgirl
Cindylou
cindylou@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2006 :  2:25:46 PM  Show Profile
Jenny,

Thanks for the info. I hope I get to meet you at the farm fair. You're one of my inspirations. You do so much.

Cindylou,

Thanks. That recipe sounds so yummy!

Debbie

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2006 :  2:53:51 PM  Show Profile

You're most welcome Debbie! I love to create new variations of family favorites. Making home made pizza is always fun!
sunnily yours,

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2006 :  2:56:03 PM  Show Profile

Hi farmgirls! Take a peek ath the Farmgirl Campout Conventions section. You'll find information for this year's Farmgirl Campout! I truly wish that each and every one of you could make the trip to the farm!
sunnily yours,

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2006 :  3:43:59 PM  Show Profile
oooh I have a packet of the garlic pesto fry bread right now..I think I will try the pizza thing..that sounds wonderful

Jenny in Utah
It's astonishing how short a time it takes for very wonderful things to happen...Frances Burnette
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

SmallTownGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Rose

USA
117 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2006 :  2:36:43 PM  Show Profile
Has anyone tried MJ black bean flakes? We make wraps for lunch and I thought they might make good burritos? Is there a recipe? Let me know what you think, thanks
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2006 :  4:21:46 PM  Show Profile
They would be wonderful for burritos Rose!! I just get them "rehydrated" and then add a little green sauce or salsa and then spread on warmed tortillas and sprinkle with cheese. You could add chunks of chicken too, or sour cream...or tomatoes or avocado..oh man..that sure sounds good!! I will have to order more of those!!

Jenny in Utah
It's astonishing how short a time it takes for very wonderful things to happen...Frances Burnette
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2006 :  10:00:55 AM  Show Profile

Jenny ~ Thanks for the tips ~ your burritos sound delicious!
Rose ~ MJ black bean flakes are seasoned nicely and all you need to do is add boiling water, stir, and let them sit for 5 minutes to rehydrate. They are a nice addition to burritos, enchiladas, tortillas, etc. In the winter, I add the black bean flakes to my home made soups. The added protein is nutritious and the black bean flakes make for a creamier soup.
Have fun cooking farmgirls!
sunnily yours,

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

SmallTownGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Rose

USA
117 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2006 :  12:54:35 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the recipe Cindylou, I am definitly going to try them. We eat black beans in almost every meal sometimes. Thanks Ladies
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2006 :  1:45:25 PM  Show Profile

You're most welcome Rose!! I think you'll love the versatility and "ease" of cooking up the Black Bean Flakes. By the way, Welcome to the Farmgirl Connection Forum!! Happy cooking and have a great weekend!
sunnily yours,

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

Destiny~
True Blue Farmgirl

195 Posts

Dar
west TX
USA
195 Posts

Posted - May 23 2006 :  06:06:21 AM  Show Profile
I hope this is the right place for this.
Cindylou, my health food store does not currently carry MJ's products but I spoke with the manager who does the ordering and she's interested in finding out more about her products. I told her I'd bring her something this week, what would you recommend I show her?
I have the latest magazine and the book or do you suggest something else?
This manager has ordered products for me for years and I told her that I was ordering this stuff directly myself so I'm pretty sure that her interest is genuine and I'd like some guidance from you on the best way to 'hook' her.

"Let us, together, sow seeds for a better harvest-a harvest for hope."
Jane Goodall, Harvest for Hope
Go to Top of Page

Carol
Moderator/MaryJane's Design Diva

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - May 23 2006 :  10:44:39 AM  Show Profile
Hi Dar.
Just wanted to let you know that Cindylou won't be in until tomorrow, but I'll make sure she sees your questions for her. Thanks for your marketing efforts on our behalf! We like to call it our "Front Porch Campaign."
Carol

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming 'WOO HOO, what a ride!'"
Go to Top of Page

Destiny~
True Blue Farmgirl

195 Posts

Dar
west TX
USA
195 Posts

Posted - May 23 2006 :  11:05:32 AM  Show Profile
Carol, I'm being totally selfish here. I'd like to be able to just walk over to the store anytime I feel like it (the store is directly behind my house) and get her products. It's the largest health food store in W Texas so I really think it would be a good place to get her great product to the consumers here.

Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - May 24 2006 :  09:40:49 AM  Show Profile
Hi Dar,
I think it would be wonderful if you could walk over and purchase MaryJanesFarm products from your neighboring store!! Please do take your new magazine and book to share with the manager. You might also show her the Product Shop section on this web site. If you have a previous magazine to show her, that would also have all the products listed. MaryJane offers all her organic, instant & quick prep meals, as well as the magazine at wholesale. MaryJane is not able to offer her book at wholesale.
If your manager is interested, please have her either call 208-882-6819 or e-mail sunny@maryjanesfarm.org for complete wholesale information.
Thank you for your enthusiasm!! MaryJane would love to have the largest health food store in West Texas offer her organic meals and magazine!! Let me know how it goes!!
Sunnily yours,

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

Destiny~
True Blue Farmgirl

195 Posts

Dar
west TX
USA
195 Posts

Posted - May 24 2006 :  11:02:46 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Cindylou, I'll use all your suggestions and just inundate her. I do have one package of food left, maybe I'll let her sample.
(Am I being too enthusiastic?)

Did I mention that my first job was ordering and selling Natural foods in the late 70's early 80's? Psst don't try and figure out how old that makes me, of course I was still in high school at the time.

Have a great day.

Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - May 24 2006 :  12:14:54 PM  Show Profile
Hi Dar,
I think it would be perfect if you shared a package of MJF food with the manager ~ maybe even mix it up for her, pouch the bag out and let her taste it while you're there! Then she'll know how yummy and convenient it is! Can one ever be too enthusiastic??!!
Well, thanks for sharing your ordering and selling skills ~ you're a very resourceful farmgirl! I was a Dental Hygienist for 30 years before working with MaryJane ~ so let's not do the math!! Tee hee!
Thanks again,

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic MJ products at my grocery store! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page