New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Whispers of the past Next Topic  

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2005 :  09:56:38 AM  Show Profile
I am borrowing Jenny Louise's line to share with you what last weekend's stop at that farm house felt like to me.

"As we stopped the car and crossed the road it was almost as if time had begun to rewind. Stepping into the swaying clumps of grass in front of this farm house I began to see what once was here and it was sweet. A wide front porch to welcome you trimmed with gingerbread that he had added as a surprise one summer, a big front door with a glimpse of lace to provide shelter. A welcoming fire on an early fall day and maybe some mulled cider to chase the chill away.Windows that sparkle and shine only to reflect the fall foliage at it's most brilliant and firey slendor.The sound of feet racing to get the molasses cookies before they are all gone and laughter that comes from the sound of people who like each other. Through the kitchen, window she spies a billowing sheet as a flag reminding that there is washing to get in before the sun sets. The warmth of the sun feels good at this point of the day and leads her across the porch.The red barn stands tall and proud ready to give shelter to the herd as they are brought in by the young ones. The man has finished with the wood shop and is about to get ready for the evening milking. He glances up and calls to her about the dinner and she laughs and finishes what she is doing before the children come up from the barn. Another day
they have cared for their children and each other. Not a fancy life, but a good life.A VERY good life".
Back in my own world my husband is grinning from ear to ear walking up from the barn and the blond head of my son emerges from the edge of the woods followed by a flock of curious turkeys. I am trapped between two worlds... or maybe both of them belonged to me. I do not want to leave this place...

with a happy heart

Edited by - bramble on Sep 18 2005 12:44:12 PM

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2005 :  11:05:03 AM  Show Profile
Bramble - thank you for writing the essay above. I have felt that very same feeling where the past is so much with us in the present. Especially on old farm land. You captured it perfectly, and I will come back and read this post of yours again and again.

jpbluesky
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2005 :  12:47:09 PM  Show Profile
Your welcome JPBluesky! It was a powerful feeling...

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2005 :  1:58:55 PM  Show Profile
Bramble, That is beautiful. Thanks for sharing your heart stirrings. The visuals were right there. A treat for a warm, breezy almost Fall Sunday afternoon. There are abandoned farmhouses all around me and sometimes I forget to honor the history and beauty in them. You have honored that home and it's former occupants.

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2005 :  09:43:22 AM  Show Profile
I feel memories that I don't quite know yet when the read the above passage. I love it, thank you Bramble. It's like a cool autumn breeze.

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2005 :  12:25:37 PM  Show Profile
Bramble, I have read and re-read your post. something deep within me stirred and I asked myself the question....Where do I truly belong ? In the small city or on our farm? Actually our farm is divided between the four of us....but where?

Thank you
Go to Top of Page

dg7954
True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

Diane
Doylestown pa
USA
129 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2005 :  5:26:26 PM  Show Profile
Bramble, that was so wonderful. There is a part of my soul that can remember an existence like the one you created in your story. It is truly a big part of me and I know I carry it with me in any setting. It touched me and made me homesick. It filled my head with images I am not certain I conjured up or they had existed in another time and I can't let go of them. But it is more than just images. It is all of the feelings that went with them that I have tried to recreate in different scenarios all of this life. I am certain that at some point, if I do any more past life regressions, I know that if asked who I am, I will reply, "I am a farmer." Thank you so much.
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Whispers of the past Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page