kydeere40744
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

Jessica
Kentucky
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  8:50:07 PM  Show Profile
Lord knows I'm always singing. My mom was notorious of saying "it's bad luck to sing at the kitchen table." haha. I grew up saying I would sing on stage of the Grand Ole Opry. I was in choir in 8th grade and took about 7 years of music classes. I still aggravate hubby (who plays guitar) about random things from being in those classes that I remember now. Well for our honeymoon, we went to Nashville. I've been there a ton, but we decided since we met because of music, love music, heck lets just go to Nashville. We decided to take the backstage tour of the Grand Ole Opry. Little did I know is that at the end of the tour they allowed you to sing on stage. Oh goodness. We got to stand in the very center of the infamous circle and I sang with all my heart "Will the Circle Be Unbroken" and "Amazing Grace." I got goose bumps standing there singing out into the crowd of thousands of empty pews. (teehee) We've been back several times and I guarantee you, I don't miss a chance to sing on that stage any time we are down there! We also went to the Ryman Auditorium and stood on the stage while we had our picture taken. I sang a line or two of Dolly's "But you know I love you" and realized there were folks behind the screen watching a film clip about the Ryman. OOPS!

I still sing in the shower, in the car, anywhere. Helps pass the time and releases any stress I might have.

~Jessica in Kentucky & Farmgirl Sisterhood #137~
Be sure to visit my blog & Crafty Clipart for some of my photographs:
http://bluegrassprincess.blogspot.com/
http://www.craftyclipart.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic can you sing? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page