New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Whew! Next Topic  

Sagewood
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

South Carolina
106 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  2:51:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Sagewood a Yahoo! Message
Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to my new friends, but for the past few days I've been pretty busy! It's gardening time 'round here so that's where I've been..between the veggies and the flowers, and the spring cleaning. I've been busy!
Today I finished planting up several more areas of the garden, washed and hung out all the quilts before they are stored for the summer. Got all my 'summer' clothes rinsed and hung, now ready to wear. Wow..the list just goes on and on. Trust me..it's been busy round here!

So what are all you other 'farmgirls' up to?

Sage
Hiding in the broom closet (my craft room!)
http://sagewoodfarm.blogspot.com/

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  3:39:09 PM  Show Profile
Gosh I wish I could put my garden in now...I have quite a jungle going in the living room though..my seedlings that will be there for more than a month still. We had slushy snow/rain showers today again...ugh!!!
I have been busy subbing at the elementary school this week (first grade which I love) and being a taxi service for my kids. I have been getting some summer stuff out and packing away some winter stuff though,and doing some sewing and knitting.
I need to air my quilts..but will wait for a better weather day...for bathing the dogs I need a warmer day too!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  9:10:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Yes, I think I am jealous! It sure does sound like you have been busy- but a wonderful busy! It snowed another 3-4 inches here last night so I am really ready for some warmer weather to roll in! By the way- remind me I said that when I am sweating and complaining on the 4th of July!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

marmieto12
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

laura
utah
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2008 :  04:58:44 AM  Show Profile
We are getting ready to plant! I have seeds and pots to get some seedlings ready. DH will till one one time all of our yummy animal by product into our garden spot.

Dehorned the baby goats and moved all of the "girls" to the corral pen. Now we have our backyard for humans once again. We sold our cow and her calf last week and will purchase another one after we move to our "real" farm. There is a small limit of what you can do on an 1/2 acre!

I spring cleaned the master bedroom while DH went out of town and did some organizing of seasonally clothing. We currently have 10 kiddos and there is a lot of sorting to do!

We are slowing getting our house ready to sell. Now that warm weather is ahead we can plow through some of our projects.

On the fun side, I received all of the back issues of MJ magazines the other day. I had given what I had to others during a move...so it has been a blast to revisit some of the articles.

I have two waist aprons planned to cut this week and will sew as I can. Completed many PJ bottoms for kiddos to finish out the cold weather.

Like Aunt Jenny waiting for the snow to stop...

Spring is busy as I wake up from hibernation!

Laura;Dreaming of big girl farm...

Farmgirl # 148

http://lilsfamilyfarm.blogspot.com

Chapter http://justsimplythegirls.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Whew! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page