Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 If you have room on your list
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic If you have room on your list Next Topic
Page: of 2

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2008 :  09:38:00 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
'Manda- You did very well! :D btw- Nora fussed and sang and read her books all the way till Colfax on the ride home, and then konked out! Then she said hi to her daddy when we got home and then we put her to bed and she was out like a light again! :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2008 :  12:16:24 PM  Show Profile
Amanda, I've had a few panic attacks over 'normal' things, and even over nothing at all. I had one so bad I felt like I was on the verge of completely snapping mentally (right around finals for school, lol). I've found a few things help me--

1) An aerobic exercise session. Just 40 minutes of good exercise helps get rid of all the tension I get in my neck, back and shoulders, I start breathing deeper, and I feel relaxed. I usually do this in the evenings after I get off work so I can chill out after a long day. Walking helps, too, but I like the overall workout better. I just use an indoor exercise video...

2) When I feel like I'm going to start freaking out, I take a MEGA dose of vitamin C. It's water soluble, so I don't worry about overdosing too much. I put about 3,000 mg (EmergenC) in a bottle of water, and drink it down. I find this helps me relax and my body feels stronger.

3) Sunshine!! Getting out in the sun makes me feel calmer right away, but nothing beats indoor tanning for me. Spending 12 minutes in a tanning bed soothes away about everything that could be bothering me. Vitamin D and endorphins are great at calming, and sun gives the body lots of those.

I'll keep you in my prayers, too! It's no fun, but you're not alone in it!

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic If you have room on your list Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page