Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2008 :  7:48:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I am sure my dog hate bath days. When I shut the door with her inside the bathtub and then start calling her to me- she gets this look of dejected resignation in her eyes.

She is so good though. She jumps into the water and doesn't try to get out. We don't have one of those handy hand held sprayers so I climb in with her and flip her onto her back to rinse her 3-5 inch long fur.

Afterwards is fun though. After we get her toweled dry a bit, I open the door and she races around the apartment like crazy. It's so funny to watch! Her fur is sticking out at all ends and she looks crazed. She will mock growl and play-fight with me and tears around the house and yard with this funny run that I can't quite describe.

Anyone else's dog act like a Tasmanian Devil after bathtime?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2008 :  9:44:26 PM  Show Profile
ha..no..my little Collin hates the hair dryer now though..he tries to nip at the air..ha. but he actually will sit down in the sink towards the end of his bath time..I am going to have to switch him over to bath time in the tub though, as he's not quite as little as he used to be..ha. He loves it when I wrap the towel around him and give him his "dry off" rub down..and he actually doesn't mind it when I brush his teeth. The spoiled lil thing.
He hasn't gotten used to the grooming comb yet..he tries to nip at that like it's a chewy toy, but we'll get there.
He's only about 14 weeks old.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2008 :  10:00:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
awww! I love 'em when they are super young! I was cuddling 6 week old puppies this weekend and remembering sky when she was that young. They are little just for such a sweet little period!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  07:37:17 AM  Show Profile
My Jasper loves the bath. When I was pregnant, he jumped in the shower with me. He has tried to get in with baby several times. After he is dried, he runs all around the house with his bum really close to the ground. And we yell, "MAD DOG! MAD DOG! PITBULL!" It gets him even more excited, and baby thinks it's really funny.

Trish
Farmgirl Sister #91
Make cupcakes not war!
FREE TIBET!
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  07:42:44 AM  Show Profile
Oh yes, Alee (and Patricia!) our 4 dogs love/hate bath day. I just bought some new shampoo called Pomegranite Passion and we're giving baths this weekend!!! We do it rapid fire succession, Justin is the "washer" and I'm the "dryer". As soon as they hear the water running and see Justin get in his swim trunks, they high tail it to the living room corner and act like they don't hear him calling :)

But, after each one gets dried off with me, they run around and roll all over the carpet on the backs, or ON THE SOFA, or just plane ruuuuunnn through the house!!! Like Patricia, we clap hands and yell "Ooooh what pretty dogs!!!!" and rile them up a lot until they're all "dog" wrestling in the living room.

Love dog bath day!!!

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Doggie Bath Day Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page