napafarmhouse1885
True Blue Farmgirl

208 Posts

diane
napa ca
USA
208 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2008 :  11:29:41 AM  Show Profile
really, really love your dog? i love my golden more than i thought possible. i have written a story about dogs on my blog www.napafarmhouse1885.blogspot.com. if you get a chance, please check it out and leave a comment after the post about your dog (or other animal) i am collecting stories about people and their pets. thanks in advance, i love reading the comments left on my blog..and the best ones come from farmgirls!!

best!

best,
napafarmhouse1885
www.napafarmhouse1885.blogspot.com

"Whatever you can do or dream, begin it"
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2008 :  11:34:18 AM  Show Profile
Oh gosh, all I could say about my 4 dog household might "bog down" your blog!!!! Suffice it to say that I don't just love my dog(s), I adore and cherish them, and frankly, like them better than most humans (excluding, of course, farmgirls :))

p.s. Read your blog about Mose. What a beaut! And, don't feel bad--we've not been on vacation in 8 years :)

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

RachelLeigh
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

Rachel
Rainier WA
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2008 :  11:41:44 AM  Show Profile
I love love love love love my dog Kyle. I've had him since he was 8 weeks old and he just turned 9.....

FARMGIRL SISTER #127
my Etsy shop: http://backwoodsjunction.etsy.com
The Catholic Wife: http://www.thecatholicwife.com

Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2008 :  6:08:48 PM  Show Profile
love, love, love my new fur baby "Collin"
you can see his picture on my blog at www.gardengoose.blogspot.com left hand side of my blog. he's a mini schnauzer.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2008 :  8:46:26 PM  Show Profile
i do adore our two olde english sheepdogs .. cabin and creek .. however, i do NOT like dog LICKS in my face ... the way honey hunk does! he gets down on the ground and tussels with them .. lovingling BITES them ... their fur is THICK .. so while they don't feel his teeth .. they know he is NUZZLING them .. (while getting a mouth full of fur!)

i think i take more of a 'dog whisperer' approach .. first .. they are animals .. then dogs .. then pets. i love having them around and talk to them and pet them .. but don't want them in our bed or on the furniture .. they are sooooo BIG and FURRY .. and living here 'on the farm' .. their fur is almost always full of good 'ole DIRT!

we used to allow our little 'furry bedroom slipper' of a dog ... BOO ... to sleep with us ... (he looked like a miniature olde english! .. and EVERY morning in the summertime .. i would wake up with AT LEAST .. ONE (or more) ... TICKS in my hair!! he was 'low to the ground' .. and was a TICK MAGNET .. despite the fact that Hank put that tick repellant stuff on him!

i surely do adore them and having them a part of our lives. xo

True Friends * Frannie

HEAR MY STORIES
come, visit my:
"GATHERING ROOM" ..
http://freedomvalleyfarm.blogspot.com

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. up for adoption:
http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2008 :  06:02:26 AM  Show Profile
My dog is my child.....My heart bursts whenever I watch her run and prance.

It took a lifetime to get my first dog who was tragically hit by a car in 2006. This second dog enabled me to correct mistakes and "do it right". I sold eggs and jam for 6 months and saved for Jasmine. It was pretty funny when I took a wad of 700 mostly dollar bills to the teller for deposit.

I told her it was from egg sales. She said "sure is a lot of eggs." You can't beat a good laying hen!

I had intended to take Jas w/ me for a week or two to work, just to get her through the potty routine. 2 weeks turned into 4 months before it got too warm. that, ans she started nibbling on the flocked lining of my truck cap. Folks enjoyed watcing us train and play during our lunch breaks. I found out some of the security guards would periodically stop by my truck and give her a rub or make sure she was comfortable.

They say a dog forms its impressions of the world w/ in the first 4 months of its life. I feel fortunate enough to have been able to expose Jas to all kinds of people and circumatances. The parking lot always has activity going on and all kinds of noises. So this time I have a dog who is used to gun-type loud noises, would rather fetch a ball in the rain and thunder, but hides in her crate whenever hubby and I speak loudly or argue. Smart dog.

Jas is just a little over a year now, and my pride and joy.

There's just someting so cool about coming home after a really bad day of work and being greeted with unconditional love and sheer joy.

Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2008 :  07:07:15 AM  Show Profile
I LOVE LOVE my little rescue pug chiuahua mix- Jack Bauer Sparrow!!!He's really my dd's dog but he sleeps with me,walks with me-he's my baby!!!Oh!! Frannie!! He licks my face all the time! Grooses my hubby out! But I NEVER get sick!!!!!!

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars,or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit." Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2008 :  08:43:16 AM  Show Profile
I LOVE my Scottie Angus. I have always LOVED dogs (other people's), but never knew how much until I owned my own dog. He is my baby.
If all else fails, the dog is glad to see me, even if the kids aren't. LOL

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page

napafarmhouse1885
True Blue Farmgirl

208 Posts

diane
napa ca
USA
208 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2008 :  09:23:25 AM  Show Profile
i love, love, love these stories..and it is terrific to know i am not alone regarding my love of dogs. i have a favor to ask of you guys...do you mind if i cut and paste your comments to my blog? i won't use your names or contact info unless you want me too..but these stories are so special that i would love to share them with non-farmgirls..

thank you..and keep the stories coming... dogs rule! and mose says hi to all of you...

best,
napafarmhouse1885

Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2008 :  09:32:17 AM  Show Profile
I soooo love my doggie. He is a Pomeranian and we named him Oreo. Hubby was so agaist getting one, but my mom breeds them (I know, we are lucky) and we got the pick of the litter. I already had two cats (hubby does not like them either, lol) but I am such an animal lover that I had to get a dog, too. Honestly, if it were up to me, I would have a zoo. I'd loved to have a few of pretty much every animal available. But, yes. My dog is my baby. I remind myself to act like him as he is always happy to see everyone and always has lots of love to give. (I love that)
Take care,
Marcy

It is such a happiness when good people get together-
and they always do-
Jane Austen- Emma
Go to Top of Page

napafarmhouse1885
True Blue Farmgirl

208 Posts

diane
napa ca
USA
208 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2008 :  5:54:52 PM  Show Profile
thanks, marcy, for the reply..and please give oreo a hug from me!!

best,
napafarmhouse1885

Go to Top of Page

EnchantedWoodsGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

959 Posts

Kathy
New Jersey
USA
959 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2008 :  6:48:07 PM  Show Profile
My dogs are my life, they are the reason I get up every day. They are the children that God saw fit to give me. They have given me more joy in my life than I could ever experience from any other thing/person. When they are sick, I am sick - my dogs come first and foremost in my life and always will - all twelve of them - they give us something that we seldom, if ever, get from people, unconditional love.
Yes, there are times when they get on my last nerve and I scream at them just like they are kids, but after all, I am human hehehe. Whenever I have lost one of my dogs, it was a heart-wrenching experience, but I know when I die there will be a lot of tails wagging at the gates of heaven - and heck, I don't care if they send me to dog heaven with poopy scooper in hand. :)

Kathy of the Enchanted Wood
Farmgirl Sister #59
http://enchantedwoodmusings.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2008 :  03:40:31 AM  Show Profile
Please use what you want.

The ironic thing is, I'm still phobically afraid of big strange dogs
(I was attacked as a kid)

After reading so many good dog behavior books out there it helps to know how to behave around strange dogs. I still get unnerved

Go to Top of Page

chicken necker
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Sherry
Eastern Shore Maryland
USA
509 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2008 :  05:21:39 AM  Show Profile  Send chicken necker an AOL message
Probably too much...Buddy, a Chesapeake lab mix, was a pound puppy. Now he is the official taste tester and pillow fluffiness tester of this house. He is especially fond of mashed potatoes and lasagne, but he won't eat it out of his bowl. He'll only take it off "his" fork!

Reminds me of a joke my husband told me: How to find the meaning of true love. Put your wife and your dog in the trunk of your car. After an hour, open it up. Who's happy to see you?

FarmGirl Sister #123

Crafty Bay FarmGirls Chapter

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.
Go to Top of Page

RachelLeigh
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

Rachel
Rainier WA
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2008 :  06:51:51 AM  Show Profile
I know I commented earlier but I wanted to add a little story about my dog Kyle.

When he was 2, we lived in an apartment in Indianapolis. Well, I had just broken up with a boyfriend and was crying over the end of the relationship. Kyle HATES when I cry. So I'm sitting on one end of the couch crying and he's on the other end. I see him look at me, then look at the floor, then look at me, then look at the floor - and all of the sudden, he just tumbled off the couch and onto the floor and then hopped up with this pleased look on his face. Well, his goofiness caused me to laugh and stop crying...he ran over, licked the tears off my face, and I was good to go. Reason #5 of six million that I LOVE that dog!

Oh, and thank you for starting this great topic and for visiting my website! I saw your comment on my blog and i appreciate it! :)

FARMGIRL SISTER #127
my Etsy shop: http://backwoodsjunction.etsy.com
The Catholic Wife: http://www.thecatholicwife.com

Edited by - RachelLeigh on Mar 28 2008 06:52:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

Aunt B
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Terri
Chillicothe OH
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2008 :  5:43:47 PM  Show Profile
I really love my dogs - they are my babies. I have Chihuahuas and they really love me too. Each one is trully an individual. They show us all the time that hey love us equally as much as we love them.

They love to go for walks with me. Pinky Lee, our white with fawn, leaps into my arms and presses his neck against mine, as if to say, "hug me Mom".

Aunt B
http://www.hummingbirdsprings.blogspot.com
http://www.hummingbirdsprings.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2008 :  7:51:34 PM  Show Profile
Jasper is my first baby! I saved him from the pound. I knew he would be left to die because he looks like a jinormous pitbull. He is American Bulldog and pitbull, we think. He is the best dog I have ever had. He is so good with the baby. I found him on www.petfinder.com. he didn't even have a name, he was id #6479. I drove from Bonney lake, wa to Edmonds, wa, twicw during rush hour to get him. We got to bring him home on Valentine's Day, two years ago. His neutering surgery was a hack job, and we had to bring him to our country vet for help. He was too smart, and figured out his elizabethan collar, so DH and I took turns sleeping on the couch, and standing watch, so he didn't rip his stitches. There were many tears during his healing time. Now he lives the papmered life of eating premium kibble and left overs :) and his bed is right by the heater. My mom calls him Ferdinand the Bull because he likes to smell flowers. He is 82 lbs. of pure love.

Trish
Farmgirl Sister #91
Make cupcakes not war!
FREE TIBET!

Edited by - one_dog_per_acre on Mar 29 2008 7:53:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2008 :  7:54:49 PM  Show Profile
Love that Dog!!!! He looks SO cool, both literally and figuratively

He and my pitt mix, Finn, would be famous friends--he too loves the baby pool!

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

Woodswoman
True Blue Farmgirl

512 Posts

Jennifer
Altamont NY
USA
512 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2008 :  11:50:12 AM  Show Profile
I LOVE my Zena!!!! She is a pitbull/lab mix that I rescued from the local animal shelter when she was 9 years old. She is 13 now, and is the biggest mush! She adores people, kids, and I've yet to see the dog she doesn't get along with. She is a true sweetheart!

Jennifer
Farmgirl Sister #104

"Nature brings to every time and season some beauties of its own".
-Charles Dickens
Go to Top of Page

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2008 :  8:04:26 PM  Show Profile
I have had dogs since I was a little girl. We bred poodle from the time I was 9 until I was 14. We had many in the house at one time. I live large dogs....I have a field cocker that is 11 and in great shape. He runs right with the 4 wheeler and loves it. I saved a puppy that was left a local truck stop. He was so skinny and had local mange. Just a few spots...We have had now for 2 months he was 12 lbs at 5 months when I took him from that truck stop. He is now 7 months old and is 26 lbs....and a very happy "little" boy. The vet says he is a Sharpei mix....he does have a stubborn side but normally a good boy...He gets along with my cocker Buddy, but Buddy does have to put him in his place. His name is MACK...since he was found at a truck stop....We love our dogs and they are treated as our children....Which we have 4....and 8 grands and one on the way...
Deborah

we have moved to our farm...and love it
Go to Top of Page

napafarmhouse1885
True Blue Farmgirl

208 Posts

diane
napa ca
USA
208 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2008 :  12:25:18 PM  Show Profile
thanks to everyone for your terrifc stories about your dogs..keep them coming!! i love the picture of jasper from one dog per acre. lots of pictures of my dog mose on my blog..please send me pictures of your dogs..either on this site or posted to my blog..show off your babies!!

best,
napafarmhouse1885

Go to Top of Page

cowgirlmama
Farmgirl in Training

35 Posts

35 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2008 :  4:50:12 PM  Show Profile
I love our Buster boy!He is a Rhodesian Ridgeback that wandered up to our gate about 5 years ago.What a blessing he is.He is truly a gentle giant who is very protective of his mama and daddy.He came to us at a time when we had alot of dog heartache-we lost our lab and our shepard within a few months of each other-as well as one of our goaties.-----a nice website for pet loss is "The Rainbow Bridge". by the way,Buster sleeps on any couch or bed he wants to-cuz we luv him.cowgirlmama
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2008 :  7:42:59 PM  Show Profile
Yes, you could say I love my furbaby girlie Miss Morgan...She will be 5 years old next month and weighs in around 4 pounds.
You can see her here:
www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com

Stephanie
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.blogspot.com
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com

Edited by - queenofdreamsz4u on Apr 07 2008 7:44:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

chessie
True Blue Farmgirl

403 Posts

Karen
Vista CA
USA
403 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2008 :  8:00:16 PM  Show Profile
oh yes! he saved our lives last month when oily rags spontaneously combusted on our newly refurbished covered porch at 3 am. Windsor, my collie dog, barked me awake in time for me to wake my husband and we were able to put the fire out. The table that the rags were on was the only thing damaged and my pooch is a hero!

www.edgehillherbfarm.com "where the name is bigger than the farm, but no one seems to mind"
blog http://edgehillherbfarmer.spaces.live.com/default.aspx?wa=wsignin1.0
happy farmgirl #89
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  12:20:27 AM  Show Profile
What a beauty Windsor is They truly are loyal!

Stephanie
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.blogspot.com
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  06:35:12 AM  Show Profile
Our dogs are our second children! We have had many, but the dachshunds are so precious. We had three a choclate and tan Barney,a sweet kind lover of a dog, he passed away at 5. Now we have our 10 year old Molly who is the boss of everything! She is a brown and red one. Then we have our Timmy 6 who is a long haired tri-colored, tan, soft brown and and touches of rust and white. They are the sweetest things ever. Tom and I both love them to pieces. They sleep in the bed with us.Nothing warmer in the winter than a doxie snuggled up to you! I have to say that one of my most special dogs I have ever had was a buff cocker spaniel named Rocky. He was bought by my oldest daughter right after my daughter Karin died. That dog was the best friend in the world to me. He was with me always and he and our little doxie Joey just let me go through what I had to. They were there to lick up tears and just lay quietly with me. I honestly don't know what I would of done without them. SO a long winded answer to yes I love my dogs to pieces!

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic do you love your dog? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page