Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Thrift shop madness!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Thrift shop madness!!!! Next Topic  

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2008 :  4:31:10 PM  Show Profile
I took my daughter shopping today and while she was in one store, I WENT TO THE THRIFT STORE. A VERY BAD IDEA, AS MY HOUSE AND BARN AND BASEMENT ARE CRAMMED FULL.
However, we have this family tradition of giving everyone a really silly gift for any occasion that calls for a gift, and my girl's birthday is coming right up. I found the most perfect awful very silly gift for her. I also got a few treasures I REALLY NEEDED. Well, there was this large laminated National Geographic map of the U>S> and I decided that would be the perfect backdrop for my collection of five state plates. I'm going to put the mapon the wall behind my stove and hang the plates over the corresponding states. Brilliant, eh? Well, maybe. I don't have a Maine state plate, but i found a nice pale blue one with a seagull on it that I'm substituting. And I'll put my three Mountie plates in the bits of Canada in the map. Quite obviously, I am easily amused. I also got three new coffee mugs to replace the ones I've dropped lately....Maybe later I can convince my daughter to show me how to post a picture. I did read all three sets of instructions on the technical post, but they proved too technical for me.....Time for me to stop blathering,,,I feel a slight tinge of guilt, but the wonders of the gift i found for my daughter pretty much wipes that out.

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2008 :  4:44:51 PM  Show Profile
I feel its very very important to support our local thrift stores. So see its a good thing to go.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Thrift shop madness!!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page