Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 The Manhunt is finally over!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic The Manhunt is finally over!!!! Next Topic  

Farm Girl 2
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Becky
Willis VA
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2008 :  07:34:21 AM  Show Profile
He was captured just past midnight on Sun Morning (yesterday) in New Boston, Texas in a motel room. He had stolen a big flatbed tree truck from the farm in front of us (where he was last seen last Sun) on Wed night and it was found in Statesville NC where he was spotted on camera and the stole a church van and drove it to Texas and the US Marshall's found him there.

I am so relieved to have my life as I knew it back. I really wonder where he was actually at from Sun until Wed though. In my barn one night, my chicken coop the next and then the garage or under my house...... I have to stop!!!!!!!!!! I really don't want to know. All I know is it is over.

I want to thank you all for the prayers and well wishes the past week. It feels so good to be able post your worries and concerns on here and have so many people support you from afar. I know this was trivial to some of things that others have going on in their lives but we are a team and I once again thank you for all the support and prayers for me and my family. There is power in prayer and power in numbers as I have always believed.

Thanks,
Becky

Loving Living Simply!
http://sunnymorningfarm.blogspot.com

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2008 :  08:09:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Becky-

I am so glad that he was finally caught!

I remember something similar happening when I was little. A man escaped from police custody and was seen on our country road. I remember waking up in the middle of the night, going to get a drink of water and seeing my dad sleeping on the couch with his gun close at hand. I was terrified to be out after dark for probably about 2 weeks afterwards. If I remember he was on the run for about 3 days.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2008 :  08:34:52 AM  Show Profile
Becky, I'm so sorry you've been stressed, I know that had to be terrible. I'm so glad that they have captured him and very glad that you all are safe now.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Farm Girl 2
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Becky
Willis VA
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2008 :  08:36:18 AM  Show Profile
Oh Alee. I have lived in the country I mean out in the boonies for almost my whole life where you should really feel safe but I think these little adventures per say seem to find me.

20 years ago, in the next county over from here, a 16 year old girl was killed by her boyfriend and her body was found on his grandmothers land which joined ours just across the fence from our field and her jeans and her leg was drug in to another neighbors yard by their big hound dog. Well I thought that was about the creepiest thing that could happen in the country.

Then about 4 years later, while living in the same house at the end of a dead end dirt road, we were awakened to cops searching for a man who had mugged a retired banker who lived on our road and the guy fled on foot by our house. He was not captured for days either.

Like I say I must be a magnet! Don't move near me or let me move into your neighborhood! I guess they just search the community to find the biggest fraidy cats and thats me!!!!!!

Loving Living Simply!
http://sunnymorningfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic The Manhunt is finally over!!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page