Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Manhunt-- Please pray for us
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Manhunt-- Please pray for us Next Topic  

Farm Girl 2
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Becky
Willis VA
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2008 :  6:43:51 PM  Show Profile
There has been a fugitive wanted for shooting a police officer on Fri at large since then and there is now a county wide manhunt going on around me.

He stole a pickup in West Va on Fri or Sat and was spotted about 1 mile from my house on Sun by a state trooper and the guy jumped out and fled on foot and was last seen standing in the field right in front of MY HOUSE on Sun around 1030 AM. The entire neighborhood was covered with officers from 16 counties all afternoon with dogs and choppers and the works. He has not been spotted since. He is from this county (Floyd Co Va) and they feel someone is probably helping him now.

My dd Leslie and her children stayed the night last night as her dh works night shift and we were awakened to phone calls this am that he had broken into a house on her road (5 miles from mine) and stolen 5 guns and a car and then wrecked the car right down from her house and was being tracked again there.

WOW we can't stand much more of this. Everyone is urged to stay home with the doors locked and vehicles locked. The officers told my dh after searching all of our barns and outbuildings and even under our house, to go inside and load the shotgun and don't be afraid to use it. Well my dh thinks for some reason that he can just go to work and leave me here with a loaded shotgun and a fugitve on the loose. I have never been so scared as I was on Sun night at dark when the 120>< cops that were in my yard and garage and my house ALL LEFT US HERE FOR THE NIGHT. I thought I would die from fright!!! I am scared of my own shadow.

Today the schools were on lockdown, they were closed yesterday. Leslie chose not to take her kids to school today and I am glad.

Please pray for everyone involved in this very very stressful time, that he is caught and no more people are hurt. Oh the officer is OK he was shot in the neck and treated and released from the ER that I worked at until a month ago.

I'll keep you posted.

Loving Living Simply!
http://sunnymorningfarm.blogspot.com

joyfulmama
True Blue Farmgirl

1175 Posts

Debra
Silver Springs NV
USA
1175 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2008 :  6:46:05 PM  Show Profile
Becky, I am praying!! how very scary.

Blessings, Debra
Psalms 23:1 "The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want."
"Your life is an occasion, Rise to it." Mr Magorium..
http://myvintagehome.blogspot.com
http://woolieacres.net
Go to Top of Page

Lizabeth
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Washington
560 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2008 :  6:48:50 PM  Show Profile
We will certainly be praying for your family's and others' safety
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2008 :  6:51:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Oh Becky, that is scary!! I hope they catch him SOON!! And Stay INSIDE!

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

Rich or Poor, It Dont matter We're all the same everybodys hungry in a different way....

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Farm Girl 2
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Becky
Willis VA
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2008 :  7:12:41 PM  Show Profile
Thank you guys. We are getting ready for bed now and it is really hard to be strong especially after dark. I would opt to go to a motel room in another county but we have a farm and can't just leave the animals. I am scared to go to the barn for fear that he might be lurking in the corner or behind a feed barrel or bale of hay. I can really let my imagination go wild at times like these. What am I saying I have never been through anything quite like this.

I did have to add a little humor to the situation this am however. As you may not know me well but i am a practical jokester and it being April Fools Day and all I had to come up with something that wouldn't scare the grandkids too much more than they are already scared and at the same time get them good. So.... We have an automated messaging system in our school system now that will call all parents and alert them via phone when the schools are closed or delayed etc.. and my dh had called home this am to check on us so after the phone rang I went and woke up the kids and told them that my other grandaughter had called here saying that "Miss Honeywell" called and said that school was ontime today but that all the students had to wear a red Tshirt and bluejeans because of the manhunt so they could keep up with them. Well everyone went wild "What" "That's crazy" etc etc boy did I have them going for about 10 minutes. I then called my other grandaughter who was away from her parents and I told her the same thing and I heard for at least 10 minutes about how stupid that was and how she was going to just march in there in her red tshirt and give them a piece of her mind (Shes 13) and when I said APRIL FOOLS she hung up on me.hahahaha

The 13 year old called me after school to tell me that almost everyone at school had on a red shirt today!!!!!!!! lol She said "I guess miss honeywell called them too".

Hugs,
Becky

Loving Living Simply!
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2008 :  7:33:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
LOL thats great Becky!!

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

Rich or Poor, It Dont matter We're all the same everybodys hungry in a different way....

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2008 :  06:27:17 AM  Show Profile
Becky, how's it going? Did they find the guy yet?

Jo

"Wish I had time to work with herbs all day!"
Go to Top of Page

RachelLeigh
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

Rachel
Rainier WA
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2008 :  06:57:44 AM  Show Profile
Wow...I would be scared to death! I am praying that it ends with no one else hurt.

FARMGIRL SISTER #127
my Etsy shop: http://backwoodsjunction.etsy.com
The Catholic Wife: http://www.thecatholicwife.com

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2008 :  07:39:39 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
How is everything going? I hope they caught him?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2008 :  09:43:59 AM  Show Profile
Hi Becky,
Hope all is well. I'd be scared to go in the barn too! I have a very active imagination, but in this case I'd say it's warranted. Hope this guy has been caught. Love the April Fool's joke.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

Farm Girl 2
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Becky
Willis VA
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2008 :  11:06:38 AM  Show Profile
Oh No he is still on the run. I just wish someone could tell me that he is in Jamaica or somewhere other than Floyd Co now. It is impossible to just carry on life as usual not knowing where he could possibly be. The choppers are flying around and the troopers are up and down the road today again but no updates or any buzz on the scanner today. My dd's inlaws have a scanner and we got alot of info from them yesterday.

Leslie is going home today. She took Colton to school this am and the schools are going to be on lockdown until he is found. Her and Emma are going to their house when Colton comes home on the bus. Her dh is at home sleeping from working nightshift. He is sure missing his family. He said today it wasn't fair to disrupt our lives so much. I plan to finally venture out tomorrow (I hope) and run some errands. I am just too big a wus my dh says. This guy was in front of my house though and I did not see him that day but I was talking to one of the troopers when he was still standing there before he ran again. I can't get over it yet.

Thanks for the prayers!

Loving Living Simply!
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2008 :  12:33:09 PM  Show Profile
Oh, gosh. I hope they find him soon. That is so scary!! Stay safe, Becky.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

Wherever you go, there you are.

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2008 :  08:44:06 AM  Show Profile
Becky, I am sorry you are so frightened. It is a terrible way to have to feel. Have they caught him yet? I think anyone would be upset knowing that a fugitive is on the loose right in your back yard! You are taking good safety precautions and the police seem to be right on this. Just use your commom sense and good intuition, I am sure he is probably trying to find somewhere else to hide. I hope this ordeal is over for you and your neighbors very soon.

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

Rebekka Mae
True Blue Farmgirl

965 Posts

Rebekka
Moscow ID
USA
965 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2008 :  5:19:21 PM  Show Profile
Becky- I am thinking of you and your neighbors tonight, glad that you are all well prepared and carrying on bravely! Please do keep us posted...
LOvE- Rebekka

www.bebebella.etsy.com

As a woman I have no country. As a woman, my country is the whole world.

Virginia Woolf
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Manhunt-- Please pray for us Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page