Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 if you could live ANYWHERE ...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic if you could live ANYWHERE ... Next Topic
Page: of 2

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2008 :  7:47:43 PM  Show Profile
Hey Molly, I went and checked out the www.findyourspot.comThat looks like a lot of fun and could be very useful!

Steph
Go to Top of Page

cowgirlmama
Farmgirl in Training

35 Posts

35 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2008 :  6:53:28 PM  Show Profile
Although I dearly love my Texas prairie,I would love to live in the solitude of the New Mexico desert
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2008 :  9:16:18 PM  Show Profile
Oh MaryJane Lee...if you go to Solvang (I love it there too!) you must go to Village spinning and weaving shop (on Alisal) it is the best shop!! And tell them I sent you!!! I just love John and Marsha the owners. They are so sweet and helpful. I have missed going there since we moved here. I lived about an hour north of there.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2008 :  11:27:07 AM  Show Profile
Will do Aunt Jenny! Shall I eat a goodie from the bakery for you to? Not a problem! I will eat one for you & one for me!

Hugs, Maryjane Lee
Farmgirl Sister #44

http://thebeehivecottage.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2008 :  11:54:36 AM  Show Profile
Abelskivers (I bet I spelled THAT wrong!!) for sure..yum!!!! There is a great needlework shop there on the same block as the spinning shop too...just so you know...grin...

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt B
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Terri
Chillicothe OH
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2008 :  8:59:51 PM  Show Profile
I've lived in big cities and in the country. I lived where we have 4 seasons, and I've lived where its hot.

I like it here in the Appalachian Foothills of Ohio in Chillicothe (22,000). I really wanted to move to Mayberry, but this is close enough.

Proud Farmgirl Sisterhood #168, Aunt B
http://www.hummingbirdsprings.blogspot.com
http://www.hummingbirdsprings.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Linder
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Linda
Lake Forest IL
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2008 :  07:31:02 AM  Show Profile  Send Linder a Yahoo! Message
I'm from the Northwest and love it there!~I'm thinking I'd like to end up there again on a lovely bit of land near the mountains but still close enough to the city for a few pretties and essentials. I'd love a garden and a few laying hens. A dog or two and a little place for guests to come and enjoy the peace and quiet. There's a home with acreage in Spokane that I've fallen in love with next to the Little Spokane River that would suit me just fine!

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom"
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2008 :  08:01:53 AM  Show Profile
Has any one here ever been born and raised in cali or somewhere warm and relocated to say Spokane(Grace??) or Idaho and liked it? Just wondering if the adjustment was hard! I' d be afraid-I crave sunshine!!!

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars,or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit." Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

jo Thompson
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jo
the mountainside of the Chugach in Alaska
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2008 :  10:31:55 AM  Show Profile
Spokane is a very pleasant climate and very summer (a little gray in summer), it's very sunny in alaska (too sunny, like hours and hours and hours of sunny in the summer). jo

"life is drab without a lab"
http://web.mac.com/thomja/
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2008 :  08:16:50 AM  Show Profile
Jo I think you meant to say Spopkane is a little gray in winter. I've learned to love the gray, it means cloud cover which keeps the temperatures from plummeting overnight. Summer is the dry season and you get sun sun sun. What's wonderful is there is no humidity and it cools off wonderfully in the evening. Jim took and early retirement and we didn't want to live in the big metropoliten area so we could choose anywhere in the country to live. After lots of research,we chose to live Colville in the "Forgotten Corner of Washington". What we were looking for were four seasons but a little milder than where we came from(MN)no traffic or crowds, far from a big city, mountains, forests. Added bonuses were no humidity. very little bugs and no state income tax. I love to tell the story on how Jim said now that he's retired he can do things during the week instead of the weekend when it's terribly crowded at popular sites. We were renting a cabin near Republic and it was Labor Day weekend and it was beautiful out. He said I think I'll hike up to the top of Sherman Peak a poplular hiking and camping area. He didn't see one person and the campground was empty!! on Labor Day weekend. Unheard of back where we came from. For us it's been perfect. JoAnn
Go to Top of Page

TabithaLenox
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Kim
Gettysburg PA
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2008 :  09:30:59 AM  Show Profile
I would like to live in one of the Western States....Wyoming, Montana, Idaho....I want to be a cowgirl!

Kim

" Life's A Garden- Dig It! " Joe Dirt
Go to Top of Page

Linder
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Linda
Lake Forest IL
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2008 :  07:40:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Linder a Yahoo! Message
Hey Judy,
I'm from Seattle and it really doesn't rain that much, it spits. The challenge is that it's overcast and grey A LOT. If you can handle that, you'd LOVE the Northwest.

As for me...
I prefer the mountain, not sure what state but I'd have to have 4 seasons. I'd like to live on a piece of property (a few acres) near a crick or a river AND I'd like it to be within an hour of a major town so I could have the best of both worlds.

Is that doable I wonder?

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom"
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2008 :  4:52:10 PM  Show Profile
linder darlin' .. you jus' described KENTUCKY!!! but, i'm sure lots of states can also meet your wishes.

True Friends * Frannie

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Linder
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Linda
Lake Forest IL
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2008 :  11:19:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Linder a Yahoo! Message
Hey Frannie,

Who knows? Danny and I have discussed buying a "vacation" property for later in our lives. Kentucky might be just the ticket! It's sure close enough to Chicago to make it doable.

Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2008 :  09:46:29 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies! I'm a California girl, born and bred. I grew up in a small town, that's not such a small town anymore, but I moved to an even SMALLER town (that's STAYED small) when I was 17. I have done some traveling, visted many states-- Oregon, Washington, Colorado, Tennessee and I LOVED Kentucky! I always thought that if I hadn't gotten married and had a family, I might be sending this e-mial from THERE!
But.... I'm still in California. I live on a farm with 22+ acres with all kinds of critters running around, and I have to say that I love it here. The ONLY thing I would change, if I could, is the summer HEAT! It's HORRID, but thankfully doesn't last long. I would spend the summers somewhere on a beach lapped by crystal clear water and cool salty breezes. And NO SHARKS!!!!!

Edited by - shepherdgirl on Apr 28 2008 09:49:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

Back Home Again
True Blue Farmgirl

584 Posts

Audrey
Albuquerque New Mexico
USA
584 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2008 :  10:22:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Back Home Again an AOL message
Well if we are really gonna dream.......hmmmm....I would live in Santa Fe, NM (I live in Albuq. right now so it is not far) But >>>>> I would also want a place in the City....maybe even NY as in Manhattan!! The best of both worlds would be the answer for me......Acreage to have peace and quiet and be able to plant and sew and also a place to indulge in what Big Cities have to offer!! I love museums and antique places and theatre and ya know that kind of stuff too!! Dreamin' is fun!! Guess that is why I am a Gemini!

Audrey
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic if you could live ANYWHERE ... Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page